Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 819 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

20 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

TK would be proud.

To be fair the British are pretty obedient when it comes to being told what to do, by and large and you don't get many dissenting voices from opposition politicians or media outlets. The problem is the government hasn't told them the right things at the right time.

In the States, even if Trump hadn't been in office I reckon it still would have been grim, as politicians, YouTube types and the likes have spent the last 40 years telling people the federal government is run by beelzebub.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We were strict on the whole during the lockdown but I’ve booked two nights In London from the 19th to take my two girls to do some touristy shit. Would have went the week just gone but there was fuck all open. Kids need to blow off some steam. They are bored shitless of going for walks and there’s only so much they can do at home. Might as well do something they’ll remember before we end up clapping on the doorstep every Thursday again in a couple of months.  

I get that mate, but I'm on about those who jet off for a few weeks. You're travelling within a country where it is easier to plan and gleam information about the area you are visiting. Plus no self quarantine restrictions after you've had your mini break or eventual problems arising from health insurance should you need to see a doctor. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I get that mate, but I'm on about those who jet off for a few weeks. You're travelling within a country where it is easier to plan and gleam information about the area you are visiting. Plus no self quarantine restrictions after you've had your mini break or eventual problems arising from health insurance should you need to see a doctor. 

Stop trying to sugarcoat it - he's a disgrace. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, The Golden Eel said:

Stop trying to sugarcoat it - he's a disgrace. 

Hahaha, but I wasn't trying to, for the reasons I have given. I'd rather stay at home myself like. A lot probably depends on the area you live in and what you can actually do with young kids. 

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair the British are pretty obedient when it comes to being told what to do, by and large and you don't get many dissenting voices from opposition politicians or media outlets. The problem is the government hasn't told them the right things at the right time.

In the States, even if Trump hadn't been in office I reckon it still would have been grim, as politicians, YouTube types and the likes have spent the last 40 years telling people the federal government is run by beelzebub.

Yeah I agree mate. It's the same over here in Ireland. People by and large have put in a huge effort over the last few months. 

• Upvote 1

It really is a balancing act between economy and safety. It is simple to say of course safety first always but people need to earn money. Essential business, supply lines everything the world cant stop. Its shitty as fuck, every possible safety measure should be taken, fuck off vouchers spend it on testing, track and trace. You can't have long term lockdowns or random ones I know people who have spent a fortune, accrued debt to re open their business and they could face another lockdown. Im not being a sociopath, saying fuck it let it do its thing but surely there's smarter ways than this random cluster fuck by the government.

Sad thing is is this is a real opportunity to change things for the better for people, to actually implement big changes be innovative but we know for an absolute fact that after this it will be the very wealthy making a fortune and the worst off paying the price, the same as it ever was. The mobsters in charge aren't going to change anything when the game is rigged to benefit themselves.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It really is a balancing act between economy and safety. It is simple to say of course safety first always but people need to earn money. Essential business, supply lines everything the world cant stop. Its shitty as fuck, every possible safety measure should be taken, fuck off vouchers spend it on testing, track and trace. You can't have long term lockdowns or random ones I know people who have spent a fortune, accrued debt to re open their business and they could face another lockdown. Im not being a sociopath, saying fuck it let it do its thing but surely there's smarter ways than this random cluster fuck by the government.

Sad thing is is this is a real opportunity to change things for the better for people, to actually implement big changes be innovative but we know for an absolute fact that after this it will be the very wealthy making a fortune and the worst off paying the price, the same as it ever was. The mobsters in charge aren't going to change anything when the game is rigged to benefit themselves.

Spot on.

Talk is cheap but the average joe doesn't have to make these decisions. If only it was as easy as going on Twitter and proclaiming that if everyone stayed away from Bournemouth and waited for a cure then all would be well.

Some people on Granada reports yesterday saying stuff like "oh people can go to the pub but I can't see my nan, they don't know what they're doing!"

Well no, nobody knows what they're doing, that's cos it's a global pandemic involving a new - one might even say novel - virus that behaves in ways nobody has ever seen before. They probably wouldn't know what they were doing if an asteroid hit or there was a nuclear war either, if you do though feel free to take the reins.

Let's ban pubs until you're allowed to see your nan again, put the 50 odd staff on the dole, rinse and repeat until there's no PPE for nurses because there's no actual fucking economy.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Have a look at what the NZ PM has said, they are trying to reset their economy. Training, grants and exports.  

Found it. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Have a look at what the NZ PM has said, they are trying to reset their economy. Training, grants and exports.  

Are you turning into a communist? I have to say I'm encouraged.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I really admire that lady

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Are you turning into a communist? I have to say I'm encouraged.

I think my name is on the gulag list tbh. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

She's boss, second only to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in my female politicians Top Trumps (I don't mean that in the rude sense, although I can see why it could be construed that way.)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

She’s very likeable, despite having a very tenuous grasp of vowel sounds and seems to speak in sentences rather than sound bites. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It really is a balancing act between economy and safety. It is simple to say of course safety first always but people need to earn money. Essential business, supply lines everything the world cant stop.

The irony being that an effective early lockdown would have both saved lives and protected the economy.

That horrible, corrupt sack of shit was too busy wanking on about being a Superman for Capitalism to take the actions that the economy needed.

• Upvote 5

Sunak's £10 off at Pizza express kicks in today. So, definitely don't go visit your family, but absolutely do go to a restaurant and share an enclosed space with far more people.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Sunak's £10 off at Pizza express kicks in today. So, definitely don't go visit your family, but absolutely do go to a restaurant and share an enclosed space with far more people a bunch of other scruffs.