You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Real Madrid

Paco

We haven't been that bad. And it's 7 to 6 in shots -in our favour.

Madrid don't have 3 clowns in defence and a joke between the posts tho.

Massive, massive difference.

There's some truth to this. We have been outwitted on 2 of the 3 goals (not hard I know).

I dont get though why when we're going in for tackles, we're often coming off second best and not because the oppos are stronger. Its just a general lack of awareness where the ball is.

I don't think the tactics have been that bad, really.  It's our defense that's rubbish, tactics have nothing to do with it.

Knowing that, if I were the manager I would have done exactly what Brendan did - send them out to press Real to death for 20 or 25 minutes, run ourselves into the ground and hope that we could nick a goal in that time.  Playing with the lead would give us confidence and that bit of energy we would need later in the game - we showed that often enough last season.

Unfortunately, we didn't get that goal.  Then they score with a brilliant finish, and we revert completely to form.  You can say it's Rodgers' fault we only have one good defender (our left back) but you can't say his tactics are off tonight IMO.

But its not just the defence, is it? We look toothless going forward. Does anyone seriously expect us to score 2 or 3 against anyone, let alone Madrid? One striker (even if it wasn't Balotelli) has looked awful all season. We only look vaguely threatening with 2 up front, otherwise as soon as Balotelli drops deep or goes wide there is zero threat in the box.

Sterling and Coutinho have showed up. Balotelli imo is actually doing ok. Our goalie and cb's are shocking.

He isn't, he's just ambling about, doing the basics wrong, he's a liability defensively, he doesn't know how to link the attack, he doesn't score goals, he's offered nothing at all. And he's just swapped his fucking top.