You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tell you what beer pickers if you can locate either home and bargain or B&M near you currently there are some bargains to be had.

Innis and Gunn aged ipa 660ml £1.89

Lancaster Brewery - lemon grass ale 79p a 500ml bottle.

Old boy Norwegian gold 79p a 500ml bottle.

Cans of Sagres 79p

You're basically wasting money by not buying them.

I went to some tiny brewery in the middle of nowhere last weekend. It is also a recording studio so they had loads of bands on and a beer festival. Loads of stupidly strong beer at 2 euro a pint made the 10k cycle back interesting.

Beers

dca594b2afffb73c7eac4bf6264de29f.jpg

Good Vibrations and I See A Darkness were lovely.

I've had a couple beer snob dilemmas in the past year. The first one was on the train to London some youths left about half a box of Carling on the train. Despite being a tight Cunt I couldn't bring myself to take that filth but still pondered whether I should have.

Dilemma 2 was my Cousin leaving Fosters at my place. I have palmed most of it off but did crack a can just to see if it was as horrendous as I remembered. It wasn't as shite as expected just incredibly bland.

• Upvote 2

I've had a couple beer snob dilemmas in the past year. The first one was on the train to London some youths left about half a box of Carling on the train. Despite being a tight Cunt I couldn't bring myself to take that filth but still pondered whether I should have. Dilemma 2 was my Cousin leaving Fosters at my place. I have palmed most of it off but did crack a can just to see if it was as horrendous as I remembered. It wasn't as shite as expected just incredibly bland.

Deffo did the right thing with Carling, absolute swill. It's not snobbery in my view because it's got nothing to do with price (I got some nice German beer from Alid recently 99p a bottle), it's simply to do with the fact it's horrible. 

• Upvote 3