You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Guest davelfc

Ayre will be pictured with current players signing a new contract (plus secret buy out clause) and Sturridge comes back. He'll be like a new signing. 

isn't that enough for you lot, I mean it's so difficult to buy players in the January window. 

• Upvote 1

Trio of youngsters head to Cheltenham for month's loan.

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/cheltenham-town-liverpool-kevin-stewart-jack-dunn-lloyd-jones-2175872.aspx

PUBLISHED

10:00 1st January 2015

by Jon Palmer

A trio of talented youngsters from Premier League giants Liverpool have joined Cheltenham Town on one month loan deals.

Kevin Stewart, Jack Dunn and Lloyd Jones will all go into Paul Buckle’s squad for the League Two trip to Oxford United on Saturday (3pm).

“Bringing in players of this calibre is a real coup for Cheltenham Town,” Buckle said.

“I have a good relationship with Liverpool’s academy director Alex Inglethorpe, having played with him at Exeter City and taken players off him on loan when he was working at Tottenham.

“I know how well he develops players and I spent three days up in Liverpool looking at their Under-21 squad recently.

“I asked about the availability of these three lads and it’s fantastic that they were all willing to come down. Liverpool and Alex have been great.”

Stewart is a 21-year-old defender or midfielder, who joined Liverpool’s Academy in July 2014 after leaving Tottenham Hotspur. 

He has spent time on loan at Crewe Alexandra, making four appearances at the end of last season.

Liverpool-born Dunn, 20, is an attacking midfielder or forward, who has trained occasionally with the first team having impressed in the Under-21 side.

He was included in Brendan Rodgers' squad for a post-season friendly at Shamrock Rovers in May 2014, rising from the bench late on and scoring a fine goal.

Dunn has captained Liverpool’s Under-18s and represented England at a number of youth international levels.

Centre-half Jones, 19, stands 6ft 3in tall and joined the Reds from Plymouth Argyle before the 2011/12 campaign, during which he was a regular for the Under-16s.

The Welshman has won international caps for his country at youth level and was named on the substitutes' bench for the first time when Liverpool’s senior team travelled to face Fulham in the Premier League in May 2013.

Chairman Paul Baker said: “I know how hard the manager has worked to secure these signings and it’s a real coup for us to be establishing a relationship with a top club like Liverpool.

“Let’s hope these players can further develop their skills with us in the same way that the likes of Luke Garbutt and Karl Henry did, for the benefit of Cheltenham Town, Liverpool and of course the players themselves."

I am going out tonight and should get in about 2am. I will be checking BBC Sport when I get in & if we haven't bought anybody by then I will be wanting FSG and Brendan out.

Transfer window doesnt open until Saturday. Something to do with FIFA wanting a 31 day window across all federations so they wont open their TMS or whatever its called until then.

“Let’s hope these players can further develop their skills with us in the same way that the likes of Luke Garbutt and Karl Henry did, for the benefit of Cheltenham Town, Liverpool and of course the players themselves."

Nice send off for our lads, that.

Any club in our place that would be serious in pushing for a Top 4 finish would have lined up a top class keeper and a good striker.

Same old by the lying cunts. Now it is Rodgers' fault and he will have to do his best with the strikers the committee bought for him. But it was FSG who established the ridiculous incompetent transfer committee, it was FSG who set the profile criteria for the transfer targets(Age restrictions, resale value shite, moneyball shite and of course wage limitations) and ultimately it was them who hired Rodgers.

The former woman and Mr potato are sailing the Caribbean in a Ship loaded with Scouse money.

FSG fuck off.

• Upvote 2

Any club in our place that would be serious in pushing for a Top 4 finish would have lined up a top class keeper and a good striker.

Same old by the lying cunts. Now it is Rodgers' fault and he will have to do his best with the strikers the committee bought for him. But it was FSG who established the ridiculous incompetent transfer committee, it was FSG who set the profile criteria for the transfer targets(Age restrictions, resale value shite, moneyball shite and of course wage limitations) and ultimately it was them who hired Rodgers.

The former woman and Mr potato are sailing the Caribbean in a Ship loaded with Scouse money.

FSG fuck off.

If nothing else, they're a long way away from the Somali pirates.

Sell the fringe players and smash the lot on Scheidelin, Southmampton were shit a few weeks ago when he was banned, they couldn't win a game, now he's back they are hotter than roast beef.

Perfect player to take the Stevie, Lucas role and shield our defence. ,

• Upvote 2

FSG fuck off.

what a load of horseshit.

• Upvote 1

No fucking excuse if we don't buy another striker. We have to get another striker, and tell someone like Borini that he has to go. I wanted Borini to do well but it's just not worked for him and he should probably accept that he's had plenty of chances. If he's good enough he's still young, can do well elsewhere and have plenty of time to go to another top club, if he can prove his ability. He's not doing that here, and we need another striker urgently.

Sell the fringe players and smash the lot on Scheidelin, Southmampton were shit a few weeks ago when he was banned, they couldn't win a game, now he's back they are hotter than roast beef.

He was the player to buy in the summer from Soton. If BR wanted Lallana that bad OK, but we should get Lallana and Morgan. Now they'll want 40M..

Rodgers daaan need no steeeenkin sheeeeeld....

The players that we sign have to be players that can win you a title, not chase a top 4 place for you. That is part of the problem with us.

The Mancs have spent a shit load and I will accept that it isn't 1990 and they have a hell of a lot more pulling power than we have now, but all of the players they have been signing are either world class, or very good players that will make a massive difference to them. I would say they are 2-3 players off being a real outstanding team. Now, they are being linked strongly with Coleman, so if they get Strootman in the next few months, then they will have some team. Money talks and they took the action of not just spending the money to make the necessary changes, but also sign proven top class talent.

I belive that alot of Brendan's signings in the summer will come good (the signings of Lovren and Mario make it look so much worse than it is) - in fact I think we could have a quality team in 2-3 years with Moreno, Can and Markovic, but right now they are very raw. January gives us a chance to recognise our need for real here and now talent, not possible top talent for the 2016/2017 season.

Will Schneiderlein be in a title chasing team? Probably.

Will Bony? Possibly.

Will Clyne? Possibly.

Will Berahino? You're having a fucking laugh.

etc....

The first three would greatly improve us and are the type of players that I could picture in a title chasing team. Berahino is a shot in the dark and we need to move away from that type of signing - we have done too much of that type of transfer over the past 20 years.

If we don't buy big in this window, then it makes me think that Brendan is gone in the summer.

Berahino has scored less Premier League goals than Carroll had when we signed him and done fuck all previously. 

He may go on to be a decent player but he's exactly the type of flash in the pan, one good run and we then steam in and pay a fortune type of player we seem to fuck up constantly. 

Now that the Gerrard news is finalised, it would make sense to me for us to look for the mobile, pacey, athletic centre midfielder that we need, right now.

Get him bedded in now so that he hits the ground running in August.

We don't do logic though with regards to transfers so it's not gonna happen.