You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Greatest Showman 8/10

Is its probably the first musical I've watched since Seven brides for seven brothers and I really enjoyed it.

I thought the cast were great the songs very catchy and the routine between Efron and the fit bird was brilliant.

I'm off to practice my pirouette.

Kubo and the Two Strings - Stop motion animation about a young boy who has to battle his grandfather and aunties to stop them from stealing his eye; that's the actual plot. He's joined on his quest by a monkey, who is mother reincarnated, and a man cursed to be a beetle. It's nothing if not original and the animation really is amazing. It doesn't sugar-coat loss and death, the effects it has on us, and the story is told straight and with the assumption that kids and adults will get it. Liked it, didn't love it, but it's definitely worth watching as it's intelligent film-making that kids will like being scared by and adults will enjoy the message. 7 out of 10.

Selma 8.5/10

Harrowing story behind the actions leading up to the Martin Luther King’s organised Selma marches and the Civil Rights movement and the right to vote and the struggle against the very top of the United States government.

It hits you with a sucker punch straight away and is generally very tough to watch, at times.

Thought it was fantastic. The cast were all brilliant too.

Great film.

• Upvote 1

Hadn't got round to reviewing this. Totally agree, it's just such a stupid movie. Not even in a good way.

I've had no interest in getting round to seeing this and the views on this in no way change that. I will remain blissfully unaware of how shit it really is but the trailers did a good job of putting me off seeing it.

I've had no interest in getting round to seeing this and the views on this in no way change that. I will remain blissfully unaware of how shit it really is but the trailers did a good job of putting me off seeing it.

Streamed it and still felt ripped off.

Brawl in Cell Block 99

A bit slow paced, but completely engrossed all the way through.

Not a Vince Vaughn fan, but he was very good in this.

Ending was superb.

9.5/10

You are definitely into your grindhouse movies aren't you? Good man.

Shot Caller

Violent drama of a family man who ends up in prison and then gets embroiled in gang culture in order to survive.

Excellent flim.

8.5/10

Might give that a whirl.