You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No idea mate.

Been taking Allopurinol and Indometacin, steered clear of booze, red meat, offal. Clueless.

Was supposed to be going out on a 5 day bender around my birthday last Sunday, put paid to that.

Your body looking after you?

No idea mate.

Been taking Allopurinol and Indometacin, steered clear of booze, red meat, offal. Clueless.

Was supposed to be going out on a 5 day bender around my birthday last Sunday, put paid to that.

Pre-Medical Science, Gout was seen as a major badge of honour, due to it's connotations of rich living. You're the forum's Henry the 8th mate, happily ensconced in middle-ages peasantry as I am, I bow down to you.

One of my best mates suffers terrible Gout, has done since his mid-twenties since he's an absolute fuckhead. I'm usually too busy laughing in his face to have ever listened properly, but his Dad's run an organic and natural health shop his whole life, and I know he's taken stuff from him that relatively helps. I think you might need to alkalise your blood, seem to recall him taking something for that which he reckoned worked, before launching into another 3 day bender and ending up hopping around and moaning.

I'll give him a bell and get back to you.

No idea mate.

Was supposed to be going out on a 5 day bender around my birthday last Sunday, put paid to that.

There's no point telling us after the event. Hope you had a good day, a certain sporting event aside

They used to say this disease mainly affected 'portly chaps' is that the case here or not?

Are you calling me a fat cunt ?

Your body looking after you?

Some fucker needs to Champ.

You're the forum's Henry the 8th...

{speechless}

There's no point telling us after the event. Hope you had a good day, a certain sporting event aside

Er, no.

Henry old boy, can't get hold of my mate, he's AWOL again. 

I did a Google search on what I remember him telling me helped though, and it's worth searching "bicarbonate of soda gout".  If you try drinking half a teaspoon of bicarb in a 240ml-ish glass of water 4-8 times a day, it should Alkalise your blood and give you some relief.  Genuinely.  He has terrible Gout, and has sworn by it in the past. 

If it doesn't work, feel free to call me your cousin and murder me.

* You would need to google side effects of bicarbonate of soda first, in case you're on any of the medications it advises caution with or have any of the conditions listed.

Henry old boy, can't get hold of my mate, he's AWOL again. 

I did a Google search on what I remember him telling me helped though, and it's worth searching "bicarbonate of soda gout".  If you try drinking half a teaspoon of bicarb in a 240ml-ish glass of water 4-8 times a day, it should Alkalise your blood and give you some relief.  Genuinely.  He has terrible Gout, and has sworn by it in the past. 

If it doesn't work, feel free to call me your cousin and murder me.

* You would need to google side effects of bicarbonate of soda first, in case you're on any of the medications it advises caution with or have any of the conditions listed.

Cheers mate. I'm also on some of this herbal shite, celery seed extract pills and black cherry concentrate; costs a fortune, tastes shite, makes no discernible difference whatsoever.

Off to play with my chopper.

• 3 months later...

What is this bastard cunting disease?

I woke up this morning in fucking agony. I've a red spot the size of a twenty pence piece on the ball joint of my left big toe and I can't even fucking stand up let alone walk!

It's up their with toothache and earache as the worst pain I've ever experienced. A million times worse than breaking my leg, rupturing my cruciate ligament or having my head stapled back together again.

I wouldn't mind but I've hardly drank (a couple of ciders a week), I've been eating sensibly and I'm actually losing weight at the moment.

How the fuck does that work?

What is this bastard cunting disease?

I woke up this morning in fucking agony. I've a red spot the size of a twenty pence piece on the ball joint of my left big toe and I can't even fucking stand up let alone walk!

It's up their with toothache and earache as the worst pain I've ever experienced. A million times worse than breaking my leg, rupturing my cruciate ligament or having my head stapled back together again.

I wouldn't mind but I've hardly drank (a couple of ciders a week), I've been eating sensibly and I'm actually losing weight at the moment.

How the fuck does that work?

Sounds like gout alright Col.

Get yourself to the docs for a blood test and some meds, but in the meantime batton down the hatches for some sleepless nights and for some of the worst pain you will ever experience.

Sorry.