You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

iPhone data usage question

I know there is an epic iPhone thread but thought I'd be direct and ask my own question.

Going to upgrade my phone to an iPhone, probably the 3Gs one as I can get the handset free and wont face a long wait for O2 to restock themselves of iPhone 4s

The contracts they offered were £35 p/m and that is with 500mb of data. I can pay more to get another 500mb or 1gig.

I haven't the foggiest how much Data one uses on iPhone. I would mostly be using it for Facebook, ebay, TLW and browsing, obviously taking into consideration that I'd download the odd app which I could do on my household wifi etc.

Would 500mb be enough?

I know there is an epic iPhone thread but thought I'd be direct and ask my own question.

Going to upgrade my phone to an iPhone, probably the 3Gs one as I can get the handset free and wont face a long wait for O2 to restock themselves of iPhone 4s

The contracts they offered were £35 p/m and that is with 500mb of data. I can pay more to get another 500mb or 1gig.

I haven't the foggiest how much Data one uses on iPhone. I would mostly be using it for Facebook, ebay, TLW and browsing, obviously taking into consideration that I'd download the odd app which I could do on my household wifi etc.

Would 500mb be enough?

If you are only going to use it for browsing and for the odd email, then you should be more than covered with 500mb.

In all honesty, for a device like the iPhone you need Unlimited Data to get the most out of it IMO.

If you stick to browsing and Facebook whilst using the 3G data then yeah, you should be okay, but I think you'll be restricting yourself big time.

I got the iPhone 3Gs on 02 before this Unlimited Data cap came in.

If you are only going to use it for browsing and for the odd email, then you should be more than covered with 500mb.

In all honesty, for a device like the iPhone you need Unlimited Data to get the most out of it IMO.

If you stick to browsing and Facebook whilst using the 3G data then yeah, you should be okay, but I think you'll be restricting yourself big time.

I got the iPhone 3Gs on 02 before this Unlimited Data cap came in.

Yeah it is a kick in the teeth like. They said I'll have unlimited until October and then the cap is placed on it. Most of the tarrifs have that sort of limitation though. Like Orange, they claim "unlimited" but their fair usage policy is up to 500mb

Yeah it is a kick in the teeth like. They said I'll have unlimited until October and then the cap is placed on it. Most of the tarrifs have that sort of limitation though. Like Orange, they claim "unlimited" but their fair usage policy is up to 500mb

I think you might be okay IF you do heavy downloading onto your iPhone over Wifi, and sync Spotify play lists and the likes at home.

I think you might be okay IF you do heavy downloading onto your iPhone over Wifi, and sync Spotify play lists and the likes at home.

Thats what I think I will be doing like. Download large apps and the likes on my wifi if I can. I just want to hold it all shiny in my hand...

I almost considered a HTC one but they just aren't as nice looking