You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best outcome for us in Man City v Arsenal game?

What's the best outcome for us in Man City v Arsenal game?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best outcome for us in Man City v Arsenal game?

Draw. 

Gives us the chance to get back on top, after that it's in our hands. 

Arsenal win, they can stay ahead no matter what we do, and beating the blue mancs at their own place will give them a huge boost. 

Blue mancs win, they stay ominously lurking behind us by one point. Can't slip up in the slightest.

Draw gives us a buffer where we can afford to drop points and stay ahead of city, and take a bit of the wind out of arsenals sails, and increased pressure from their fans to keep pace. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

Interesting outcome so far - everyone wants the draw. I think an Arsenal win could potentially be very good for us.

Arsenal are top, have scored the most goals and conceded the least and have beaten both us and Man City.

They have probably been the best team in the league so far. 

• Upvote 1

I think Arsenal win and they will win the league with a game or two to spare. That kind of shit is psychological Nirvana how many times have we fallen short when it really matters at the Abu Dhabi ghost town. People under estimate Arsenal they are solid at the back and score the most goals.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Meteor Strike.

Knowing our luck it would strike when and it would be 0-0, with both sides down to 8 men after a raft of red cards and both sides suffering bad injuries to key men and in the 16th minute of 17 mins of injury time....Meanwhile we'd have beaten Brighton 9-0.

The season would be called null and void immedistely after.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Knowing our luck it would strike when and it would be 0-0, with both sides down to 8 men after a raft of red cards and both sides suffering bad injuries to key men and in the 16th minute of 17 mins of injury time....Meanwhile we'd have beaten Brighton 9-0.

The season would be called null and void immedistely after.

Stole my thunder there chief.

I think there's merits in all the outcomes. And one of the hard things to judge is after an international break, it's like another reset and how can everyone get going again after it. For me it just comes down to maths. If either team wins, our rivals drop 3 points. If it's a draw, they drop 4. If i had to pick a winner, it would be arsenal. 

• Upvote 1

There was a thing on twitter earlier by some stats crowd and gave percentages to win the league after the 3 possible outcomes of City arsenal, IF Liverpool do the decent thing and win against Brighton.

It gave us a 47% chance of winning it if its a draw, 37 for us if City win and 44 for us if arsenal won.

Lies dam Lies and statistics as they say, but a draw would be the best result.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Arsenal are top, have scored the most goals and conceded the least and have beaten both us and Man City.

They have probably been the best team in the league so far. 

The flip side is that they’ve no experience of successfully seeing this part of the season through, especially when also playing high stakes European games.

This game and maybe the Spurs game aside, City’s run-in looks horribly easy, and they’ve done it all before. 

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think we should just concentrate on trying to beat Brighton and the things our team can control.

I'm guessing that this thread won't distract Jurgen and the lads too much from the Brighton game. 

• Upvote 3

Anything to disrupt City is good in my book. Arsenal have the most difficult run in I think, so  even if they were to beat City, there’s still plenty of scope for them to drop points.

The only downside is they blew up at this point last season and have been looking stronger all round this season, so the theory that you have to go close to then win it is looking a distinct possibility for them.

I think we’d take more confidence out of City losing than either of the other two results, but, ultimately, we need to ensure we keep winning and if it’s not enough then fair enough.

I’d be gutted if we lost to Arsenal by a point or less after the capitulation against them at their place though, whereas City winning it again would be a bit “meh” and should be tainted by them being found guilty of at least some of the 115 charges they’re facing.

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

The flip side is that they’ve no experience of successfully seeing this part of the season through, especially when also playing high stakes European games.

This game and maybe the Spurs game aside, City’s run-in looks horribly easy, and they’ve done it all before. 

Agree about City’s run in.

However if it’s a draw and we beat Brighton then we will be 3 points ahead of them with a superior goal difference.

I would take that with 9 games to go.