You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A genius in action

Hermes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great player on his day. A pitty that he only perfomed well one season for my team. Yet it was much easier to get past players in those times, with the space given to players and the rash challenges made by defenders, as long as you could avoid them. I am pretty sure that the best dribblers of today would make as many slaloms as those great players of the past. They would need a bit of toughen up though :biggrin:

As for genious, take a look at this. Close control, technique and balance like you would not believe.

Christ! How many tricks that everyone raves about even now did he actually invent? The Zidane turn 15 years before Zidane played a professional game!!! How fucking sweet would it be to have a player that good wearing a Liverpool shirt, week in, week out?

As for genious, take a look at this. Close control, technique and balance like you would not believe.

Maradona an absolute legend. That word is thrown around these days but Maradona truly is a legend i've watched another few videos of him and the things he could do were unreal. He is the best player of all time, in the last few years only Zidane and Ronaldinho come close to him. His goal against england in the world cup is the best goal i've seen (no offence lads :thumbup: ) because of the way he went through them as if they were not there as Captain said his close control, technique and balance were excellent. If that was some players today they wouldn'y have got near the goal they would have thrown themselves to the floor by the halfway line.

Maradona an absolute legend. That word is thrown around these days but Maradona truly is a legend i've watched another few videos of him and the things he could do were unreal. He is the best player of all time, in the last few years only Zidane and Ronaldinho come close to him. His goal against england in the world cup is the best goal i've seen (no offence lads :thumbup: ) because of the way he went through them as if they were not there as Captain said his close control, technique and balance were excellent. If that was some players today they wouldn'y have got near the goal they would have thrown themselves to the floor by the halfway line.

The marking was very poor. He only had to get past Shilton, which he did superbly. The rest of defenders were just ball watching. In today's game more likely than not a holding midfielder would have commited a faul on him, not as spectacular as those made in the eighties but probably more efective. You don't see those slaloms anymore because the defensive technique, individually and collectively has improved tenfold.