You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Crouch..

Stouffer

Crouch is fucking light years ahead of Voronin. He's also a much better striker than Kuyt as well, although obviously Kuyt is much better in the current system.

Crouch has had some poor games this season but what do people expect when you're in and out of the team on a regular basis?

Crouchie's best form comes when he gets a run of games, but that's not happened for a long time and it also seems unlikely to ever happen here with us. People have been quick to slag him off this season despite him hardly having a chance.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouch is fucking light years ahead of Voronin. He's also a much better striker than Kuyt as well, although obviously Kuyt is much better in the current system.

Crouch has had some poor games this season but what do people expect when you're in and out of the team on a regular basis?

Crouchie's best form comes when he gets a run of games, but that's not happened for a long time and it also seems unlikely to ever happen here with us. People have been quick to slag him off this season despite him hardly having a chance.

You speak sense.

I know people who support United and Arsenal and all of them to a man can't understand how Crouch doesn't play ahead of Kuyt and Voronin. Agreed, none of them want Crouch in their team but say he is our 2nd best striker and none of them enjoy seeing him in our line up against them.

I hope he signs that new contract and stays, I really like him now as I see him as a massive asset from the bench and in games where we don't need 5 midfield/attacking midfielders.

Replace "Crouch" and "Voronin".... just for fun's sake because it also applies.

Comparing Voronin to Crouch is like comparing Jessica Alba with Dawn French.

Crouch has been far better than Voronin this season, plus he's already proved he can do it at Liverpool.

Crouch technical ability doesn't make his physical limitations any less of stumbling block.

Put his technical ability on Pennant and we'd fucking wreck teams.

In Baggio's way of saying it: Crouch would be world class in the 80s.

Shite Athlete but Good footballer.

he's a fantastic footballer you utterly stupid prick.

I've always(and I stress always) rated Crouch's skill. I've never doubted his ability to do things with the ball. I used to be a big Crouch fan.

Voronin is a better asset to our side and formation. His ability to make intelligent runs is great. Had he been a bit sharper he could have easily had two goals today.

He doesn't have Crouch's technical ability and nor does Kuyt. I prefer both in our current formation over Crouch.

Crouch has too many physical limitations and has put in the worst performance of the season against Havant.

Kuyt has been absolutely shite for most of this season. Absolutely shite. Crouch has 3 goals in 7 starts. If Benitez can't see the value of Crouch, or if he can't resolve the problem he has with him, then he's less of a manager than I thought he was.

Guest TK-421

If he was as bad as you say he is he wouldn't play at all, it's that simple. Rafa is being rewarded now anyway. Can't we enjoy both strikers playing well?

Shite like this today is what makes me dislike Crouch so much... not that he played well or scored. That's great for us.

I mean.... all this 'forget about the bad times; only remember the good times' dogshite stench that follows him around.

Crouch is like a mild case of herpes. Flares up occassionally, always there, definately not good.

I'm assuming you can't be the same kind of personality in real life as there's some good lads from here who seem to be happy to give you the time of day - but my God, you come across as a fucking prick on here.

I'd switch to 4-4-2. It's not even as if Xabi is playing well at the moment and Arsenal clearly can't handle Crouch. And he gives us extra height for set-pieces (even if he wasn't much use today for their goal).

Arsenal can't handle him. We saw it last season, and we saw it today. Torres could easily fill one of the roles either side of Crouch on Tuesday, and he'd do it better than Babel.

Of course for the most part Torres should be the central attacker, but there are occasions when Crouch should be used and against Arsenal is one of them. That performance today was world class, and if he's playing on tuesday Gallas and Toure will be shitting it. It will give Torres more room too I expect.

Agreed.

I'd go 4-4-1-1, with Torres just behind Crouch (or vice versa, either could work).

Keep Mascher and Alonso in the middle and put Gerrard on the right.

I'm assuming you can't be the same kind of personality in real life as there's some good lads from here who seem to be happy to give you the time of day - but my God, you come across as a fucking prick on here.

Lance is a good lad, but he's got a major fucking blind spot when it comes to Crouchy!

I'd stick Crouch up front on Tuesday with Torres behind him in Gerrard's role, and Gerrard on the right where Kuyt's been playing.

Torres does most of his damage when running at people and making his own goals anyway so jobs a good'un.

Why? Because I don't think Crouch is good enough? I sit here and say, "Show me how Crouch is good enough" and no one does. His inconsistancy is a problem, he's slow, and his poor games are EXTREMELY poor.

Surely, you aren't going to tell me that Crouch isn't hit or miss.

How good was he at Portsmouth? At Home v Havant? How about against Birmingham away? He really tore it up against Barnsley, right?

Crouch can play well a few games and that's grand. I was happy for Crouch to play well in those games but he's absolutely dire when he's not arsed and that seems to be more often than not the last two seasons.

Last season, we played a system that favoured a player of his attributes more than the system we have now... I don't get why he's suddenly nailed on burst onto the scene as a Top Class player based on a solid hour of play today.

Are you really that confident with Crouch taking over for Fernando Torres in the case of an injury? I REALLY am not...

You may think thats a right fucking prick talking but I don't. I think that's someone who wants his fucking football club to challenge for a fucking title sometime before he's fucking thirty.

I'd stick Crouch up front on Tuesday with Torres behind him in Gerrard's role, and Gerrard on the right where Kuyt's been playing.

Torres does most of his damage when running at people and making his own goals anyway so jobs a good'un.

So, we'll move our best forward out of his dominating position. We'll move our best midfield attacking talent, from a role he has thrived in, to a wing position and we'll take off last wed's MOTM for a "hit or miss" striker who had a good game today?

C'mon.... That's crazy talk.

So, we'll move our best forward out of his dominating position. We'll move our best midfield attacking talent, from a role he has thrived in, to a wing position and we'll take off last wed's MOTM for a "hit or miss" striker who had a good game today?

C'mon.... That's crazy talk.

No I agree with you that he's hit and miss, but I also agree with others that the Arse can't handle his height at all. You need to deploy all of your weapons in a game like this, especially when you know there's a weakness there.

Did you hear Andy Gray the whopper saying that Crouch is poor in the air for a guy his size, just after Crouch had that header on goal when he came in from the back post in the second half? Think back to Arsenal at home last season when he scored a fabulous header. Think back to Sunderland at home this season when he opened the scoring with a header. Think back to the amount of headers he won today for either Lucas, Pennant or Yossi to receive. Think about them all you senile, Scottish prick.

Why? Because I don't think Crouch is good enough?

No, I don't think you're a prick because you don't think Crouch is good enough. I think it shows you don't know your football, and I think the way you talk about it endlessly and in the middle of threads that have nothing to do with him/it is obsessive and dull. But no, I don't think you're a prick because of that.

I think you're a prick for talking about one of our own players (and a talented one who's proved himself a very sound lad to boot) as giving off a "dogshite stench" and being "like a case of herpes."

Go and lift some weights, I'm not giving involved beyond that.

Crouch is poor in the air but I think Graham Taylor once said that when he had him at Villa, he thought the reason for that problem was that because he was so tall people never bothered working on his heading because they assumed would be able to do it naturally.

He's not talking shit. Given a run of games, Crouch would do a job for us, and wouldn't let a lot of people down. But he's not the best we can do. He was however, outstanding today. His best performance for us away from Anfield. Almost unplayable.

I didn't see it as I fell back asleep and didn't roll out of bed till past two but I assume it was like the arsenal hat trick.