You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Something Fishy about Rishi

Bjornebye

Still amazes me that the elderly 'i'm alright jack' tory voting types with their full private health cover don't realise that if you have an emergency or are in a critical condition private health won't help you. It's NHS or bust.

A relative of mine, life long tory voting fully paid up private health insurance had a health emergency recently and found out to her horror that private health care was of no use. Once the NHS had stabilised her and saved her life she was immediately banging on about being transferred to a private hospital only to be informed by her insurer that none of the private hospitals had the critical care facilities to care for her.

You'd think after that experience she'd think again about the state of the NHS and the impact it might have on her? Not a chance, she's still a Tory voter through and through.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, clangers said:

Still amazes me that the elderly 'i'm alright jack' tory voting types with their full private health cover don't realise that if you have an emergency or are in a critical condition private health won't help you. It's NHS or bust.

A relative of mine, life long tory voting fully paid up private health insurance had a health emergency recently and found out to her horror that private health care was of no use. Once the NHS had stabilised her and saved her life she was immediately banging on about being transferred to a private hospital only to be informed by her insurer that none of the private hospitals had the critical care facilities to care for her.

You'd think after that experience she'd think again about the state of the NHS and the impact it might have on her? Not a chance, she's still a Tory voter through and through.

I'd be amazed if most elderly Tory voters had private health care, purely out of principle. I reckon most people who have it are younger business mogul types or people who get insurance through their job.

But yeah, it's useless for emergency stuff, be well better for longer term conditions or ops but no good if you need A&E or an ambulance, as they have neither. 

That's why you can never compare them like for like. Yes they're probably better funded and have fewer patients, but I bet the Royal would be far calmer too if it had no A&E.

2 hours ago, clangers said:

You don't have to be a Tory to vote Tory, but she's definitely a Tory.

20 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I genuinely saw someone on twitter say 'self employed people can't go on strike '

Well only if they are in dispute with how much they are paying themselves presumably?

Is Gnasher self-employed? I could see him shouting at himself in the mirror

"What do we want"

"What do we want"

"Fuck you"

"Fuck off"

huh?! 

58 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Johnson used to regularly skip COBRA meetings during the pandemic and Raab stayed on holiday while Afghanistan collapsed, both were being paid at the time, but yeah - train drivers are selfish for withdrawing their labour unpaid. 

when johnson actually turned up for work,it made front page news.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Average ambulance time for heart attack or stroke is an hour and a half. Mental. That's failed state shit.

Yep. Linterns twitter account is excellent on all things NHS, unfortunately it's not a pretty read.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Average ambulance time for heart attack or stroke is an hour and a half. Mental. That's failed state shit.

The defunding and purposeful mis-management of the NHS is murder. But, Harry called William a cunt so lets look over there 

On 10/11/2022 at 18:07, Kepler-186 said:

“ Well politicians got lipstick on the collar
the whole media started to holler
but I don't give a fuck who they screwin' in private
I wanna know who they screwin' in public
robbin', cheatin', stealin'
white collar criminal
McDonald eatin', you deserve a beatin'
send you home a weepin', with a fat bill for your
Caribbean weekend
for just about anything they can bust us
false advertising sayin' "halls of Justice''
you tellin' the youth don't be so violent
then you drop bombs on every single continent
mandatory minimum sentencin'
'cause he got caught with a pocket fulla medicine
do that again another ten up in the pen
I feel so mad I wanna bomb an institution
singin'

Oh-my, oh-my God!“ 

PJ and Duncan can fuck off as well. 

Big fan of Franti, and that’s a killer toon…

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Big fan of Franti, and that’s a killer toon…

“Tell me President tell me if you will. How many people does a smart bomb kill? How many of them do you think we got? The generals say we never miss a shot

And we never ever ever keep a body count 
We killin' so efficiently we can't keep count
In the Afghan hills the rebels still fightin'
Opium fields keep on providin'

The best heroin that money can buy
And nobody knows where Osama Bin hidin'
The press conferences keep on lyin'
Like we don't know” 

Yeah he’s quality. Have you seen the film Stay Human? I haven’t yet. 

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

“Tell me President tell me if you will. How many people does a smart bomb kill? How many of them do you think we got? The generals say we never miss a shot

And we never ever ever keep a body count 
We killin' so efficiently we can't keep count
In the Afghan hills the rebels still fightin'
Opium fields keep on providin'

The best heroin that money can buy
And nobody knows where Osama Bin hidin'
The press conferences keep on lyin'
Like we don't know” 

Yeah he’s quality. Have you seen the film Stay Human? I haven’t yet. 

I’ve seen I know I’m Not Alone (a touch sitting on the fence, I thought) but not Stay Human yet. Being in Cambodia I didn’t know that one existed. 

10 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

I’ve seen I know I’m Not Alone (a touch sitting on the fence, I thought) but not Stay Human yet. Being in Cambodia I didn’t know that one existed. 

I’ve just checked I Know I’m Not Alone and it’s on YouTube so I’ll watch that as well, cheers. 

Here’s Stay Human for you mate.