You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Gomez

Oh Buoy

3 hours ago, Tourt said:

Last Saturday’s Times newspaper printed the answers to various questions from a prominent supporter of each Premiership club.

One of the questions was: Which of your teams players needs to improve?

The LFC representative answered, Joe Gomez.

The name of this disgrace to the cause was none other than Dave Usher.

Feel free to neg away next time next time he posts.

Shocking journalism at its worst.

Were all of our prominent supporters otherwise engaged?

3 hours ago, Tourt said:

Last Saturday’s Times newspaper printed the answers to various questions from a prominent supporter of each Premiership club.

One of the questions was: Which of your teams players needs to improve?

The LFC representative answered, Joe Gomez.

The name of this disgrace to the cause was none other than Dave Usher.

Feel free to neg away next time next time he posts.

Shocking journalism at its worst.

All grasses now are we? 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Hardly surprising the defence has returned to form when someone suitable has come back in for "playing well" Lovren. 

What an absolute nonsensical post. We’re lucky to have a fourth choice centre back as good as he is. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

What an absolute nonsensical post. We’re lucky to have a fourth choice centre back as good as he is. 

I don’t think Klopp has a clear 1st choice alongside Van Dijk IMO. It’s always the case if you play well you keep your spot. 

Hard to believe that one particular prick on here only a matter of weeks ago spouted "oh dear, Joe Gomez isn't very good at football".  See how many can correctly identify the fuckstick who came out with that shite.

Gomez is a fantastic talent.  He's been unlucky with injuries and he's had shit going on in his background of late, but he's been patient and worked his way back to where he was previously.  He's going to take some shifting now, and he's going to get better playing alongside the big man. 

Is there a quicker centre back pairing anywhere in the world ?  I don't think so.  That pace is a get out of jail card when play a high defensive line or push your fullbacks right up regularly.

15 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Hard to believe that one particular prick on here only a matter of weeks ago spouted "oh dear, Joe Gomez isn't very good at football".  See how many can correctly identify the fuckstick who came out with that shite.

Gomez is a fantastic talent.  He's been unlucky with injuries and he's had shit going on in his background of late, but he's been patient and worked his way back to where he was previously.  He's going to take some shifting now, and he's going to get better playing alongside the big man. 

Is there a quicker centre back pairing anywhere in the world ?  I don't think so.  That pace is a get out of jail card when play a high defensive line or push your fullbacks right up regularly.

Name and shame.

15 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Not very hard to believe if you’ve read the Keita thread.

I believe many underestimate the importance of staying fit over a long spell at playing games regularly. Most players arent able to perform anywhere near their full potential without those factors. Matip, Gomez, Keita, Ox and Lallana all good examples of that. Origi may to some degree be an exception, at least when it comes to goalscoring form. Still we dont know how he’d perform if he was a regular starter over a period of time.

23 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Still only 22. Injuries aside, he was always going to hit a few speed bumps in terms of form as he developed. 

He’s looked superb again over the last few weeks. Imagine what he’d cost now. 

He'd cost at least £4.5m. Some teams might even pay £5m. We would need Bournemouth to come in and we could even double that.

16 hours ago, scudger99 said:

what has been going on in his background by the way?

But i agree 100% with your post. i said it last week either here on YNWA. People forget how bloody good he was last year for us until he got the unfortunate injury. We barely conceded a goal before Christmas, and that was with Gomez in the team, his pace is so bloody important for us. 

6 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

what has been going on in his background by the way?

But i agree 100% with your post. i said it last week either here on YNWA. People forget how bloody good he was last year for us until he got the unfortunate injury. We barely conceded a goal before Christmas, and that was with Gomez in the team, his pace is so bloody important for us. 

It wasn't elaborated on, but it was someone who knows his family.  Klopp and the club were 100% behind Joe all the way and it was deliberately kept out of the limelight.  It was only mentioned around the time of the Sterling incident as it was more shit that Joe just didn't need on his plate at the time.

So now I have a special little place in my heart for Sterling.......the utterly despicable whining attention seeking cowardly cunt.

Matip pairs up really well with Van Dijk (who doesn't ?) but it's definitely noticable that when Joe gets back into his groove alongside the big Dutchman our defence suddenly stops conceding goals.  I have to scratch my head in bewilderment when some fuckwits on here slag the guy off.

22 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Hard to believe that one particular prick on here only a matter of weeks ago spouted "oh dear, Joe Gomez isn't very good at football".  See how many can correctly identify the fuckstick who came out with that 

Think you’re taking Dave U’s words out of context there mate. 

7 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Name and shame.

Guess.

Here's a clue, he's been banned numerous times for being a total cunt but keeps creeping back in.

Often to be found on match threads slagging players off if the opposition dare to cross our halfway line, or God forbid score.