You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

1 minute ago, Dicko said:

And when refs don't come down hard on other players for the same offence or worse (and they won't.)

Everyone can see what a hypocritical, incompetent shower of fucking shit they are.

There should be bans right left and centre for what VVD has been done for.

These are two issues , one is refs not being consistent, which I am 100% with you and secondly how a player reacts to a decision on the pitch . I think the call against Virg was harsh but having been red carded it was never going to be overuled and he should have kept a lid on it. Yes you can point to other offences that were either missed or not deemed as severe but it still doesn’t make Virg innocent. The answer as always to have better , more accountable officials and 

Lets just say he’s been made an example of. Thats fine though, of course.  i’m sure theres been a lot worse than that recently, players and managers are routinely swearing at officials. Im not saying its right but if they want zero dissent and swearing,  they would be sending entire teams off at nearly every game. 100 k fine is unheard of.

Haha, remember when Ashley Cole abused the referee at spurs and the outcry was deafening. We played the mancs away in the next game and mascherano got sent off, the only cunt to fall under their new zero tolerance policy that season. Virgil should've known but they've fucked us, and made up for us making them look incompetent after the macallister red was rescinded.

Cunts

11 minutes ago, Biscao said:

The red card was a decent investment but yelling at refs when playing for Liverpool is beyond stupid.

What he said was mild, in fairness, and his demeanour was hardly threatening. It also came in a game when Newcastle players had licence to pretty much do as they pleased, particularly Joelinton. 

We've always been the low hanging fruit when it comes to any kind of blame game. Like the shit Suarez got for diving, like he personally invented it, and we somehow managed to shoulder most of the blame for the European superleague debacle thanks to Gary Neville declaring us the "people's club". 

• Upvote 2

We could I'm sure assemble a video case of similar incidents unpunished. I was expecting him to be punished harsher tbh as an example so maybe one to just take on the chin. Good chance for Joe Gomez to continue his form and put some pressure on virg to perform to the level he's still very capable of.

• Upvote 1