You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

Surely Red Ron won’t be at Barca by next season. Why go to that shit heap right now? I can see him fancying Italy where he walks in to any midfield bar maybe Juve but I don’t know why he’d leave us for Barca given the current set of circumstances.

He’s one of my favourite players. Never less than 7/10, super underrated and seems like a top fella. 

4 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

Could have got money for Can, Lalana, Moreno, Wijnaldum, etc with little difficultly but chose not to.  I can't believe it's because Edwards is incompetent.  We could still get 10M+ for Wijnaldum selling him now but won't.

With Wiji it is out of respect for him as a player/person. He will get 10 mil himself as a signing fee (the other 15 mil will end up in agents pockets.)

Can wanted out, he thought he was going to be a global superstar. 

No one in the league wanted to pay for Lallana. Moreno - meh. Maybe at a push could have got 10 mil for that pair combined - maybe.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

With Wiji it is out of respect for him as a player/person. He will get 10 mil himself as a signing fee (the other 15 mil will end up in agents pockets.)

Can wanted out, he thought he was going to be a global superstar. 

No one in the league wanted to pay for Lallana. Moreno - meh. Maybe at a push could have got 10 mil for that pair combined - maybe.

IMO Edwards respects only pivot tables and statistical functions.

35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm on a real learning experience today. I don't know either the Brexit midfield term or indeed what the fuck anfield index is... Is that a Twitter thing? 

Think it's like a wool Anfield Wrap. Load of blerts talking about LFC. Is this place not enough? 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

He's claimed not on multiple occasions. 

Sorry Howie not buying the multi-million $ corp passing up millions out of respect.  I'm too cynical for that schmaltz.

Well I am not sure what you are saying then. 

It is a policy - I think is what you said earlier? Except - it goes against everything you have just said here. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Well I am not sure what you are saying then. 

It is a policy - I think is what you said earlier? Except - it goes against everything you have just said here. 

Not really.  Player accepts highly incentivized contract for smaller base.  Incentives include running contract down.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You can run down a contract that doesn't have any incentives. The two have nothing to do with one another.

I'm not following you.  I just think we let players run down their contract/forgo a transfer fee  so the player can get a bigger signing-fee.

6 minutes ago, Rotpeter said:

I'm not following you.  I just think we let players run down their contract/forgo a transfer fee  so the player can get a bigger signing-fee.

OK - so we are back to a policy that the multi million pound $ corp would not allow, Edwards is too smart for, Klopp has nothing to do with and has nothing to do with the club's respect for those players who can get a bigger signing on fee. 

I think one of those things must be involved tbh.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

To be honest there is absolutely no way I would be signing another contract in the last 12 months of my present contract unless there was a significant sweetener, as I would be giving up a large signing on fee.

Yea -- get yourself a big fuck off insurance policy in case of injury and then ride it out.

My guess is the club came in with a reasonable offer last year, certainly between 120 and 140 - thats what all of Milner, Ox and Keita are on so he should expect no less.

So that would be @ 60k more than he makes now. Over the course of a year it's 3 mil - he will make triple or more than that just in a signing fee and at 200k a week makes back the wage difference in 6 months time.

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

To be honest there is absolutely no way I would be signing another contract in the last 12 months of my present contract unless there was a significant sweetener, as I would be giving up a large signing on fee.

Isn't that what those elective one year extensions are for?  Like the one we triggered on Lovren's contract a week before selling him?

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I understand you line of reasoning but who you going to go to in the next 12 months that isnt a significant footballing step down? Real and Barcelona are basket cases on the field and both seem it off it. Bayern? Would they want him? Same with Juve and he'd be moving to a league that might be seen as a bit of a stroll so not a new challenge.

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I understand you line of reasoning but who you going to go to in the next 12 months that isnt a significant footballing step down? Real and Barcelona are basket cases on the field and both seem it off it. Bayern? Would they want him? Same with Juve and he'd be moving to a league that might be seen as a bit of a stroll so not a new challenge.

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus look like steps down, but they're really not. Those clubs are never far away from winning trophies. The reality is, Gini has a lot of different attractive options. Both financially, and in terms of putting more trophies in his cabinet.

54 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

The ball seems to be sewn onto his boot at times, magnificent footballer, handsome bastard and almost always available for selection, what more could you ask for? Just fucking hand him the keys to the yacht Henry you tightfisted twat.

This. For those still in doubt if we need him beyond next summer I suggest watching tonights game over again.