You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best 70s Movies - Let's make it a top 3

Most of the movies I know of that are greats were made in the 80s but there must be loads of cracking films from the 70s too. So in response to setreal's idea for a 70s movie thread, here we are.

I'm also adding a twist : a 70s movie that you personally haven't seen that might be considered a crime and others can persuade you to watch (optional as some may not know the films they haven't seen) as I'm hoping to discover some crackers like I discovered Chinatown through this site.

the-25-greatest-movies-of-the-70s-42.jpg

the-25-greatest-movies-of-the-70s-34.jpg

the-25-greatest-movies-of-the-70s-29.jpg

Not seen :

the-25-greatest-movies-of-the-70s-44.jpg

Wow, probably the greatest decade for films...

1.One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

2. Life of Brian

3. Network

One to watch?

Five Easy Pieces

The Conversation is just brilliant. Gene Hackman is just so good in it, he upstages the actual plot - and it's one hell of a plot.

• Upvote 2

Chinatown

Cries and Whispers

Solyaris

One to watch: 

Wow, probably the greatest decade for films...

1.One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

2. Life of Brian

3. Network

One to watch?

Five Easy Pieces

The Conversation is just brilliant. Gene Hackman is just so good in it, he upstages the actual plot - and it's one hell of a plot.

The Conversation

The Devils

The Friends Of Eddie Coyle

Not seen any of these, as I thought I hardly know anything about 70s movies other than the famous ones. Will put this right. And not even heard of Five Easy Pieces but with Jack Nicholson in this HAS to be good, right?

Jaws

Rocky

Dog Day Afternoon

This narrowly missed the cut. It's up there with all the other greats mentioned here. Hell, the man sold his dog to help pay for the production (and cast the dog in the film).This is why I will always forgive Sly Stallone some of the absolute shit he's been in since.