You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

13 hours ago, Razoray said:

Everyone keeps on about the Bournemouth game. In the second part of the season, they are in the top half of the table. The away loss to Forest was bad but we weren't playing well, were missing loads and it was a dreaded Saturday morning fixture after a Wednesday night game.

The Leeds defeat at home was the one. The only home defeat in front of fans since April 2017 and it was against one of the worst teams in the league. If we won that we would be a point behind Newcastle and Man United now. Leeds.... Cunts

Bournemouth game was right after we beat the scum 7-0.

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Bournemouth game was right after we beat the scum 7-0.

Napoli smacking us is when the alarm bells started ringing, but I think I gave up on the title when we lost to Arsenal away in October.

I think I gave up on 4th vs Madrid when Modric broke through our midfield and they got that 4th/5th goal. That’s when I stopped trusting this team.

8 hours ago, Razoray said:

Phillips playing centre back that night was probably a hindrance with the high line and the press not working well. Darwin getting the red didn’t help either. 

High lines and red cards wouldn’t have made any difference if we’d taken those early chances. Could have been another 7-0

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Razoray said:

Everyone keeps on about the Bournemouth game. In the second part of the season, they are in the top half of the table. The away loss to Forest was bad but we weren't playing well, were missing loads and it was a dreaded Saturday morning fixture after a Wednesday night game.

The Leeds defeat at home was the one. The only home defeat in front of fans since April 2017 and it was against one of the worst teams in the league. If we won that we would be a point behind Newcastle and Man United now. Leeds.... Cunts

Those two defeats back to back v Forest and Leeds were two absolute stinkers.

Especially as they came  off the back of winning 7-1 at Rangers and really dogged, hard fought, professional wins over City & West Ham. 

I know we were missing players v Forest but I seem to remember them being on a poor run at the time and talk Cooper would be sacked. We missed chances and the goal we game up was dreadful. 

Shake that off, win well in Amsterdam and then back to the same shit v Leeds. Definite parallels with that Forest game. Marsch is on the ropes. Concede a terrible goal, miss a load of chances, concede another dreadful goal. 

If we don’t qualify, I’ll be pinpointing those matches. 

• Upvote 2

It is never about one game unless that one game is an actual decider.

The simple facts are that it is our absolutely abysmal away form all season long that has left us where we are.

It is simply unacceptable how garbage we have been away.

5 fucking wins in 17.....

A negative GD

A measly 19 pts from 17 games.

If we had even taken what is still a pretty shite 25 pts from those 17 games, we would be pissing top 4.

Our home form is title challenging form - 43 pts from 18 games - no real issue there, but to win just 5 of 17 away and pick up 19 pts from 17 games (and it is only lately that has picked up a touch) is absolutely abysmal and is why we are where we are.

Pl 17 

W 5

D 4

L 8

GF 22

GA 26

GD -4

PTS 19

Just not good enough.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Everton look a much better side under Dyche not difficult considering lampard was there. They win their last two games easily.

They do but then they also looked better when Lampard had them in relegation dodging mode towards the end of last season, with that being said i'd expect next season once they take their foot off the relegation dodging gas they'll still be better than they were under Lampard.

2 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

They do but then they also looked better when Lampard had them in relegation dodging mode towards the end of last season, with that being said i'd expect next season once they take their foot off the relegation dodging gas they'll still be better than they were under Lampard.

unless the prem league do their job and deduct points next season for the bitters fiddling the accounts the bottom clubs should be putting pressure on the league