You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

I like the idea of our corners with Benteke, Sakho and Skrtel in the box.

Team vs Stoke:

-------------Mig--------------

Clyne--Sakho----Skrtel--Gomez

Henderson----Can-----Milner

Ings-------Benteke-----Ibe

Subs: Coutinho, Firminho, Origi, Allen, Lovren, Rossiter, Bogdan

Just pace and strength all over the fucking shop.

• Downvote 1

We lost a 50% contribution to our goals scored when Suarez left and Benteke was responsible for 50% of goals scored for Villa ergo we'll be as good as we were when Suarez was here.

Not sure if that is true or relevant but I feel like if I say something that sounds like it could be true and give it a twist then people on the Internet will believe me.

We lost a 50% contribution to our goals scored when Suarez left and Benteke was responsible for 50% of goals scored for Villa ergo we'll be as good as we were when Suarez was here.

Not sure if that is true or relevant but I feel like if I say something that sounds like it could be true and give it a twist then people on the Internet will believe me.

Sounds like twitter might be for you. How about... last season Benteke only scored 2 goals before March and Liverpool only scored 2 goals before March, ergo we are fucked. How many characters is that?

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke is likely to be Liverpool's final signing of the summer, according to Sky sources.

Benteke’s medical is currently ongoing and "progressing well", according to Sky Sports News HQ reporter Kaveh Solhekol, who is out in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur with the Liverpool squad.

Benteke’s arrival had been expected to be confirmed by the Reds on Tuesday afternoon but it may now not be announced until Wednesday.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been busy in the transfer market this summer, bringing in James Milner, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, Nathanial Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Joe Gomez.

Belgium striker Benteke is expected to be the last piece in the jigsaw for Rodgers, who is splashing out £32.5m on a player former Villa boss Paul Lambert spent £5.5m on three years ago.

Liverpool are currently on a pre-season tour of Malaysia

Liverpool are currently on a pre-season tour of Malaysia

Solhekol said: "Benteke was his No 1 target. He has already signed six players this summer and there is a general feeling at the club that he will be the last.

"There are still stories linking Liverpool with a move for Marco Reus and Real Madrid’s Asier Illarramendi. But I’ve been told those reports are nonsense.

"As far as Liverpool are concerned, I’ve been told they are just working on tying up that Christian Benteke deal and then as far as Brendan Rodgers is concerned he has the players that he needs for next season."

Thank goodness for Sky sources.

Would have been a nightmare to have to review recent windows and FSG'S MO, to realise we won't be delving back in the market for anything more than a Lucas replacement, if he leaves for first-team football, and maybe, maybe a left-back, if there is "value" to be had.

Thanks Sky, perhaps your sources could also let slip what colour next season's home shirt will be.