Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 995 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Champ said:

If you’re booked already, I’d say go to Saltcoats. It sounds like you could all do with a change of scene.

We’ve an extended family trip to the Lake District towards booked for next week. We’re hanging on for what he’s got in store for us this afternoon. I’m worrying for what’s to come for my folks 

We're still planning on going, the problem may be actually being able to leave the Liverpool City region from this Wednesday. If there is only advice not to travel and the holiday camp is ok with us going, we'll go (I know that sounds really selfish). If they actually ban us from travelling or the holiday camp advises us not to go, we'll cancel. We can rebook for another time (I asked a few weeks back in case the shit hit the fan) if we can't go, so all is not lost.

I hope you get to go to the Lakes. As I've said before, I know our problems are small beer compared to others, but it is what it is!

18 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Unbelievable 

I think the Northern Research Group is doing as much research as the ERG. Probably amounts to wanking over some northern lady whilst calling her mummy. 

image.pngThis is why it is disingenuous to compare it to March. Look at the uptick in March. People were going to Cheltenham and football matches, all pubs were open under no restrictions whatsoever. They reckon there were 100,000 cases per day at the peak. 

1 hour ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I think it's a mistake to attribute scientific basis to what are essentially political decisions. For instance, "the science" was that masks weren't effective, until such a time that masks were needed to be effective, at which point "the science" conveniently reversed its stance. Of course, if you go directly to the actual scientific papers, they're still inconclusive about the benefits.

I want evidence-based policy, but we're running the risk of eroding public faith in science, especially with the endless predictions of doom that never materialise. People may know someone who died from covid, but they'll also know ten people who lost a job or were trapped indoors for six months or couldn't comfort a loved one at a funeral or had an operation postponed indefinitely. Of course, all the rhetoric about "saving lives", but at what cost? At what point does shutting society down and sending businesses into bankruptcy and telling young people to put their lives on hold for years become a price those bearing the brunt of those decisions aren't willing to pay?

I think the problem is the Government have let the scientists call a lot of the policy shots without Parliamentary scrutiny. That has eroded faith in the whole process and is unconstitutional. This is what the Speaker was complaining about last week.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

image.pngThis is why it is disingenuous to compare it to March. Look at the uptick in March. People were going to Cheltenham and football matches, all pubs were open under no restrictions whatsoever. They reckon there were 100,000 cases per day at the peak. 

What are you trying to achieve here? Seriously what the fuck are you getting at? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What are you trying to achieve here? Seriously what the fuck are you getting at? 

Just offering some perspective. If you don't like what I say, just block me. 

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Just offering some perspective. If you don't like what I say, just block me. 

Its shitty point scoring again to try and garner support for your point of view. Its fucking pathetic 

And no I wont block you. Blocking people is for cunts 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Its shitty point scoring again to try and garner support for your point of view. Its fucking pathetic 

And no I wont block you. Blocking people is for cunts 

What are you on about? There is no 'point scoring' going on, whatever your definition of that is. I've posted some factual information and you don't like it. Just ignore it.

I'm not even sure you know why you're getting angry now. It seems like you just don't like people posting things you don't find personally palatable.

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

What are you on about? There is no 'point scoring' going on, whatever your definition of that is. I've posted some factual information and you don't like it. Just ignore it.

I'm not even sure you know why you're getting angry now. It seems like you just don't like people posting things you don't find personally palatable.

People can post what they like its just you pontificating is fucking nauseous. I'm bored stuck in-doors , feeling poorly and I've got a short fuse. I'm probably being a cunt but guess what, no amount of anyone being a cunt will ever top you on this thread. 

Seriously though, what benefit was you posting that graph and your following comments on it if it wasn't scoring points? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Seriously though, what benefit was you posting that graph and your following comments on it if it wasn't scoring points? 

So you can't have a conversation and support that with information now without point scoring?

I think you need to turn your device off and read a book or watch a film or something. Peanut Butter Falcon on Netflix is good.

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I see Wetherspoons is going to be allowed to stay open as it serves (don’t laugh) food

Or could it be another reason ?

EkIbxU-XkAA_13B?format=jpg&name=large

So does this mean all pubs that serve food can stay open? Which is basically all chain pubs? 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So does this mean all pubs that serve food can stay open? Which is basically all chain pubs? 

Every pub will just claim to serve food now. Tinned hot dogs all around. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Only those that serve a ‘substantial’ food menu. Haven’t seen any definition for substantial yet.

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

So Nottingham, with the highest rate in the country, not put into Tier 3?  Anyone seen any explanation for it?

They were saying on the news its hospital numbers.

Fucking hell, one of you two fuckers needs to put the other on ignore. Having to scroll your endless fucking bickering is as tedious as fuck!!

I don't have any issues with either of you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's getting tough to pick out informative posts when it's mostly two bald men fighting over a comb

Seriously, call it quits. Please, you cunts. 

• Upvote 3

Liverpool 599 cases per 100,000.

Nottingham 830 cases per 100,000.

Presumably they’re scared of Robin Hood.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

Fucking hell, one of you two fuckers needs to put the other on ignore. Having to scroll your endless fucking bickering is  fucking well tedious as fuck!!

I don't have any issues with either of you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's getting tough to pick out informative posts when it's mostly two bald men fighting over a comb

Seriously, call it quits. Please, you cunts. 

Shut up you girl 

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

So you can't have a conversation and support that with information now without point scoring?

I think you need to turn your device off and read a book or watch a film or something. Peanut Butter Falcon on Netflix is good.

So you cant answer my question? Right. Tosser 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

People can post what they like its just you pontificating is fucking nauseous. I'm bored stuck in-doors , feeling poorly and I've got a short fuse. I'm probably being a cunt but guess what, no amount of anyone being a cunt will ever top you on this thread. 

I don't live near you but I did I'd gladly pop around and tug you off to cheer you up.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

I don't live near you but I did I'd gladly pop around and tug you off to cheer you up.  

Zoom? 

• Upvote 1