You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Almost like we never even had a party conference. Oh wait.

I don't mean it as an insult even, it's just that the main story is the Tories, the main beneficiaries are Labour, and the Lib Dems are just floating. At a time when voters, mostly liberals I suspect, are flocking from the Tories, Lib Dems aren't picking many up. Not ideal. I want Lib Dems to do well in their areas. 

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Does it take Rees Mogg to drag them naked into the street and bugger them senseless to make them see the Tories don't really have their best interests at heart.

For many of them this is the dream. Darren Grimes for example masturbates at least 14 times a day to that very though. Usually in a classroom full of kids the scrawny little shit. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Me thinks they aren't talking about UC and are more concerned about the state pension. 

I think Truss committed to raising the state pension with inflation (triple lock) in her interview with Kuensburg yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't mean it as an insult even, it's just that the main story is the Tories, the main beneficiaries are Labour, and the Lib Dems are just floating. At a time when voters, mostly liberals I suspect, are flocking from the Tories, Lib Dems aren't picking many up. Not ideal. I want Lib Dems to do well in their areas. 

Oh, I'm sure you don't mean to be derogatory.

Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of psephology knows that the important thing is not the Lib Dem vote, which is largely holding up, but what happens with the Tory vote. With this kind of collapse in Conservative support, they will be losing seats all over the place to both Labour and the Lib Dems.

Just now, Gnasher said:

I think you might be on the money there. She did a cringe interview about him yesterday in the Sunday papers.

I see no way back for Johnson in this Parliament . It would be the U turn of all U turns . They sack him off for dishonestly and all round indolence then wheel him back in when they can't find anyone better !  He also is still deep in shit with the Parliamentary Standards Committee .

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

This is the point. Facts aren't derogatory no matter how much someone wants to leap to the defence of them. This has to be the worst tory cabinet in history and the libs are still floating around 10%. That's quite simply shit. I too want them to pick up seats from the tories. I like the Libs, many clearly don't. 

Just a thought on the polls and the Libs share not increasing.

Could it be that the Tory numbers are the died in the wool Tory scum who will never vote for anybody but the Tories, and that the floating voters who usually hover around the centre / centre right have gone straight over to Labour bypassing the Libs in their desperation to get the Tories out?

Sort of a 'yellow wall lending their votes to Labour' occurrence?

No offence meant to anybody on here, just thinking aloud!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

This is the point. Facts aren't derogatory no matter how much someone wants to leap to the defence of them. This has to be the worst tory cabinet in history and the libs are still floating around 10%. That's quite simply shit. I too want them to pick up seats from the tories. I like the Libs, many clearly don't. 

The Libs will do OK come the election provided they don't do something stupid. I think we will see record levels of tactical voting and where they are currently in a strong second place to the Tories plenty of Labour supporters will pile in.

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

The Libs will do OK come the election provided they don't do something stupid. I think we will see record levels of tactical voting and where they are currently in a strong second place to the Tories plenty of Labour supporters will pile in.

I still want a coalition despite what the cunts did a few years back. Anything to get the current lot out. 

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I still want a coalition despite what the cunts did a few years back. Anything to get the current lot out. 

If a coalition resulted in referendum on PR then I would be happy with that outcome. Nothing I would like better than seeing the Tories effectively denied an overall majority ever again . 

Just watched his speech, fucking awful. And what's going on with the stupid fucking tory walks? Truss when she skips along is demented but Kwartengs languid strut to the podium looked bizarre. 

Anyway, that speech is already causing more civil war, good.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Just watched his speech, fucking awful. And what's going on with the stupid fucking tory walks? Truss when she skips along is demented but Kwartengs languid stut to the podium looked bizarre. 

Anyway, that speech is already causing more civil war, good.

He did the same walk the other day when he did the mini-budget. It's like he has to use all his brain power to put one foot in front of another. 

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

These people are fucking morons

They're not which is more worrying. Most of them seemed able to form an opinion articulately . What is shows is the age old thing of intransigence and double downing on bad choices  coupled with being part of a tribe with the same unwillingness to re-think long standing allegiances. It's another good reason for having PR where these people would be forced to take in board opinions and aspirations of other parties in order to govern.   

Some Tory lord on radio four today said that its almost impossible for them to change leader again any time soon without going to the public. 

The latest poll leads for Labour are crazy though, and in all honesty I still doubt that in an election they'd actually follow up and win a majority. 

Two years ago the idea of a Labour majority was pure fantasy, in another two years time it could equally swing back to the Tories having a big lead again.

One thing that has been really noticeable in the bits of mainstream media I've seen is that really want to stick the boot in to the Tories a lot more than usual.