You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Well, at least he's committed to our Club unlike his predecessor who wanted to leave for Mourinho's Chelsea for two summers in a row, even after we became European Champions.

If anyone is trying to pin our decline in self esteem to this lad who came to us as a promising 20 year old but has given his all in every game since and understands the values of our Club, then they are misguided.

The precious one who no one can out as a "treachous bastard", is largely to blame. We all dream of a team of Carraghers (and Hendersons)!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, at least he's committed to our Club unlike his predecessor who wanted to leave for Mourinho's Chelsea for two summers in a row, even after we became European Champions.

If anyone is trying to pin our decline in self esteem to this lad who came to us as a promising 20 year old but has given his all in every game since and understands the values of our Club, then they are misguided.

The precious one who no one can out as a "treachous bastard", is largely to blame. We all dream of a team of Carraghers (and Hendersons)!

I find that funny. A defence of Henderson that starts by casting doubt on Gerrard because he allegedly wanted to go somewhere else (and win leagues but who stayed) then talks about Henderson giving his "all" every game, whilst proposing that Henderson understands the values of the club??

Your thought processes and logic are alien to me.

• Upvote 1

Well, anyone with the Forum name of "Maschereno" clearly has little understanding of our Club - didn't he go on strike in the summer of 2010 to get his dream move?

But he's one of many "legends" who doesn't deserve the title - Keegan, Souness, Rush, McManaman, Owen, Gerrard, Torres, Suarez, Couthino.

Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the real legends - Liddell, Hunt, St John, Cally, Smith, Kenny, Hansen, Nicol, Carragher, Hyppia.

Henderson may well become this generation's Cally. He may not be the most talented Liverpool midfielder ever , and it's not helped by Klopp playing him out of position, but he only sees and wants to help Liverpool get back to the top of the pile ( unlike someone who wants to move to win something).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

What a load of bollocks.  Gerrard considered leaving so what, He spent most of his career surrounded by players not fit to lace his boots, Arguably the best player Liverpool have ever had and could have walked into any side in the world . The club let him down buying shite not vice versa

This might be highly controversial but I don't really dream of a team of Hendersons.

• Upvote 1

This might be highly controversial but I don't really dream of a team of Hendersons.

That song started in Tamsin Square as a put- down to Gerrard. And yes, let's have better and world class players around him, but it's right that we have someone who is true to the Club as Captain.

• Downvote 1

Well, anyone with the Forum name of "Maschereno" clearly has little understanding of our Club - didn't he go on strike in the summer of 2010 to get his dream move?

But he's one of many "legends" who doesn't deserve the title - Keegan, Souness, Rush, McManaman, Owen, Gerrard, Torres, Suarez, Couthino.

Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the real legends - Liddell, Hunt, St John, Cally, Smith, Kenny, Hansen, Nicol, Carragher, Hyppia.

Henderson may well become this generation's Cally. He may not be the most talented Liverpool midfielder ever , and it's not helped by Klopp playing him out of position, but he only sees and wants to help Liverpool get back to the top of the pile ( unlike someone who wants to move to win something).

I seriously hate the term, "out of position". tbh only a goalkeeper played as an outfield player in my mind can be played out of position.  The rest have only the same thing to do. Pass, Tackle Shoot, Run. it doesnt matter where you play on the field, they are the only things you have to do. does it matter where you are when you do them???? out of position my arse. play football and do any or all of those things, and it doesnt matter where you are, you will never be out of position.

What a load of fucking shite.

I seriously hate the term, "out of position". tbh only a goalkeeper played as an outfield player in my mind can be played out of position.  The rest have only the same thing to do. Pass, Tackle Shoot, Run. it doesnt matter where you play on the field, they are the only things you have to do. does it matter where you are when you do them???? out of position my arse. play football and do any or all of those things, and it doesnt matter where you are, you will never be out of position.

You are Rinus Michels and I claim my 5 quid.

Really?

Keegan, Rush, Souness and Gerrard would all be in my top 10 Liverpool players ever.

What is it about their contributions that you don't rate, if you mind my asking?

Joe Buck has a small point in that Henderson has always given his all and does seem to appreciate that being at a big club like ours is a privilege. The use of other players who were much better than Henderson to besmirch does nothing for this argument. If Henderson played with better players around him like the season we nearly won the league,with Gerrard,Suarez and a fit Sturridge,then perhaps he would be a lot more effective? We simply need more quality players and if Henderson can't perform then he's out,or most likely retired!

Really?

Keegan, Rush, Souness and Gerrard would all be in my top 10 Liverpool players ever.

What is it about their contributions that you don't rate, if you mind my asking?

I'm guessing the point being made is they all left (or tried to) at some point. A tad controversial I'd suggest given the service these guys gave to the club.

Don't get me wrong,I appreciate every thing all these players did for us, and good luck to them when they move on at the peak of their careers for more money/ greater glories, they're just not legends to me.

As for Hendo, Carlos Puyol was the Captain of the greatest Club side ever with 3 of the best players ever (Messi, Xavi,Iniesta ) because he was an embodiment of their values.I suggest Hendo is the best representation of ours.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)