You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

We'll spend £60m-£70m on 5-6 players, two of which will go straight out on loan whilst the others will all be top prospects who'll take a while to bed in. Call it a hunch.

Does "take a while to bed in" mean thrown under the bus/written off by October? Usually does.

[quote name="Doctor Troy" post="4169928" timestamp="1432220406"

Could raise a few quid from these:

Balotelli 7m

Borini 7M

Lucas 3M

Lambert 4M

Then a few off the wage bill, saving another 10m.

Then we'll just go and buy half of Southampton

No one will buy Balotelli or Lambert . They are useless and in Balotellis case on big wages .

Lucas I would keep for what he would fetch . Borini might get flushed if we're lucky and he doesn't insist on staying again

Bournemouth and Villa would take Lambert, Balotelli possibly to Sampdoria but I think maybe depends on him lowering his wages.

Aspas, Alberto and Coates may get us another £10m, I think Aspas will be sold to Sevilla as part I his loan for £5M. I'd also sell Allen if we could convince a decent midfielder to join us.

We'll spend £60m-£70m on 5-6 players, two of which will go straight out on loan whilst the others will all be top prospects who'll take a while to bed in. Call it a hunch.

Bollocks. Ings and Milner will slot in as full-backs from the off

Porto and Benfica do have good scouts but they have a slight advantage as their work permit regulations are more relaxed than here. The amount of players Porto have sold for top dollar in the last ten years is ridiculous.

It's obvious that Sterling doesn't want to be anywhere near our club next season so we should just get shut now and get the money. I'm not too bothered about him going, just disappointed the way he's acting. Then if we do change the manager he will have that cash available.

Could raise a few quid from these:

Balotelli 7m

Borini 7M

Lucas 3M

Lambert 4M

Then a few off the wage bill, saving another 10m.

Then we'll just go and buy half of Southampton

Can't really see anyone paying us £7M for Borini to be honest unless Sunderland come back.

I'd keep Lucas.  Until we can put a team on a field that can prove it can defend then we need a player like him on the books.

why keep him? He's garbage and very easy to replace.

Our transfer policy has been so bad and amateurish regarding midfielders since Masch left, and the pigheaded refusal to even scout a DM, that Lucas has ended up the only midfielder who can put a tackle in and protect the defence to any degree.

• Upvote 3

Rb, cm and Striker are the areas we need to improve, with the money availible we should be able to get top players in those positions while having money left over for other areas in the squad.

prob need 2 midfielders to replace gerrard. when souness left we bought molby and mcmahon.

Our transfer policy has been so bad and amateurish regarding midfielders since Masch left, and the pigheaded refusal to even scout a DM, that Lucas has ended up the only midfielder who can put a tackle in and protect the defence to any degree.

complain to Rodgers, he's been here for 3 years and didn't bother buying a DM. We've been scouting Kondogbia, Lars Bender, Carvalho, M'Vila, Rode, Camacho, Saul Niguez. To name a few.

This is going to be an absolute disaster of a transfer window, isn't it?

It's such a waste, and it's so easy to see coming.  Honestly, we could have sacked Rodgers, gone after Monchi and Klopp and with Rafa going to Madrid we could actually have a shot at making it happen.  I would have no problem with handing the Sterling money to Monchi, he would probably get us 3 or 4 first team players with it.

Instead it's going to be "let's give Rodgers one more season," a bunch of U21s and overpriced English players, and he'll be topping the bookies' Next Manager to be Sacked lists by December.  Utterly avoidable, and yet we're steering right into it instead.

• Upvote 2

This is going to be an absolute disaster of a transfer window, isn't it?

It's such a waste, and it's so easy to see coming. Honestly, we could have sacked Rodgers, gone after Monchi and Klopp and with Rafa going to Madrid we could actually have a shot at making it happen. I would have no problem with handing the Sterling money to Monchi, he would probably get us 3 or 4 first team players with it.

Instead it's going to be "let's give Rodgers one more season," a bunch of U21s and overpriced English players, and he'll be topping the bookies' Next Manager to be Sacked lists by December. Utterly avoidable, and yet we're steering right into it instead.

Yes. We are a fucking joke these days.

jenkinson milner ings and benteke I reckon.

Jenkinson: The kind of signing that would go to United or Chelsea and be brilliant. He'll come here and we will loan him to Newcastle for the 2017/2018 season while paying all his wages.

Milner: A very astute signing.

Ings: A fourth choice striker for a top team. Here he will probably be the second striker and will have the full burden when Danny Sturridge inevitably gets crocked for half the season.

Benteke: If he comes, he will either crumble under the pressure or go on to being the signing of the season. I genuinely think there would be no middle ground with Benteke.