Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 6 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I know in morality it is not important but surely he could smarten up a bit. I would not go to B&M bargains for an interview looking like him. He is going to be a world leader. Smacks of lazy smelly bastard.

Quite like McConnell and when I have watched PMQs Corbyn has been fine - the EU felt like a bit of a no-show mind you.

Nice.

Lets build a proper squad.

Better be quick, we're gonna have to pull an Oskar Schindler to keep them away from these leave voters. Luckily Special Brew, pringles and Union Jack bunting is relatively cheap.

I think you're massively over estimating him.

They print what they want because it's easy and he doesn't have the fight in him to come back at them, they certainly aren't scared.

I'm over-estimating him by calling him a 1 out of 10 leftie?  Really?

I know in morality it is not important but surely he could smarten up a bit. I would not go to B&M bargains for an interview looking like him. He is going to be a world leader. Smacks of lazy smelly bastard.

Scruffy cunt.

pmqs-Jeremy-Corbyn_3581796b.jpg

He's been the disaster I expected him to be, I've always rubbished his chances of ever winning a GE but I think that's moot now because I don't think he'll be around to fight one, the big problem is who succeeds him, the thought of a Johnson or Gove led Tory Party with carte blanche to do as they choose terrifies me. It has to be stopped.

Quite like McConnell and when I have watched PMQs Corbyn has been fine - the EU felt like a bit of a no-show mind you.

The trouble with the Referendum is that even before the campaigns officially started the media decided they were going to cover the most important political event for a generation as if it were a a squabble between Etonian school chums; almost all other voices were effectively excluded.

The trouble with the Referendum is that even before the campaigns officially started the media decided they were going to cover the most important political event for a generation as if it were a a squabble between Etonian school chums; almost all other voices were effectively excluded.

But he did nothing to try to elevate himself above that.

I think you're massively over estimating him.

They print what they want because it's easy and he doesn't have the fight in him to come back at them, they certainly aren't scared.

Given that what he says is irrelevant to what they write, just like with the previous leader, and the next, why do you think the copy gets any harder if he goes?

They are scared of what he stands for. They were scared of what Milliband stood for. They are always scared of the game being up.

So, you elected him and you expect him to shake up the world within 9 months?

And you accuse him of political immaturity?

Yes I do, but if you could finish reading a post/use inference, you'd see I was more critical of myself than I was of him - and on the same grounds.

Someone with Paul Mason's ideas, passion and communication skills would crucify the sorry shit the Tories offer up right now.

They need people that are willing to accept that the economy has left some people behind, not talk down to them and fight passionately to convince people with the very common sense stuff needed to fix it. Blairism cannot win back these people. It's a lost cause and a futile effort.

Someone with Paul Mason's ideas, passion and communication skills would crucify the sorry shit the Tories offer up right now.

They need people that are willing to accept that the economy has left some people behind, not talk down to them and fight passionately to convince people with the very common sense stuff needed to fix it. Blairism cannot win back these people. It's a lost cause and a futile effort.

I think that works perfectly for you and me, but it takes no account of the electorate. We have an apathetic mass who aren't arsed to even register, never mind vote, a highly motivated, conservative older generation who vote pocket first and a load of other mugs in thrall to Murdoch and The Mail.

I agree that great leadership of the type you cite is the way forward. However, it's a long term slog to turn this electoral ship even if the right person exists to steer it.

• Upvote 3

I'm honestly annoyed and feel let down by his leadership regarding the EU. His inability, or possibly reluctance, to fight for the Remain campaign was atrocious. At a time where people needed convincing to come out and vote, he was lacking.

A principled and likeable man who shares my ideology, but he's not a leader.

I think that works perfectly for you and me, but it takes no account of the electorate. We have an apathetic mass who aren't arsed to even register, never mind vote, a highly motivated, conservative older generation who vote pocket first and a load of other mugs in thrall to Murdoch and The Mail.

I agree that great leadership of the type you cite is the way forward. However, it's a long term slog to turn this electoral ship even if the right person exists to steer it.

Spot on. Social engineering compounded by reality TV. RoboCop has actually become real.

I'd buy that for 74p