You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Isn't it amazing how the media are so interested in anti-covid measure protests now that they're in China? Live updates from Sky, BBC, top of the page with multiple articles at the Guardian.

Didn't give much of a fuck when regular protests were going on in Europe, US, Canada, Australia did they? Absolute bastards.

It was front page news in Canada throughout.

And we're now in the process of holding a public inquiry into the government response to it. Which in turn has been front page news throughout.

Maybe some of those great freedom fighters who follow racists like Pat King should head over to China to join the protests. They can find out what it actually means to live in a dictatorship.

Hint: it won't be front page news, and there will be no public inquiry into anything the government does at the end.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

It was front page news in Canada throughout.

And we're now in the process of holding a public inquiry into the government response to it. Which in turn has been front page news throughout.

Maybe some of those great freedom fighters who follow racists like Pat King should head over to China to join the protests. They can find out what it actually means to live in a dictatorship.

Hint: it won't be front page news, and there will be no public inquiry into anything the government does at the end.

I think it was always going to be hard to avoid in Canada. They didn't cover it so well over here though and the protest was a bit bigger than Pat King and his racism. Like I said, when we have protests it's far-right (with Pat King being a poster boy in Canada's case, or someone with a Nazi flag, so that the government can deflect from their shitty policies) it happens somewhere like China and there's no left/right dividing that I can see so far. Hopefully the public enquiry goes well too because Trudeau and others acted like complete muppets throughout a lot of it.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think it was always going to be hard to avoid in Canada. They didn't cover it so well over here though and the protest was a bit bigger than Pat King and his racism. Like I said, when we have protests it's far-right (with Pat King being a poster boy in Canada's case, or someone with a Nazi flag, so that the government can deflect from their shitty policies) it happens somewhere like China and there's no left/right dividing that I can see so far. Hopefully the public enquiry goes well too because Trudeau and others acted like complete muppets throughout a lot of it.

What have you got to say about the zero coverage of the Enough is Enough protest in London a few weeks back? That wasn't right wing. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What have you got to say about the zero coverage of the Enough is Enough protest in London a few weeks back? That wasn't right wing. 

It's the media doing the usual isn't it? The only point I was getting at was that they're more likely to focus on protests in China and not go into the left/right angle with protesters as much or at all in many cases like they did over here.

It's insane that China is still like it is with covid though and I fully support protesters in getting as many of the measures removed as possible. It's not protesters I have an issue with.

27 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's the media doing the usual isn't it? The only point I was getting at was that they're more likely to focus on protests in China and not go into the left/right angle with protesters

Well, there really isn't much of an angle there pal. It's fucking China.

Amazing to me that there are two actual revolutions going on in real time and you are thinking about Canada. It's weird.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Amazing to me that there are two actual revolutions going on in real time and you are thinking about Canada. It's weird.

I was only wondering if Lord Trudeau had managed to locate this lot :

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why?

I'm messing around, more posting an example of how much of a clown he was during the trucker protests. I'm gonna try and get out of here because it's dragging out. And the forum errors aren't making it any easier to post/check back at replies.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Trudeau's an alt-right bogeyman. Him and Jacinda Arden are what's really wrong with this planet, to listen to them, which Red Phoenix does.

11 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Trudeau's an alt-right bogeyman. Him and Jacinda Arden are what's really wrong with this planet, to listen to them, which Red Phoenix does.

Arden has been great but Trudeau is an absolute cunt, don't mask over that (no pun intended), and a racist too. As much as we don't like it,  even the alt-right have the right to protest without having their bank accounts frozen. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Arden has been great but Trudeau is an absolute cunt, don't mask over that (no pun intended), and a racist too. As much as we don't like it,  even the alt-right have the right to protest without having their bank accounts frozen. 

I'm no fan of his but there's much bigger cunts than Trudeau going around that are treated like fucking gods by the alt-right. And what makes him a racist? 

Canada is a hell hole, for some.

A thriving democracy, culturally inclusive, two official languages, strong constitutional protections for speech, religion, assembly etc, relatively easy access to health-care, education and economic opportunity.

For all.

We're even attempting to undo the worst wrongs we've done in the past.

And that makes some people--a very small minority--angry. 

It wasn't about vaccine mandates and covid restrictions, it was and is really about their fear of losing their (cushy) place in the world to someone with a different language, or skin colour, or religion, etc.

That's why I mentioned Pat King. He was one of the main leaders of the protesters, and he is a hate-filled cunt. 

5 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

A thriving democracy, culturally inclusive, two official languages, strong constitutional protections for speech, religion, assembly etc, relatively easy access to health-care, education and economic opportunity.

For all.

It wasn't about vaccine mandates and covid restrictions, it was and is really about their fear of losing their (cushy) place in the world to someone with a different language, or skin colour, or religion, etc.

That's why I mentioned Pat King. He was one of the main leaders of the protesters, and he is a hate-filled cunt. 

Cunts like him need firing into the sea 

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He's here! | ClutchFans

Yeah yeah, I know.

Trudeau's not hated by them cunts because of his stance on the protests. Or because he did a blackface more than 20 years ago at a party (why the fuck would those cunts hate someone who they think is racist?). He's hated because he's a liberal. And they hate liberals.

44 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

For all.

Nothing says thriving democracy like vaccine mandates, emergencies acts, freezing bank accounts, refusing to speak with protesters, police brutality. People from all over the world could see that happening (mainly thanks to social media.) I don't think that was all Pat King's fault no matter how much of a racist shit he is.

Anyway I'm sure there's no changing your mind that it was all the fault of racists so I don't think there's any point arguing. You can bet there's people in China right now too scapegoating protesters with whatever they can instead of focusing on doing something about their stupid covid measures. Maybe they'll even find their own Pat King and it'll all be his fault as well.

2 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

For all.

Pat King needs to be fucked off to Siberia.

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Yeah yeah, I know.

Trudeau's not hated by them cunts because of his stance on the protests. Or because he did a blackface more than 20 years ago at a party (why the fuck would those cunts hate someone who they think is racist?). He's hated because he's a liberal. And they hate liberals.

He didn't just blackface once. He has been known to have done it multiple times. Not every one has been captured however so we need to go on the evidence that's available. Once is a bad judgement, multiple times..... well... 

Oh sorry, he's seen as beacon of light amongst "The Left". Forgot he can't be questioned. Let's all genuflect the Blackface. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-votes-2019-trudeau-blackface-brownface-cbc-explains-1.5290664