You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs. Aston Villa Match Thread

jimbglanmire

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing result.

Performance was so-so- we played worse last season and got the points, today we created enough chances but didn't put them away while gifting them two goals.

ESPN commentators were saying that there was a bad feeling around the club- manager, players , everybody looked tense and irritated. Joe Royle could barely keep the smirk off his face. I don't know if this is because of the financial situation or the pressure of being 18-18 with the mancs. I like most fans expected to see a creative signing to help break down packed defences, but instead we've been weakened overall. Maybe the players (and manager) also expected the team to be strengthened?

In injury time mascher/Babel/Vronin were passing the ball side to side in front of a mass of Villa players, a few of our players were making runs behind into the box but no-one had the vision to flick a ball over the top, and eventually someone overhit a cross. We lack that bit of craft and guile.

Oh well, off to bed- hope it'll hurt a bit less tomorrow.

we are 3 points behind the champions with 35 games to go ... still got to play them home and away

got agger, aurelio, aquilani, riera to come back

........ and everton are bottom of the league

btw.. that les lawson fella isnt he chairman (or similar high rank) of the supporters club ? .... why is he sitting in a studio when the match is on ?

We lost today because of 3 reasons :

1. Lucas was extremely unlucky.

2. Gerrard thought that he has done too well for this club and its time to do some damage.

3. Brad Freidel proved why he is underrated.

No Rafa, No Americans, No Kuyt. That's it.

This is nonsense.

Honestly some of what is being said on here is beyond belief. Have you seen Owen play in the last 2 years? Voronin is not and will never be Torres but he made something happen tonight.

And the chap who wants to take a dump on live TV is an idiot.

Yes i have seen him and when fit he scores goals. The risk was would he be fit but paying him for appearances or on a low wage would have been a better option than keeping someone that was surplus to requirements and is not and never will be a quality Liverpool player. I am not saying he would have been the answer to our problems but he would have given us an extra option. As a defender i am sure they would all fear someone like him coming off the bench than Voro.

Keeping us together is not what we need, what we need for him is to quit, say that they are a bunch of cunts and then have a good old kick off rather than the apathetic shite that most of our fans have going on. I'd like the club to fucking collapse.

Would you listen to youself? I'd be in tears if that happen, the fact that you are wishing for it makes you sound soul-less.

I know you dont really want it to happen because you are hurting, but unlike you I believe in the heart and soul of this club.

We dont give up, we will not surrender, we will not stop fighting and we will get though this like we have done countless times before.

You are either with us or against us.

I agree. Players are fickle and always need to be wanted. The fact he wasn't meant he would show us exactly how good he was and then move on. Instead of bigging up a twat like lucas he should have been bigging up the likes of Alonso the previous season instead of trying to get rid of him.

Sort your fucking head out. Thats a player who plays for our football club your talking about. Maybe if he wasn't frightened to death to do anything out of the ordinary on the pitch he might meet your high standards. Tonight has made me realise we really have got a lot of fans who are massive cunts who have no idea what this club stands for. Lucas was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch

You're familiar with his previous written work then Sandman? Philly's forging a new career as the forum Tracy Emin.

He's gone a bit nuts in this instance IMO. I really don't want to see anyone dropping a dookie on TV. Add an LFC replica jersey to the image and I don't think I'd ever be able to watch us play again.

Would you listen to youself? I'd be in tears if that happen, the fact that you are wishing for it makes you sound soul-less.

I know you dont really want it to happen because you are hurting, but unlike you I believe in the heart and soul of this club.

We dont give up, we will not surrender, we will not stop fighting and we will get though this like we have done countless times before.

You are either with us or against us.

Collapsing club = quick sell.

Witless. Spineless. Pathetic. Or - worse insult - just like one of Mad Ged's final sides.

Towards the end of the 'game' I was just despairing. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. I actually thought I'd ended up in Goodison by mistake.

We had poor passing, the usual witless kicking the ball into the box in the hope that someone might be there, and then, when we needed to be direct (coz it was 1-3 with 4 minutes added time) we started passing it across the goal, back, to the sides, ANYWHERE BUT FUCKING FORWARD.

Was this really Liverpool???

And why is Babel allowed anywhere near this club?

Why is Babel?

Sort your fucking head out. Thats a player who plays for our football club your talking about. Maybe if he wasn't frightened to death to do anything out of the ordinary on the pitch he might meet your high standards. Tonight has made me realise we really have got a lot of fans who are massive cunts who have no idea what this club stands for. Lucas was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch

calling him a twat was a bit much in fairness but saying he "plays" for our club is too IMO. He puts on a shirt and attempts to play but has only achieved it prob twice in the premier league. I feel for the guy as i believe in a slower paced league he would be a very useful player but he is not up to it. Why does Spearing not get a proper chance when he hasn't put a foot wrong but Lucas keeps getting chances? This latest setback giving the cheap free, scoring OG and then being subbed will hardly make him think he can be a LFC player regardless of what any fan may think about him.

I totally agree. He looked like he was going to burst into tears after the own goal. He gets way too much shit.

It seems like some on here just want to tear down players who aren't the best at what they do. Lucas may never be the fantastic midfield maestro we all want in a Liverpool team, but as long as he plays for us and puts in the effort we need to back him. But that's not going to happen now is it?