You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Target Number One (Sky) - True story about a lad getting set up in Bangkok and sent down for a heroin deal and the journalist who fought to get him released from Bank Kwang prison. Don't let Josh Hartnett being in it put you off, he pays the journalist very well. Good watch. 7.5/10 

This just puts me off even more. 

Seaspiracy. Doubles as Seas Piracy. 

Not rating it out of 10. I'm rating it as a must watch for anyone who has a remote interest in helping keep the human race alive. 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Seaspiracy. Doubles as Seas Piracy. 

Not rating it out of 10. I'm rating it as a must watch for anyone who has a remote interest in helping keep the human race alive. 

Tricky question, because I am interested in keeping the human race alive, but only if I can procreate with girls who are at least an 8/10.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

The Seventh Day - 5/10. A bland effort that crosses Training Day with The Exorcist but never gets anywhere near the heights of either. Guy Pierce dials it in. 

Some people call the seventh day Sunday, some call it Monday. 

Zack Snyder's Justice League - Long and brown is the short version. Long version, which is apt, is this is a lot better than the Joss Whedon film which goes to show just what a mess that became. However, needing four hours to squeeze out a better movie is like saying you're good at doing a three point turn in an empty car park.

The Good is tonally it's now consistent throughout. Cyborg doesn't feel shoehorned in so I can understand Ray Fisher's anger at the original version. The forced moments of Whedon-humour are gone and for the better. There is still humour, mostly from the Flash. It feels more organic in it's story now as the team comes together and work with another. The plot is still nonsense but it makes sense now within the movie's own world which is all you can expect.

The bad is the CGI is woeful in parts especially on Cyborg and any wide angle shot; honestly Cyborg's CGI is so bad that it almost wrecks the character. Steppenwolf's armour has the Transformers problem of being too intricate and therefore looks terrible and he is still a pretty bad villain. It's all still too brown and miserable looking. The four hour runtime is ridiculous. Darkseid was a bit brown and generic looking. The epilogue is pointless and Jared Leto's Joker is better but still a bit shit.

Better but still not a great film. WB should have just let Snyder release this originally then we wouldn't have the nonsense of RestoreTheSnyderverse. It's too long though. Chop out the epilogue and another 15 minutes and we might be getting somewhere. Less edgelord than I expected but what a mess they've made out of trying to shortcut a DCEU. 6 out of 10

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Redknight: vetting the edgelord nonsense so you don’t have to. Nice one. 

An edgelord is someone on an internet forum who deliberately talks about controversial, offensive, taboo, or nihilistic subjects in order to shock other users in an effort to appear cool, or edgy.

Just now, Anubis said:

That’s four hours of my life I kept thanks to RK.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did others. Only way to judge is to watch it.

6 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did others. Only way to judge is to watch it.

I’ve no investment in any DC characters beyond Batman, Green Arrow and John Constantine. Maybe Swamp Thing during Alan Moore’s run. As such I’ve no particular interest in a DC team up movie but might have give it a look out of curiosity. I’d happily watch a Batfleck film though. Not that there will be one now that Pattison is in the Batcave, at least for one go.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

I’ve no investment in any DC characters beyond Batman, Green Arrow and John Constantine. Maybe Swamp Thing during Alan Moore’s run. As such I’ve no particular interest in a DC team up movie but might have give it a look out of curiosity. I’d happily watch a Batfleck film though. Not that there will be one now that Pattison is in the Batcave, at least for one go.

Batman and Superman are the real star turns in this. It also looks likely Henry Cavill is hanging up the cape so either they are retiring the characters or they have a cunning plan to minimise the impact on their departures.

Pattison, never heard of the cunt but after watching that fan made Batman movie there can be surprises.

10 hours ago, Paul said:

Crimson Tide - 9/10. Denzel vs Hackman on a nuclear submarine with Tony Soprano lurking in the background while Tony Scott makes everything look amazing. Great. Fucking. Film. 

You and RB would work great in tandem.

26 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Batman and Superman are the real star turns in this. It also looks likely Henry Cavill is hanging up the cape so either they are retiring the characters or they have a cunning plan to minimise the impact on their departures.

Pattison, never heard of the cunt but after watching that fan made Batman movie there can be surprises.

Pattison has turned into a good actor after that Twilight shite, he was ace in The Lighthouse and The Devil All The Time.

Just now, Elite said:

Pattison has turned into a good actor after that Twilight shite, he was ace in The Lighthouse and The Devil All The Time.

Was he the guy with the other guy in The Lighthouse? There were only two guys, so I'm hoping the answer is yes. That's a weird but great film.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Its meant be darker in tone the next Batman isn't it? Much like The Joker. He's ideal for that type of film.

Any trailer that has "There's something in the way" by Nirvana as the backing track isn't going to be full of grins...not happy ones, anyway. 

34 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've got The Lighthouse recorded ready to watch , but every time I go past it in the list I imagine it being a Fast Show spoof

the-lighthouse-film-review-gq-october-101519.jpg