You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Northern Independence Party

AngryOfTuebrook

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

As a southerner who supports a northern f**tball team, wastes most of his life on a northern forum and went to a northern University, I have to say that I've encountered a hell of a lot of northerners with a stick up their arses about southerners. Admittedly, a huge amount is justified but we're not all called Tarquin and familiar with Quail eggs. Amy Lewis was in my class for fucks sake. 

I think that's what the NIP must be banking on, because there's fuck all else you can get Scousers & Mancs, Geordies & Mackems, people from Yorkshire & Lancashire, etc. to agree on.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

As a southerner who supports a northern f**tball team, wastes most of his life on a northern forum and went to a northern University, I have to say that I've encountered a hell of a lot of northerners with a stick up their arses about southerners. Admittedly, a huge amount is justified but we're not all called Tarquin and familiar with Quail eggs. Amy Lewis was in my class for fucks sake. 

Aren't you from Milton Keynes, mate?

That's a midlands town... no more southern than Worcester or Banbury

6 hours ago, mattyq said:

Aren't you from Milton Keynes, mate?

That's a midlands town... no more southern than Worcester or Banbury

Yeah Milton Keynes, I reckon it's Southern, we sound like Southerners rather than Midlanders. Technically our region is East of England even though we're bang in the middle from an East/West perspective. 

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think that's what the NIP must be banking on, because there's fuck all else you can get Scousers & Mancs, Geordies & Mackems, people from Yorkshire & Lancashire, etc. to agree on.

Wrong.

Gravy, they all agree on gravy not like these stupid southern fucks.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Unless we Northerners can agree that a spherical (ish) bread thing, often used for sandwiches, is called a Breadcake and not some other nonsense then I see no future for any kind of collective power grab. 

333E83EB-F214-4028-B24A-927270E69BD1.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Unless we Northerners can agree that a spherical (ish) bread thing, often used for sandwiches, is called a Breadcake and not some other nonsense then I see no future for any kind of collective power grab. 

Breadcake????

Bread?  Cake?

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Can I have a chip bread cake please?

Can you fuck off? Ta. 

That would be a chip butty. If I was asking for something on the side to accompany my two fish, chips and large peas I would request a bread-cake. It’s possible the fish fryers assistant might ask if I want ‘long’ or ‘round’ but there’d be no confusion as to what was being asked for. Not in normal people shire anyway. 

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

That would be a chip butty. If I was asking for something on the side to accompany my two fish, chips and large peas I would request a bread-cake. It’s possible the fish fryers assistant might ask if I want ‘long’ or ‘round’ but there’d be no confusion as to what was being asked for. Not in normal people shire anyway. 

It’s been done to death on here. It’s a barm. A chip barm and with all due respect, you’ve been here a while now and we still haven’t seen conclusive proof that you don’t touch children inappropriately. In fact, this bread cake debacle points towards you being a raging paedo even more than the poem blog did. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s been done to death on here. It’s a barm. A chip barm and with all due respect, you’ve been here a while now and we still haven’t seen conclusive proof that you don’t touch children inappropriately. In fact, this bread cake debacle points towards you being a raging paedo even more than the poem blog did. 

I could provide a photo of me not touching children. I’m sure I can dig one up from somewhere, might take a while. 

My poems are often food related but, as my biggest fan, you’ll know that. 

Anyway, it’s lunchtime. I won’t be having anything with the word barm in it. 

14 hours ago, Remmie said:

Yeah, I'm a southerner too, from London, and we're a varied bunch, much like our brothers up north. All of us, north and south, really need to move away from cheap outdated tropes and looking through the lens of crude geographical stereotypes if we're serious about moving on as a society.

6 hours ago, Remmie said:

Yeah Milton Keynes, I reckon it's Southern, we sound like Southerners rather than Midlanders. Technically our region is East of England even though we're bang in the middle from an East/West perspective. 

Yeah, Milton Keynes isn't southern, mate. Not even the Midlands  as far as I'm concerned. You're not one of us. Face it, you're a cloth-cap wearing, pigeon-breeding, 'trainee' wearing, nowt taken out northern monkeh living in a state of delusion.

12 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

You mean a barm cake? A bread roll or,if crusty,a cob.

• Upvote 2