redheart

Becoming a dad for the first time

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Croup is fuckin horrible, hope they get over it quick. Sounded like a dog barking in our house.

Yeah it's a pox alright. The little lad had it last week, but we just thought it was a sore throat, now the little one has it, but she sounds like a seal. I'm tempted to throw her a ball and some raw fish to see how she gets on 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Yeah it's a pox alright. The little lad had it last week, but we just thought it was a sore throat, now the little one has it, but she sounds like a seal. I'm tempted to throw her a ball and some raw fish to see how she gets on 

Sad but funny take on it. Scared the shit out of me. Both got it, didn't know it was a catching thing?

I really want a word with God about sick kids.

Kids should only laugh, smile and be happy. Leave all the other shit to us.

During the week: I'm first up in our house, walking the dog before work from about 6am. The little one typically sleeps until between 7 and 8am.

At the weekend: I'm the first up in our house because I take the little one, and she never sleeps past 5:30 on a Saturday or Sunday.

Little fuckers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

During the week: I'm first up in our house, walking the dog before work from about 6am. The little one typically sleeps until between 7 and 8am.

At the weekend: I'm the first up in our house because I take the little one, and she never sleeps past 5:30 on a Saturday or Sunday.

Little fuckers. 

Yeah, 

They've a great internal, weekend clock them littleuns......... 

I find it hilarious, and equally stupid when kids don't sleep and someone asks you, "why is that" 

My reply is always the same. "if I was the first human being, that finally figured out why kids don't sleep, then Jeff bezos would be shining my shoes" 

• Upvote 1

Seeing her toddle along in her first full kit made all the bullshit of the first year worth it.  She’s made me cry more than anyone.  Every first never fails to set me off.  

• Upvote 4

Misses is doing the putdown tonight and the mini crank is giving her hell. 

Got some boss film on whilst chomping on slices of cold melon.