You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yes, i wish he had more pace and more skill... and a consistent first touch would help too.

But how many other players have the energy and commitment to both help out the right back, mix it up on the wing and then always be in the box when a move is being finished?

Since Torres has been out for this latest stretch, he has come into his own because if it were Benayoun or Maxi (both players i rate) then we'd likely have one less player in the box most of the time.

As much as his form has really frustrated me this season, i'll give him credit when it's due. His play with possession was better today than it has been most season.

That's the important part. It was a war out there for all the game, even before we went down to 10. It is no surprise that Kuyt and Masch were the 2 best players out there as that really suits them.

Exactly, people who dislike him cos he aint the fastest or most gifted player remind me of Wenger. Football aint like how Wenger ideally want the game to be, on the deck, total football, minimal contact. You need players like Dirk, Mach etc cos football aint always pretty like today.

I still think we can do a lot better than him at right wing, but as a second striker I think is where he belongs. He's been superb these past 4 games, but sadly he's been lacking on most occasions when played on the right.

What a horrible fan you are.

Kuyt scored today from a right position did he not?

Kuyt scroed today did he not?

Kuyt has been on form of late has he not?

Yet you still bash him at every possible moment.

Get over yourself and celebrate the player that is Dirk Kuyt.

What a horrible fan you are.

Kuyt scored today from a right position did he not?

Kuyt scroed today did he not?

Kuyt has been on form of late has he not?

Yet you still bash him at every possible moment.

Get over yourself and celebrate the player that is Dirk Kuyt.

I said he's been superb lately, and that second striker is his best position, hence we did not see the best of him because he was out of position. Calm down.

P.S. Did you watch the match? Kuyt scored from inside the six-yard box. A typical poacher's goal. Which serves to justify my argument.

You don't like a player who has so much heart he could be a multiple organ donor? The man is a fucking legend. He scores in just about every fucking derby- why? Because he cares. He has fire and he has strength and he always comes through in the end. He epitomizes Liverpool spirit.

It's really easy to say something like this after he's scored a winning goal isn't it?

You'd think that people had suggested that he isn't capable of doing that, which is not the case. He has scored some vital goals for the club and will continue to do so until his Liverpool career is over.

He'll also continue to split opinion amongst the fans until the end as well.

It is good to see Kuyt play more like we know he can. The last 3-4 matches have been giant steps in the right direction. And once again he comes alive again in February.

The last few matches though makes it even harder for me to accept the performances of the previous 4 months. Everyone have patches where they play bad, but Dirks bad patches seems to last ages in comparison to those we compare him with. And to me, that is hard to take.

Had it been up to me Dirk would have started matches from August to September, been benched from October to January, before keeping the place from February to the end of the season. One thing about Kuyt is that he is consistent in his inconsistity.

And even if Kuyt scores another 10 goals this season, it wont excuse the performances he put in the 4 months which ruined our season. I have lost confidence in Kuyt. A few goals wont change it, as we have seen it all before.

It is good to see Kuyt play more like we know he can. The last 3-4 matches have been giant steps in the right direction. And once again he comes alive again in February.

The last few matches though makes it even harder for me to accept the performances of the previous 4 months. Everyone have patches where they play bad, but Dirks bad patches seems to last ages in comparison to those we compare him with. And to me, that is hard to take.

Had it been up to me Dirk would have started matches from August to September, been benched from October to January, before keeping the place from February to the end of the season. One thing about Kuyt is that he is consistent in his inconsistity.

And even if Kuyt scores another 10 goals this season, it wont excuse the performances he put in the 4 months which ruined our season. I have lost confidence in Kuyt. A few goals wont change it, as we have seen it all before.

Spot on.

A big point is that when he loses form it tends to be for long periods. I find it hard to forget the bad run of form he has just got over.

I still cannot dislike the fella as he never hides but is that enough to be a first team regular, in my opinion no.

He's done this before, absolutely shocking early in the season and then starts scoring important goals later on so everyone forgets about the bad games.

It's just as easy to say that people forget all the important goals (and there have been a lot) during the dry patches.

Some fans will always need a focal point, a player to castigate and someone who bears the brunt of all their frustrations when things don't go well.

It's just as easy to say that people forget all the important goals (and there have been a lot) during the dry patches.

Some fans will always need a focal point, a player to castigate and someone who bears the brunt of all their frustrations when things don't go well.

Yep, I'm a twat for doing that, taking a dislike to player and blaming all the clubs ill's on him.

I have struggled since Riise and Crouch left, I had a defender and an attacker to blame, so could switch depending on the argument.

Benny has pissed me off greatly this year, and I do think that Dirks critics have more validity than Lucas's do, I don't think he has played that well in the last couple of matches, but has scored!

i think hes an immense player but when he's alongside Torres his game becomes limited as he's forced to do the things he's not great at like acting as a supply/holding player. He's a goal poacher for sure more of a Rushie than a Dalgleish.

Yes has has limitations but play him the right way and he'll win games just like he has.

Can anyone throw some stats as to his performance when Torres is on the field compared to when he's off?

I would always have him in my team as an inspiration to the other players, even when things are shit his head never drops and weaker players would have got to pieces by this time of the season already.

I said he's been superb lately, and that second striker is his best position, hence we did not see the best of him because he was out of position. Calm down.

P.S. Did you watch the match? Kuyt scored from inside the six-yard box. A typical poacher's goal. Which serves to justify my argument.

I did see the match and you are completly taking his peformance out of context. He did more for us than just score a "poachers" goal as you so called it. He won the header between two defenders, the goalkeeper and from his own player.

Add to that the contant running, holding the ball, crosses and defense that he contributed to throughout the game and maybe you can see why he is loved in these parts.

What?

I don't think that statement is really open to interpretation, but I have to ask, you're not really blaming this poor season on one player are you?

Fuck me.

Or are you saying the 4 months themselves ruined our season?

Either way, in those 4 months all but about two players put in inept displays.

What a ridiculous thing to say.