You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drums, drumming and songs with drums

hamstrung

I know it’s not to everyone’s taste (and not really mine) I know, however I find Black Metal drummers next level. There are some  phenomenal players out. I’d share better ones than the below but I can’t remember names as those Scandinavian and Finnish names are a fucker. 

That riff that kicks in on this at 3:10 is brilliant. 

My mate, who I get all my Black Metal knowledge from, is the drummer for these guys below. I’m not sure if I’ve shared them on this thread before, if so apologies.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Buddy Rich playing an 'oh fuck off' solo and having the start of a heart attack towards the end of it. I managed to get to see him live 3 times and remember thinking I was a pretty good drummer when I went to see him for the first time only to leave the venue totally humbled. He was a fucking god. 

Aye, he was taken straight to the hospital after that performance.

He had chronic back problems too but the guy was from a different planet.

I have a mate who collects vintage drums & he has one of Buddy's old Slingerland kits 

21 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, he was taken straight to the hospital after that performance.

He had chronic back problems too but the guy was from a different planet.

I have a mate who collects vintage drums & he has one of Buddy's old Slingerland kits 

That's awesome, I wouldn't try to play it though in case the kit called me a shit cunt.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

That's awesome, I wouldn't try to play it though in case the kit called me a shit cunt.

Getting to see him live three times is awesome too.

Unfortunately he was gone before I got interested in drums. I would have loved to have seen him or Tony Williams in the flesh.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

As I said in an earlier post, it's very humbling (and fucking awesome).

If you've not seen it, I love this clip of him soloing for a minute. No warm up required for Buddy, straight in at 100mph.

33 minutes ago, Mook said:

If you've not seen it, I love this clip of him soloing for a minute. No warm up required for Buddy, straight in at 100mph.

His technique is ridiculous. He was a guest on Parkinson years ago and he did a drum solo on 10p and 50p pieces that Parkinson held on the palm of his hand. The precision was mind blowing. I know he could be a bit of a cunt but what a player!