You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Films You Love That Are Widely Classed As Shit

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, SasaS said:

Mad Dog and Glory (1993) is 6.2, i love that film. Another De Niro Falling in Love (1984) is 6.6 so not exactly shit bit I see now I have a bit embarrassingly rated it as 9. Switching to Pacino, Cruising (1980) is 6.5 and I remember thinking it was great and watching it two or three times. Pistonbroke and I were big fans of Blast From the Past (1999), but that is a solid 6.6 again.

Struggling here a bit. I thought Costner would help me, but even universally hated The Postman (1997; what is so bad here, really?) is a decent 6.1 for a shit film and Waterworld (1995), which I must have thoroughly enjoyed several times by now, is at an ecxellent 6.2.

Mad Dog rep. David Caruso is ace in it too. 

• Upvote 1

Good grief everyone likes shite in their own peculiar way, never  seen a blockbuster never seen Rocky never seen Star Wars but what I have seen is Pinters Birthday Party and that is it, outstanding, you won't see a better acting and dialogue than than that, each to their own and all that. 

Get  blitzed and give it a try 

11 hours ago, Red Banjo said:

I've never met anyone else who likes Vanilla Sky but I love it.

Penelope Cruz is incredible. Cameron Diaz is a mukky psycho. Tom Cruise is a likable bellend. A wonderful, wonderful piece of cinema.

I thought it was decent as well, but I'm willing to admit that my taste in films is terrible.

I mean, I like my taste just fine, but I like a LOT of movies that other people think are dreadful. For example, I quite enjoyed The Postman, which regularly makes people's lists of worst big-budget Hollywood movie ever.

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I thought it was decent as well, but I'm willing to admit that my taste in films is terrible.

I mean, I like my taste just fine, but I like a LOT of movies that other people think are dreadful. For example, I quite enjoyed The Postman, which regularly makes people's lists of worst big-budget Hollywood movie ever.

I thought Vanilla Sky and Minority Report,which seemed to be made quite close together,were both decent at the time. No idea how they've aged though.

On 02/11/2020 at 01:24, Bjornebye said:

The_Rock_(movie).jpg

Cheesy lines, Far Fetched, Nicholas Cage is awful in it but I fucking love it. 

You could argue the case for Cage's mid-90s triple whammy of The Rock, Con Air and Face/Off. All are completely ridiculous and full of Nic Cage overacting, but they're still hugely entertaining.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

You could argue the case for Cage's mid-90s triple whammy of The Rock, Con Air and Face/Off. All are completely ridiculous and full of Nic Cage overacting, but they're still hugely entertaining.

Absolutely. I couldn't take Con-Air seriously at all because of him. I watched it again recently and it was better. He can be brilliant (leaving Las Vegas) but he can completely derail some films. 

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Face/Off is one of them most ludicrous idea's ever imagined. On camera is probably more ridiculous than it was on paper. Yet if you look past all the holes - its great. I've loved it since I watched it 20 years ago and I'll still watch it today.

Awful but absolutely boss in equal measure.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely. I couldn't take Con-Air seriously at all because of him. I watched it again recently and it was better. He can be brilliant (leaving Las Vegas) but he can completely derail some films. 

Cage's whole career is marmite,some brilliant,some awful and not many in between. 

13 hours ago, Funkasy said:

Pacific rim

Can see its score is not so bad on imdb, but ive not met another person who likes it. 

You have now. The sequel wasn't as shit as people make out either. I also love all of the Godzilla movies, from the originals where it was a guy in a suit right up to the recent Legendary reboots.

This will be seen as blasphemy around here, but I thought Alien Resurrection was a decent watch. 

I have also recently enjoyed Doom, the one with The Rock in it.

18 hours ago, Red Banjo said:

I've never met anyone else who likes Vanilla Sky but I love it.

Penelope Cruz is incredible. Cameron Diaz is a mukky psycho. Tom Cruise is a likable bellend. A wonderful, wonderful piece of cinema.

I like Vanilla Sky, hope that helps

• Upvote 1