Quantcast
The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1. Peep Show vs Inbetweeners - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1. Peep Show vs Inbetweeners

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1.   

72 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1

Poll will close midday tomorrow. Tony is going to go fucking mad because these are too modern. 

Peep Show

source.gif

Inbetweeners

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Peep Show is good in doses. Inbetweeners is fucking superb. The films aren't as good as the series. 

To be fair I've seen far less Inbetweeners than I have Peep Show. I just can't imagine my decision being any different even if I'd seen an equal amount.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Peep Show is good in doses. Inbetweeners is fucking superb. The films aren't as good as the series. 

Other way round for me and spot on with the movies. 

• Upvote 1

The Inbetweeners is one of my favourites, have watched various episodes many times. I used to enjoy Peep Show but Olivia Colman really irritates me, so much so that I didn’t bother with the later series.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love both of them and was initially leaning towards Peep Show however I didn’t like Olivia Colman’s character and Dobby was fucking atrocious. So The Inbetweeners because I liked the supporting characters more. 

But then again Johnson and Super Hans...

No fuck it. The Inbetweeners by a nose. 

• Upvote 1

Who did the fucking seeding for this competition?

These two could have me in the later rounds. 

As Tony Harrison would say. “It’s an outrage!”  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I loved Inbetweeners, but they jumped the shark a bit in the third series, so Peep Show gets it.

Series 3 wasn’t as good as Series 1 and 2, but it still has some very good episodes, namely “Home Alone” and “The Fashion Show”. I like the final one, too.

This was much easier for me. Peep show by a mile. Not that I didn't like the Inbetweeners, maybe it's an age thing, but I found it a bit childish in a not good way. It was just like loads of other stuff that had been before it that might have amused me more when I was in my late teens. 

• Upvote 1

The strength of The Inbetweeners lies in it being far and away the most accurate portrayal of schooling in Britain ever seen on television, way more so than allegedly realistic shows like Grange Hill.

Briefcase Wanker literally happened to me, as my stupid mother thought it would be a good idea to send me to my new school with a satchel. Obviously everyone else had sports bags. The satchel lasted a fortnight before I upgraded to the regulation Head holdall, but I was Satchel Man for the next six months at least.

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The strength of The Inbetweeners lies in it being far and away the most accurate portrayal of schooling in Britain ever seen on television, way more so than allegedly realistic shows like Grange Hill.

Briefcase Wanker literally happened to me, as my stupid mother thought it would be a good idea to send me to my new school with a satchel. Obviously everyone else had sports bags. The satchel lasted a fortnight before I upgraded to the regulation Head holdall, but I was Satchel Man for the next six months at least.

1st paragraph is absolutely spot on. So many relatable scenes. 

Briefecase wanker. 

49 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Who did the fucking seeding for this competition?

These two could have me in the later rounds. 

As Tony Harrison would say. “It’s an outrage!”  

Exactly First round also threw up Blackadder and only fools and horses. Scandalous there will be some bang average ties farther down the draw at this rate.