You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Cornick - 20 years too long?

Sugar Ape

Oh it is.

He is stating that it is more than a coincidence that two teacher murders happened at catholic schools. Many teachers were murdered in them schools I mentioned so I was asking if they too were catholic? To you know either help prove his point or blow the utter cunt of a statement out the water. But you knew that already you fucking shithouse

He is stating that it is more than a coincidence that two teacher murders happened at catholic schools. Many teachers were murdered in them schools I mentioned so I was asking if they too were catholic? To you know either help prove his point or blow the utter cunt of a statement out the water. But you knew that already you fucking shithouse

Ha! Get a grip soft shite.

The 20 years is a minimum term before he can apply for parole. There is no guarantee that he'll be released after 20 years as he'll be assessed by professionals and the Parole Board will make a decision. It's also pretty unusual to get parole first time around.

I have to say that I found his answers to the mental health professionals quite disturbing. Unusual as the sentence is for a juvenille, I was actually predicting more having heard those answers.

• Upvote 1

And this isn't the first time a pupil has killed a teacher in this country, Philip Lawrence was killed in 1995 just outside the school gates. Care to take a guess at what kind of school that was too?

I'm not sure the Philip Lawrence case is relevant to the point you are making Stronts, the lad who killed him though only 15, wasn't a pupil at the school he taught at. He had basically been bunking off school for years and saw himself as some sort of triad and had gone to Philip Lawrence's school to beat up a lad who supposedly "dissed" one of his gang. Philip Lawrence intervened in the fight and was stabbed. The fact that Philip Lawrence was the head of a catholic school seems to be purely coincidental.

As for the case being discussed, my sympathy is entirely with the family of the teacher who was brutally murdered.

• Upvote 4

I'm not sure the Philip Lawrence case is relevant to the point you are making Stronts, the lad who killed him though only 15, wasn't a pupil at the school he taught at. He had basically been bunking off school for years and saw himself as some sort of triad and had gone to Philip Lawrence's school to beat up a lad who supposedly "dissed" one of his gang. Philip Lawrence intervened in the fight and was stabbed. The fact that Philip Lawrence was the head of a catholic school seems to be purely coincidental.

Hahahahahahahaha

Well, I don't know. I would be surprised if being bombarded by imagery of death every day during your formative years had no psychological effect whatsoever. I wonder if any studies have been done into it. Not quite every school. And this isn't the first time a pupil has killed a teacher in this country, Philip Lawrence was killed in 1995 just outside the school gates. Care to take a guess at what kind of school that was too?

by a kid who didn't actually attend that school

The 20 years is a minimum term before he can apply for parole. There is no guarantee that he'll be released after 20 years as he'll be assessed by professionals and the Parole Board will make a decision. It's also pretty unusual to get parole first time around.

I have to say that I found his answers to the mental health professionals quite disturbing. Unusual as the sentence is for a juvenille, I was actually predicting more having heard those answers.

Totally agree.

There's no sign or hint anywhere that this kid had any kind of psychotic tendency. He admitted he hated his teacher, wanted her dead, and killed her in cold blood. He never claimed that Jesus was beaming messages to kill her through the TV, and he was picking them up via his fillings. He wasn't out of touch with reality. There's been nothing reported in the press that shows he had psychosis.

Sometimes people commit horrific crimes, but that doesn't mean they're suffering from a mental illness. You can't say someone is 'obviously' psychotic just because they've done something bad.

What serial killer was that? i've heard of that before but can't place it.

Psychopaths are typically calm, measured and calculating and devious. It's sociopaths that lack impulse control. They are both quite similar in a lot of ways though.

Yep, there's a lot of high functioning psychopaths in boadrooms apparently. They can be highly manipulative or even charming, they often excell in business because they're highly driven and 'selfish', when it goes wrong it's because they don't afford strangers any feelings and think that stabbing you is no different from stabbing a table leg.

Yep, there's a lot of high functioning psychopaths in boadrooms apparently. They can be highly manipulative or even charming, they often excell in business because they're highly driven and 'selfish', when it goes wrong it's because they don't afford strangers any feelings and think that stabbing you is no different from stabbing a table leg.

See our man in Hong Kong.

What serial killer was that? i've heard of that before but can't place it.

It was a patient who was in a psychiatric unit with my mother! Don't think he was a serial killer, though I am always having crazy conversations with my Mum where she'll say "Do you remember Frankie that was in the psychiatric unit?" and I'll say no. She'll go "You do! You used to play cards with him. Shot dead his wife and her lover". So you never know.

I worked for one a few years back, deffo. He had every trait in spades. He got the bullet for bullying and illegally manipulating a redundancy process.

Reminds me of Jon Ronson's book on the subject, a very interesting read in full.