You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Dirk goals/moments.

Kevin D

Gol de Kuyt Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0 - www.dalealplay.com

This is not just one of my favourite Dirk Kuyt goals (typically slightly mis hit), but also my favourite piece of commentary ever (pity he doesn't actually mention Kuyt though).

Oh yeah, almost forgot,

Fuck off Chelsea

That sums up Dirk, that goal. Loses his marker (as always), tries to assist but doesn't come off, immediately hunts the ball down and gets it, makes a run, finally gets the ball and scores.

Strength, intelligence, goal presence, team work. The guy is a fucking legend.

I was waiting at Schiphol airport on my way back from the Dam in 2006 when the Dutch squad had just arrived back after being knocked out the World cup in Germany.

We were being linked with Kuyt at the time so I asked him if he was coming to Liverpool, with a massive smile on his face he said 'maybe maybe' and gave me the thumps up.

Anyway just thought i'd share that with you.

As for my favourite Dirk moment, it's slotting in that second penalty at Goodison and running towards us celebrating like a mad man.

That sums up Dirk, that goal. Loses his marker (as always), tries to assist but doesn't come off, immediately hunts the ball down and gets it, makes a run, finally gets the ball and scores.

Strength, intelligence, goal presence, team work. The guy is a fucking legend.

But as the luminaries will tell you, his closing down NEVER leads to goals. Oh no!

Every footstep the man takes on the pitch is a highlight for me.

He's, to me, like a modern day Crazy Horse. Never stops running, always smiling. You can see the guy is proud to wear the Liver Bird upon his chest.

My favourite goal has to be the goal he scored against Chelsea in the 2006/2007 season.

YouTube - liverpool 2 - 0 chelsea

3 minutes in and he makes the Chelsea defence look pathetic as they were all afternoon.

Favourite moments from Dirk: Showing up Fat Sham and the Drunken one for the idiots they are with his hand gestures at Hull; Scoring the equalising and (especially) the winning penalty at the Wooden Shack in October 2007 and celebrating like a wild man; Doing likewise against Chelsea with the winning penalty in May 2007's CL semi-final. His celebration after his ridiculously disallowed 'goal' (that was about 15 yards ONSIDE) in that game wasn't bad either.

Favourite Goals: Football wise; HAS to be the header v Bolton last season at their dump, we passed, passed and passed them to death and then? He headed it and it rose dipped and arced into the top corner with the binman.......ahem their goalie nowhere near it.

For power has to be either his rocket header against Chelsea in the CL Quarter 2nd Leg last season from about 6 yards out or the tracer bullets he smashed past David James and Heurelho Gomes in our away games v Spurs and Portsmouth BOTH from impossible angles. His 20 yard missile at the start of one half v West Ham in January 2007 wasn't bad either nor the thumping finishes v Spurs (September 2006), twice against Aston Villa (October 2006 AND Mothers Day - March 22nd 2009); However, the most powerful 'have THAT' goal of the lot was the one I remember most from the very end of last season on the day my little boy was born; May 17th at West Bromwich Albion's Hawthorns Ground, Where he twisted past what 4(?) players or so and just BELTED it into the bottom corner from 18 yards or so..............If Kiely had got in the way it WOULD have taken his head/hand/arm/whatever etc off, no doubts on that one.

One moment I witnessed was none football, Dirk was walking around Tesco with a full shopping basket and one of the girl staff walks up to him and asks for his autograph.

He puts the basket down smiles at the girl and said...

"Of course, it would be my pleasure."

"Ta luv." the girl said.

"You're welcome" said Dirk.

Never seen any player react to an autograph request in such a friendly manner before, was well impressed.

Every footstep the man takes on the pitch is a highlight for me.

He's, to me, like a modern day Crazy Horse. Never stops running, always smiling. You can see the guy is proud to wear the Liver Bird upon his chest.

My favourite goal has to be the goal he scored against Chelsea in the 2006/2007 season.

YouTube - liverpool 2 - 0 chelsea

3 minutes in and he makes the Chelsea defence look pathetic as they were all afternoon.

I like Preston Red.

• 2 years later...

Today was my favourite. In second place would be the pen to take us to Athens. In third place I'd say the Inter goal because it came on the back of a drought with some of the more vocal fans constantly on his back. I call them fans, more like brainless "critics" who haven't the first clue about football.

Guest the boy

Dirk is simply sublime. In character, integrity and effort he rivals any servant in the club's history.

Last minute goal against City is up amongst them; his parting of Europe's top defences will be his enduring legacy. Criminal he hasn't won more with us.

Today was my favourite. In second place would be the pen to take us to Athens. In third place I'd say the Inter goal because it came on the back of a drought with some of the more vocal fans constantly on his back. I call them fans, more like brainless "critics" who haven't the first clue about football.

I agree.

He showed his class today. The great players can do it in the big games - Dirk once again did it when it counted.