You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am suggesting this started with Gerrard contacting Henderson directly.

How do you think it happened?

It is impossible to believe Gerrard was not directly involved from the off and knew exactly what the parameters were.

Hillal thought he would be available for no fee - why?

Of course Gerrard contacted Henderson, of that there is no doubt.

But if Gerrard thought we will let him walk away for free, he is an even bigger idiot.

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Would you let the deal fail for an additional 10 mil in transfer fee?

Me? I am personally done with him, not because he wants to go to Saudi, he can go to the moon for all I care but as just an ordinary fan, he wants to leave if reports are true and I would like the club to get as much as possible for him. If it's just £10m we get, so be it. Atleast he won't be another one leaving for free in 2 years after taking £15m in wages during that period.

But the price we demand won't be based on what I think or what Gerrard thinks.

I am only worried about FSG giving Klopp money to replace him.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am suggesting this started with Gerrard contacting Henderson directly.

How do you think it happened?

It is impossible to believe Gerrard was not directly involved from the off and knew exactly what the parameters were.

Hillal thought he would be available for no fee - why?

I still don't know how you think this can get the deal over the line for us. I don't care if Gerrard has contact Henderson directly, that's football, we spent 2 years tapping up Jude Bellingham. And if Gerrard believes Henderson could be got out for free, maybe that's what Henderson told him. But it's still irrelevant. Because Gerrard is nothing to do with us. All we can do is set a fee. The rest is down to Henderson and the saudi club. We can't make Gerrard do anything, he doesn't work for us. Maybe he can influence stuff on the other side, but he works for them and should be working in their interests, not ours. Now he wants his man and he probably doesn't want to look a massive tit moving for player his club can't "afford", but we still can't influence that. All we can do is alter the fee we are willing to accept. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

alter the fee we are willing to accept. 

I read your other post and disagree, we are in a weak selling position here. Cannot keep the player at this point and there is no other interested party.

Ironically we have gone from being desperate to buy, to desperate to sell in this case.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I read your other post and disagree, we are in a weak selling position here. Cannot keep the player at this point and there is no other interested party.

Ironically we have gone from being desperate to buy, to desperate to sell in this case.

I think there's always another way out. As I posted on the transfer thread, we all managed to get on with Suarez and coutinho after going on strike. So there's always a way back. But the way to make this deal work imo, is we have to make it feel to Henderson like there's no way back. 

And our number we want might not be that high. I'm sure there was a number against Henderson's head before this all started and I'm sure it wouldn't have been that high. As it stands now, we're just trying to play hardball to get Mahrez type money because we think we can. The final number we will take will be lower than that I am sure. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think there's always another way out. As I posted on the transfer thread, we all managed to get on with Suarez and coutinho after going on strike. So there's always a way back. But the way to make this deal work imo, is we have to make it feel to Henderson like there's no way back. 

And our number we want might not be that high. I'm sure there was a number against Henderson's head before this all started and I'm sure it wouldn't have been that high. As it stands now, we're just trying to play hardball to get Mahrez type money because we think we can. The final number we will take will be lower than that I am sure. 

dWcYQY8qOaInK.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I have a funny feeling he might bottle out at the last minute. 

he has history in that regard, at least on the pitch.   

much as I don’t rate him as a player, there’s no way I’d have a go at him for accepting a bumper pay day wherever he goes.  I wouldn’t work there, or holiday there, because I think fundamentalist countries like Saudi and Israel are run by cunts and the majority of people in those countries are cunts.  But people have to do right by themselves.  These players are not saints. 

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

he has history in that regard, at least on the pitch.   

much as I don’t rate him as a player, there’s no way I’d have a go at him for accepting a bumper pay day wherever he goes.  I wouldn’t work there, or holiday there, because I think fundamentalist countries like Saudi and Israel are run by cunts and the majority of people in those countries are cunts.  But people have to do right by themselves.  These players are not saints. 

I don't think anyone can complain about him wanting the cash..and it's easy to say we wouldn't go when we're not going to be offered over 100m in 3 years with very little tax. 

But as captain I think it's a bit shit if he's agreeing personal terms when it's clear his prospective new employers seem to have little or no appetite to satisfy Liverpool's demands. He rightly fought hard when his hand was strong to get a big and long contract off us. But now he has to deal with the fact Liverpool control this situation and his new mates need to find the money to make the deal. He could have taken a shorter contract and walked away now. But he wanted the long deal. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I honestly can't keep up with a lot of this shit to be honest.

We're told to accept multiculturalism and tolerate people's beliefs, but when they clash with ours we're told to boycott them - or to be specific - we tell rich and successful people to boycott them.

How many ordinary folk from England work in Dubai? You can't move for shiny-suited warrington twats out there.

I don't know anyone who says that multiculturalism and tolerating other people's beliefs should extend to tolerating violent bigotry.

As for the shiny suited Warrington twats getting rich out there, their alternative is earning about £30-40 grand a year in the UK; not £140k a week. Also, they haven't cheerfully accepted awards for being high profile LGBT+ allies.

Everybody knows that the Saudi league is a sports-washing exercise for a murderous regime; everyone involved is a cunt.

What do LGBT groups want from Saudi though? For them to renounce their millenia old religion? It's not a golf club. 

It's just bonkers banter. 

How many people go on holiday to Turkey? 

LGBT+ people wanting countries to stop persecuting LGBT+ people. 

Whatever next?

• Upvote 1

I hate the phrase, but it always smacks to me of virtue signalling. 

I disagree with the death penalty yet I've holidayed in Nevada. 

I bet if a lot of people dug into their pensions schemes they're funding all manner of heinous shit.

"They don't like homosexuality in Muslim countries!"

That's because it's their religious beliefs, should we hate Muslims now?

No that's bigoted! 

So what next?

I don't know.

You holidayed in Nevada. You weren't paid so that the Governor of Nevada could bask in your reflected glory and stop people focusing on any violent , oppressive shit he does. Big difference.

You're right about pension schemes, like, which is why the cunt Tories don't want scheme members to be able to decide to divest from funding atrocities.

No decent person is suggesting we should hate Muslims (or Christians or Jews) just because a lot of fundamentalists are bigoted against LGBT+ people.

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

Probably badly worded on my part. What I was referring to is the support and campaigning for social and equal rights for those communities is a relatively new thing that has only been happening on a big scale in the last few years.

Q and T yea, the other folks have been around for decades.

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Probably badly worded on my part. What I was referring to is the support and campaigning for social and equal rights for those communities is a relatively new thing that has only been happening on a big scale in the last few years.

Campaigns for gay rights have been going on for decades.  Campaigns for trans rights have been more prominent in the last few years because (starting in the US) right-wing culture warriors started attacking trans people and spreading shit against them.

• dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)