You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

If theres any truth to the Delph rumours i'd guess the stats Adebisi posted a few posts back are a big reason behind it.

Delph looked a good prospect when he was at Leeds and then he went and joined Villa 4 or 5 years ago and not been hugely impressive since.

You could argue it'd be hard to shine in a Villa team over the past few years but in saying that a lot of players have impressed in weak teams over the past few years and earned themselves moves. He hasn't.

Its a moneyball statisticians wet dream.

Hasn't he had a couple of long spells out injured though? I'm sure one was over a year.

I think he's had two leg breaks of I'm not mistaken.

My mate is a villa fan and was always raving about him back in the day.

Two! Well that's me convinced he's signing for us then. Not on a free either, it has to be for a good fee and high wages or I just won't have any faith that he'll be shit and plagued with injuries.

Classic Liverpool signing - a solid decent English player who has won a few caps for England. How the fuck the owners think we will compete with the likes of chelsea by signing the likes of delph I will never know.

I presume they think that the best way to try and get around the absolute financial chasm between the two clubs is to try and get players on the way up, before they become massive.

How some fans think we will compete with Chelsea, consistently, at all, I'll never know.

£70m extra, every year. That's 14 £100k a week players, or 7 £200k a week players, just for some context.

• Upvote 2

To stringvest

Incoming: -

Outgoing: Assiadi

Aggregation of gossip By Telegraph Sport

7:58AM GMT 14 Jan 2015

Liverpool have been handed a massive boost in their bid to sign Paris Saint-Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi.

According to The Mirror, the Ligue 1 giants are willing to let him go and are lining up Benfica winger Nicolas Gaitan as his replacement.

The Reds are long-term admirers of the Argentina international, having lost out to PSG in their attempts to sign him from Napoli in 2012.  Now, however, Lavezzi could finally arrive at Anfield for just £8 million, with PSG looking to offload the 29-year-old in January.  

Liverpool forward Fabio Borini will not be leaving the club during the January transfer window, according to the player's agent.

Talksport reports that Borini has struggled to nail down a first-team spot at Anfield this season, making just nine appearances in the Premier League.

That has led to increased speculation that the Italian may be set to leave Liverpool during January, in an attempt to earn more playing time.

Numerous Serie A clubs have expressed an interest, while Sunderland had a bid accepted in the summer only for Borini to turn down the chance of a move. And, according to Borini's agent, Marco De Marchi, the 23-year-old is set to turn down a transfer again and will stay at Anfield.

Alan Pardew wants Liverpool defender Jose Enrique to join Crystal Palace's relegation battle.

Pardew, the new Palace manager, has made an inquiry for the Spanish defender and is keen to offer him regular football at Selhurst Park.

Enrique, 28, has had limited first-team opportunities for the last two seasons under Brendan Rodgers and Palace have identified a left-back as a priority position in the January transfer window.

Pardew will also consider Swansea City's Neil Taylor as an alternative target but has asked Liverpool if they would be prepared to loan Enrique out for the rest of the season.

Real Madrid's Alvaro Arbeloa will reject a move to Arsenal or Chelsea in favour of a return to old club Liverpool, according to The Express.

The 31-year-old is said to be frustrated at his lack of first-team opportunities with the Spanish giants having only started five La Liga matches.

The former Spain international has reportedly told friends that he is seeking a move away from the club this month and fancies a switch to his former club.

Meanwhile, Martin Skrtel has opened talks over a new deal as Liverpool look to tie down senior players.

The Mail and Guardian say Liverpool are keen to tie the defender, whose contract expires next summer, to a fresh deal.

Liverpool have confirmed the sale of ex-Stoke loanee Oussama Assaidi to Al-Ahli.

As reported in The Star, the Dubai-based club have agreed to pay Liverpool £4.7m for the Moroccan winger.

Liverpool could sell Mario Balotelli this month to fund a double move for Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain and Sampdoria goalkeeper Sergio Romero.

The Express reports that the Italian striker has struggled for form since joining in the summer, and PSG are supposedly interested in taking him off Liverpool's hands.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be entirely against swapping Delph for Lucas, if the latter goes to Italy for about 7m and the former comes in for about the same.

Lucas was a very good player before his injury problems, and most fans were slow to see his attributes. These days our team is so leaky at the back that even a fairly immobile Lucas improves us because he usually takes up the correct position in front of the defence and gives us some protection. But he is limited, especially post injury, and a move to Italy would suit him.

As for Delph, I think he's a decent player. He's not a defensive midfielder as such, but he is more suited to playing Brendan's brand of football in that he has a lot of stamina and can close down players all day long. He has some skill too. I haven't noticed his passing.

I'm going to break rank with what I'm seeing on here and say this won't be a bad signing. if it's Lucas out and Delph in, I can see some sort of sense in that.

• Upvote 1

I'm beginning to actually hate Fabio Borini now.

Thirty three games for us and he's scored two goals. Two.

He's a striker.

And he wanted to stay "to fight for his place".

Fuck off you useless overpaid unflushable shite.

• Upvote 3

I'm beginning to actually hate Fabio Borini now.

Thirty three games for us and he's scored two goals. Two.

He's a striker.

And he wanted to stay "to fight for his place".

Fuck off you useless overpaid unflushable shite.

Let's remember this the next time someone wants to leave and we get all pissy about them having a contract, though.

Goes both ways.

• Upvote 1