You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

They were all one of the worst players on the pitch!

Singling anyone out of that shit fest is ridiculous. I should neg you for making me think about it!

I disagree. Moreno was the easily the worst. Firmino was very close to being the worst. The main reason we lost the game is that we couldn’t hold on to the ball in the second half. Bobby was the main culprit, and not only just by a little bit.

I disagree. Moreno was the easily the worst. Firmino was very close to being the worst. The main reason we lost the game is that we couldn’t hold on to the ball in the second half. Bobby was the main culprit, and not only just by a little bit.

Well, we disagree. I agree Firmino was not good, but “main culprit” is far too strong. Anyway, it was probably to be expected as he was played out of position as a 10. Now he’s in his best position as a striker full time, he’s a lot more consistent.

Well, we disagree. I agree Firmino was not good, but “main culprit” is far too strong. Anyway, it was probably to be expected as he was played out of position as a 10. Now he’s in his best position as a striker full time, he’s a lot more consistent.

This is great considering who you're arguing with. 

• Upvote 1

He’s a natural no 10 FYI.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/roberto-firmino/profil/spieler/131789

Dude, please. Firstly understand that I was mainly yanking your chain by posting that.

And secondly, you've been arguing in this very thread that he's played a lot better this season as a number 9, than he ever did as a number 10.

• Upvote 1

Do you think people don't have access to this information? Everyone knows he used to play behind the striker. But he hasn't played as a #10 in two years and is currently having a top class season as a striker. So frankly no one gives a fuck. 

• Upvote 1

Dude, please. Firstly understand that I was mainly yanking your chain by posting that.

And secondly, you've been arguing in this very thread that he's played a lot better this season as a number 9, than he ever did as a number 10.

“Ever did” is pushing it. His numbers for Hoffenheim (a much weaker team than ours I’d imagine) in his penultimate season (I think) were impressive. Also at 26, he’s hitting his peak as a footballer, you’d expect him to be producing better output now than when he was in his early twenties.

His fucking numbers? Jesus Christ, it's like talking to Rain Man.

False nine is his best position, he's in the form of his life and has scored 21 goals this season. He's the focal point of an attack that has scored 103 goals by March.

Please stop with this 'traditional centre forward' agenda. Not only is it mind numbingly boring to read about on a daily basis, it completely misses the point about how the team is set up.

• Upvote 5

His fucking numbers? Jesus Christ, it's like talking to Rain Man.

False nine is his best position, he's in the form of his life and has scored 21 goals this season. He's the focal point of an attack that has scored 103 goals by March.

Please stop with this 'traditional centre forward' agenda. Not only is it mind numbingly boring to read about on a daily basis, it completely misses the point about how the team is set up.

I wasn’t the one who brought up his position into the latest discussion. Jose Jones did. I came in to this discussion to correct TheHowieLama’s claim that he hasn’t improved this year and he’s always been this good. I gave him an example of the Europa final, where he was one of the worst players on the pitch. I agree that he’s been very good this season.

Why bring up a game from two years ago when the whole team collectively shit the bed? That's just odd and reeks of agenda.

To be fair, I was never a fan of false nines, and always preferred proper centre forwards in the Torres/Drogba mould. But Bobby is doing everything a centre forward should do and more. Not content with holding the ball up, he's flicking around the corner for our two human acme rockets to run onto.

Even with Salah's ongoing Messi impersonation, I think he's the first name on the team sheet these days and Klopp has said as much multiple times.

• Upvote 2