You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

is it wrong to wish for villa even if it plunges us further in debt?

spider-neil

bring in villa at any cost?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. bring in villa at any cost?

• yes - fuck it! in penny in for a pound
    • no - best to keep our debt small and managable

I reckon Merchandising would recoup the fee over a few years. Plus you think of the possibilities of us doing better in competitions with villa in the team, thus creating more prize money.

From a very biased point of view, yes.

When the stadium is built it will be generating about £50m extra per season. The debt is short-term, the club should be thinking long-term. Short-term thinking is responsible for us falling so far behind financially over the last decade.

Under Moores/Parry it would never have happened, late is better than never.

There is no reason why it couldn't have though. The reason Moores sold up was so that the stadium could be built and we would still be able to compete for top signings.

Prats.

And yes fuck it lets buy Villa, more debt will hopefully force the cunts out quicker with less profit going in their pockets.

The merchandising and Villa's effect on the team would generate the money over the duration of his contract.

Imagine if he turns out to be just half as good as El Nino?

It is not often I agree with Hermes but he's called this one right. We need to be thinking long-term.

He'd not cost more than £30 million, no matter what type of European Championships he had. We could raise the cash from what we have and sales, get it done Rafa.

Exactly.

When I read about this player and that player a lot of them are a risk, the Q fella etc at least an element of risk. With Villa I just do not see one, right age and is pure class and as RR said we can afford him.

I honestly believe he would make us serious contenders for the league. We so badly need another player capable of twenty a season and Villa is a player who would virtually gaurantee that.

It is a no brainer, do get em.

I'd say yes, maybe give them 20 mil up front and the rest over a few seasons? This coupled with sales as mentioned and the hopefully forthcoming work properly starting on the new ground would satisfy me that we will be ok to do it. Add on to that the success and prize money he would surely contrubute to and of course my selfishness of wanting to see him here then yeah lets fucking have it.

He'd not cost more than £30 million, no matter what type of European Championships he had. We could raise the cash from what we have and sales, get it done Rafa.

If only it was that simple.

Somehow, "Get it done Rick, Tom & George" fails to inspire any confidence that anything will ever get done. Ever.

I answered 'no' on the basis of the assumtion that we can't afford him (which is the core of your question afterall). If that's the case then we would be doing the same misstake as teams like Leeds has done in the past. Us not buying Villa because we really can't afford him is what's separate us from lesser teams.

I answered 'no' on the basis of the assumtion that we can't afford him (which is the core of your question afterall). If that's the case then we would be doing the same misstake as teams like Leeds has done in the past. Us not buying Villa because we really can't afford him is what's separate us from lesser teams.

Ah come on Kop, we aint no Leeds. Sometimes you've got to take risks to get what you want, in the words of a hero of mine, "he who dares, wins Rodders".

Are you perepared to go on seeing us finish 3rd/4th/5th each season, as we keep a nice stable budget and chug along as we have been for the last 10 years? Or do you want to see us make that last big step?

Ah come on Kop, we aint no Leeds. Sometimes you've got to take risks to get what you want, in the words of a hero of mine, "he who dares, wins Rodders".

Are you perepared to go on seeing us finish 3rd/4th/5th each season, as we keep a nice stable budget and chug along as we have been for the last 10 years? Or do you want to see us make that last big step?

We aint no Leeds, that's for sure. The main reason though is that we use our heads. I'm not prepared to gamble on our future, we never have and that's why we are in the top year after year. Have patience and recognize when we can and when we can't.

I want to make that last big step when we are good and ready, and when it comes to transfer money that time is not now. Spend what we have, and add some on calculated risk. If the calculated risk is based on, let's say CL semis every year, then it's a gamble not worth taking. When (if) we build a new stadium we will have a better foundation to take calculated risks. With a 40k weekly base of revenue we would take unnessesarily risks to compete with teams like Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal on the transfer marked.

This said; we are in the power of those cunting americans anyway, so we won't even be spending what we have.

We aint no Leeds, that's for sure. The main reason though is that we use our heads. I'm not prepared to gamble on our future, we never have and that's why we are in the top year after year. Have patience and recognize when we can and when we can't.

I want to make that last big step when we are good and ready, and when it comes to transfer money that time is not now. Spend what we have, and add some on calculated risk. If the calculated risk is based on, let's say CL semis every year, then it's a gamble not worth taking. When (if) we build a new stadium we will have a better foundation to take calculated risks. With a 40k weekly base of revenue we would take unnessesarily risks to compete with teams like Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal on the transfer marked.

This said; we are in the power of those cunting americans anyway, so we won't even be spending what we have.

Fair comment, I suppose we need to have a level head for every dreamer like meself. I'm just desperate to see us win that fucking league, but your right, specially with them cunts in charge we do have to be careful.

Get him in.

I think you need to look at how much money the scum made out of the likes of Beckham and the Greasy fuck in revenues outside of matchdays which is why Madrid are happy to spend whatever it takes as they know they will recoup that initial outlay in a couple of years.