You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

One thing that has gone a bit under the radar is the reaction of the Bournemouth player that likely bought the red card. He's barely been caught by the side of a boot yet screams out in agony and rolls a couple of times for good measure. Here's me thinking only foreigners dive and feign injury, but here's a hardy Scot doing the same.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

More likely to be upped to 5 games for a frivolous appeal. 

Hopefully we’ve framed it as an appeal for leniency rather than asking for the red card to be rescinded. I’m not 100% sure but I think the appeal panel has power to reduce the suspension. 

13 minutes ago, aws said:

Hopefully we’ve framed it as an appeal for leniency rather than asking for the red card to be rescinded. I’m not 100% sure but I think the appeal panel has power to reduce the suspension. 

Maybe. IMO, it’s not a red card. Punishment enough was missing the last 30 minutes of Saturday’s match. 

Despite everyone acknowledging it wasn’t a red, I bet we get nothing from it and the 3 game ban will stand. 

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

We should ask for it to be rescinded because it wasn't a red. A booking yes, but certainly not a straight red and it isn't a frivolous appeal appeal either.

I doubt there's a club in the country that wouldn't do the same in our position.

There's tackles in every single game worse than that that don't get bookings. I can see why he could be booked but I've heard a couple on the telly say it was "orange"..no chance for me, it's a 50/50 booking. And if that's the bar for red cards, the game is finished. 

I'd be stunned if these cunts admitted wrong doing by their officials over this.

They'll hide behind this 'clear and obvious' bollocks they use as a cop out and reference that it was checked at time by VAR and that check saw no reason to review it further as it wasn't a 'clear and obvious error'.

We won't cop a 'frivolous appeal' penalty but i'd be amazed if they hold hands up to what is a double error on their officials part - the ref in first place and the VAR by not picking it up as such and getting it looked at again by ref.

This is the criteria for the appeal:

• A Claim for Wrongful Dismissal is a Claim that the Referee made an Obvious Error
in sending the player off and not what the referee submits as his report.

• A club/player may make a claim for Wrongful Dismissal on any sending off except
where the player is sent off for i) receiving a second caution in the same match or
ii) using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures.

• Upon receipt of a Wrongful Dismissal Claim the Association will determine if it
complies with the requirements and timescales as detailed.

• An accepted claim for Wrongful Dismissal will be placed before an Association
Disciplinary Commission as soon as possible but no later than the date upon
which an automatic suspension is due to start.

• After considering the evidence the Disciplinary Commission will decide if the
claim is rejected or successful. A Claim will only be successful where the club
/player have demonstrated the Referee made an obvious error in dismissing the
player.

• If the Claim is successful, the automatic suspension will be withdrawn.

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

I'd be stunned if these cunts admitted wrong doing by their officials over this.

They'll hide behind this 'clear and obvious' bollocks they use as a cop out and reference that it was checked at time by VAR and they sy that check saw no reason to review it further as it wasn't a 'clear and obvious error'.

We won't cop a 'frivolous appeal' penalty but i'd be amazed if they hold hands up to what is a double error on their officials part - the ref in first place and the VAR by not picking it up as such and getting it looked at again by ref.

And they might be willing to do admit they were wrong if there'd been another referee in stockley park on VAR duty. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And they might be willing to do admit they were wrong if there'd been another referee in stockley park on VAR duty. 

With it being Tierney you can bet we'd pay for it from him down the line if the appeal did go in our favour. He'll see it as a mark against him and be looking for revenge 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

With it being Tierney you can bet we'd pay for it from him down the line if the appeal did go in our favour. He'll see it as a mark against him and be looking for revenge 

Which is why he should have nothing to do with our games. Even if he's not biased, the impression of a lack of impartiality colours everything he does in the context of us..the manc cunt. 

The reporting of it already setting the narrative....

Sky Sports News just:

"Liverpool will appeal against the red card given to Alexis Mac Allister in Saturday's win over Bournemouth, Mac Allister was sent off on his home debut for this foul on Ryan Christie. The VAR check failed to find that the referee had committed a clear and obvious error"

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Which is why he should have nothing to do with our games. Even if he's not biased, the impression of a lack of impartiality colours everything he does in the context of us..the manc cunt. 

Oh aye...but no chance of it happening. The horrible cunt will fuck us over again and again and when he does any complaints we have will just be seen as us having a vendetta against him.

It is a really bad position to be in - we literally get fucked both ways - he gets to be a biased cunt with an agenda against us, and he gets away with it and we get framed as the villains of the piece and if we did question his impartiality would probably end up facing charges.