You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MS Enterprise Server and IMAP.

Duncan Clench

Anyone use an enterprise server for work emails? Would you recommend it? Pros and cons would be handy too. Here's why.

Currently at work we have and IMAP server (I say 'server', it's just an ancient computer in a cupboard) to handle out emails and filing. It works well for us to an extent because wherever you are in the world you can dial into the server and have all your emails from year dot on the screen. It's fairly unreliable though so I'm considering earning a few brownie points by migrating to and Enterprise server. It's important that we have access to our email history wherever we are. Is this what you get on Enterprise?

Everyone here's got blackberrys too, I understand they combine very well but would appreciate some testimony.

Ta.

We use Microsoft Exchange where I work. It's superb. You can connect to it using a web browser as well if needs be, so people will be able to dial in or VPN in or such like to get their e-mail from anywhere. It's staggeringly expensive though.

We use Windows Mobile Devices rather than Blackberry, but I understand that you require an additional server to run Blackberry from Exchange.

Is there any point in using Exchange if you don't need the calendar syncing it provides with Outlook?

It's a great enterprise solution. Almost all of the management integrates flawlessly with the Active Directory and it's very scalable. If you're running a Microsoft house, it's the logical choice. In terms of the end user, it allows you to work with other people's calendars, e-mails, tasks, contacts etc.

It really is a good product, it's just very hardware intensive and expensive.

What benefits would we get through AD if we made the switch? (We have more than 10k Windows machines, just to give an idea of size)

As far as general e-mail management goes, E-mail addresses are associated with each user's AD account and you can set up distribution lists, external forwarding, access permissions etc on people's AD accounts. There are four extra tabs on each person's AD account and if you're interested I can list all of the options, send screenshots etc. You get group policy extensions for Exchange and Outlook as well.

There is of course a separate MMC snap in to manage Exchange "globally" rather than just per user settings as well.

If you're managing 10,000 users, the centralised management would be a godsend.

We of course use AD but e-mail is not Windows based.

I reckon we're at 50K+ users, but machines are in excess of 10k. I work at a University, hence the difference in numbers. And believe me, we have centralised user management!

Cheers for the info on Exchange, both of you.

you can read free manga onlinehttp://www.MaxManga.comKatekyo Hitman Reborn! 1-209 210 211 21268463015bxn.jpgTsuna one day comes home, greeted by a little baby mafioso who apparantly is his new home tutor. His job is to guide Tsuna into his role as the 10th Boss of the Vongola family. With the help of all his new friends and an array of special items such as the ",Dying Will Bullet", he might just be able to do it.read free manga, free manga online, read manga, find manga, find free manga, onemanga,mangafox,find manga online, mangaonline,free anime , anime online, read anime,free comic, read free comic online,comic online,free Naruto online , free One Piece online,free Bleach onlinemanga Katekyo Hitman Reborn,manga Reborn Tsuna,manga Reborn KEFI,manga Reborn Vongola,Katekyo Hitman Reborn Manga,manga Reborn Bullet,manga Reborn Characters,manga Reborn Ueda,manga Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn,manga Reborn Anime,manga Reborn Video Network,manga Hitman Reborn,manga Reborn AOM,manga Reborn Weekly Shōnen Jump,Reborn manga series,manga Reborn CosaNostra,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn,Reborn manga KEFI,Reborn manga Vongola,Reborn manga Tsuna,manga Hitman Reborn,manga Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn,Reborn manga CosaNostra,Reborn manga Ueda,Reborn manga Downloads,Reborn manga series,Reborn manga mob boss,Reborn manga Bullet,Reborn manga Oozora,Reborn manga anime,Reborn manga AOM,Reborn Manga Forum,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Vongola,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Tsuna,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga KEFI,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Downloads,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Akira Amano,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Mukuro,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga KHR,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Hibari,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga CosaNostra,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Characters,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga scanlated,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Shueisha,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga Anime,Katekyo Hitman Reborn Manga Search,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga mob boss,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga livejournal,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Tsuna,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Vongola,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Downloads,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Mukuro,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Hibari,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn KHR,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Anime,Katekyo Hitman Reborn manga series,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Characters,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Amano,Katekyo Hitman Reborn Manga Search,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn mob boss,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Akira,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Japan,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn LiveJournal,manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn Yamamoto,