You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) League Cup semi final 2nd Leg - no shit puns edition

Players/teams don't have worldies against us and then "roll over" for our opponents. We're just shitter than them and don't take our chances.

Was looking last night as Sunderlands results since they drew with us...

3 losses and a draw - the draw was against Burnley at home in the cup.

Bournemouths results since they beat us...

2 wins in 9 games

• Upvote 1

Was looking last night as Sunderlands results since they drew with us...

3 losses and a draw - the draw was against Burnley at home in the cup.

Bournemouths results since they beat us...

2 wins in 9 games

Gut wrenching that it is, all it proves is teams treat us as their cup final and dont give a fuck when they play each other or lesser teams.

Gut wrenching that it is, all it proves is teams treat us as their cup final and dont give a fuck when they play each other or lesser teams.

No all it proves is that we're a team that's chock full of spineless fannies. Anyone who's played Sunday league footy has come up against similar, teams that think they're hot shit until you get stuck into them, then they wilt like a bouqet of flaccid penises. Teams give Chelsea, the Arse*, Tottenham etc similar treatment, they just handle it better. This whole “woe is me” shtick we pull after we get turned over is getting real old now, there isn't some grand conspiracy by shitty teams to up their game against us, they’re just well aware that they stand a chance against us if they put a shift in, has been the case for years now.

*Yeah, Arsenal now have more cojones than us, Sanchez himself has got more bottle than half our team put together. Absolutely sickening.

• Upvote 2

Jimmy, no teams treat a meeting with Liverpool as their cup final. OK, perhaps Everton do, but this idea that teams only really really try when they play us and don't put the effort in against other teams is moronic.  Teams have a go at us because they know our midfield and defence is a bit shit, and if they get a shot on target, they're likely to score.  

• Upvote 4

Jimmy, no teams treat a meeting with Liverpool as their cup final. OK, perhaps Everton do, but this idea that teams only really really try when they play us and don't put the effort in against other teams is moronic.  Teams have a go at us because they know our midfield and defence is a bit shit, and if they get a shot on target, they're likely to score.  

Oh dear you dont get it do you? Im ever so sorry, I forgot one has to be 100% specific with some people on here so, most of the time Im talking from a purely liverpool perspective.

Let me clarify for you. teams like burnley, bournemouth etc treat games against Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea (maybe Spurs as well) as their cup final especially on their own patch.

Most of them will also put far less effort in to away games against each other except when they get to the sharp end of the season.

That's not to say they switch off every other game of the season. It also doesnt mean we should think we can rock up at some of these games just to claim 3 points.

Any team and every team will try and exploit their oppos weakness. That goes for us and not just burnley, bournemouth etc.

I love this place.

Goes to shows what a decent performance and result can do for a club , if we had beaten Swansea say 2-0 with a good display I think we'd all be buzzing for this, as it happens after Saturday I haven't got high hopes of this.

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet which would mean we would have to score 3, and are we likely to make that many chances in the game the way our build up play is so lethargic at the minute.

• Upvote 1

Oh dear you dont get it do you? Im ever so sorry, I forgot one has to be 100% specific with some people on here so, most of the time Im talking from a purely liverpool perspective.

Let me clarify for you. teams like burnley, bournemouth etc treat games against Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea (maybe Spurs as well) as their cup final especially on their own patch.

Most of them will also put far less effort in to away games against each other except when they get to the sharp end of the season.

Thanks for the clarification.  I still think it's nonsense.   

• Upvote 2