You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xabi Alonso: Welcome back to Anfield.

Elite

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, but we could celebrate his league title no?

That would be normal.

I, for one, would like to see more Alonso-favourable stats. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Nothing would be more exciting than seeing stats about a manager who told us to fuck off. 

It’s like having photos of your ex on the walls.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is still a chance, if they win the lot and do it unbeaten , what more can you do there actually?

It could all be a part of the dance move to not disturb the run in and a possible meeting in the Europa League, now the possibility of us being up against Leverkusen is out of the way. 

I like the focus on giving it all, even if they are already Champions. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Code said:

I think there is still a chance, if they win the lot and do it unbeaten , what more can you do there actually?

It could all be a part of the dance move to not disturb the run in and a possible meeting in the Europa League, now the possibility of us being up against Leverkusen is out of the way. 

I said the same thing on the other thread. Say you’re staying and all the noise dies down till the season’s over, then decide what to do. The reports saying Edwards is not averse to making a brave appointment might indicate someone else though.

22 minutes ago, Code said:

Doing well in CL is a great challenge, isn’t it ?

It wont be Xabi

He has told them he is staying, he would look really disloyal to leave now. Anyway the Real Madrid job is there next summer, as will ours and Bayerns if the new bosses don't do a good job

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Doing well in CL is a great challenge, isn’t it ?

One thing he could have said was he wanted to have a crack at the CL with them. Clutching at straws maybe but he could say Liverpool came in with an offer that was too good to turn down. Would Leverkusen fans hold it against him? At least he wouldn’t be going to Bayern.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

It wont be Xabi

He has told them he is staying, he would look really disloyal to leave now. Anyway the Real Madrid job is there next summer, as will ours and Bayerns if the new bosses don't do a good job

Yeah he was pretty clear. He's committed to them for at least another year.

3 hours ago, Code said:

Why's that lad wearing a Waffen SS uniform?