You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

If he was starting in world cup games,why did we think he wasnt good enough for us right away?

Sturridge being injured was hardly rocket science or soothsaying. Bloody clueless thinking. We also could have saved the Balotelli money for something like a good DM.

We didnt think that.

We wanted him in the summer, but Lille played a blinder and only allowed a deal to go through if he stayed for 1 more year.

Rodgers mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

Our top negotiators were on the ball again!

I don't understand why it was that bad, really. He's 19, after all.  Sure he's a good player but leaving him on loan to develop somewhere else (and make some of the mistakes that go with that development in someone else's kit) is not the worst thing in the world.

If we had it to do over again I'm not so sure that doing a similar deal for Markovic would have been the worst thing in the world, especially if it saved us 5 million or so on the price.  Yeah, it weakens our team a bit but with the impact he's had thus far it wouldn't have been much of a loss.  Hindsight is 20/20 in the case of Origi with Sturridge's injury but in the summer the two situations weren't that different between him and Markovic.

Our top negotiators were on the ball again!

Question is whether you were prepared to do the deal on the terms we agreed where they keep him for a further season or not buy him at all ? Personally I don't believe we would have signed him otherwise. I could believe we suggested that arrangement in which case you could argue it was quite a creative solution, Don't think we should give the club too much stick over this deal with knowing the facts. They also didn't know Sturridge would get crocked and all the other strikers turn out to be utter dross.

Question is whether you were prepared to do the deal on the terms we agreed where they keep him for a further season or not buy him at all ? Personally I don't believe we would have signed him otherwise. I could believe we suggested that arrangement in which case you could argue it was quite a creative solution, Don't think we should give the club too much stick over this deal with knowing the facts. They also didn't know Sturridge would get crocked and all the other strikers turn out to be utter dross.

Lets just say that a lot of our recent transfer negotiations always make me see our transfer team in a negative light.Maybe a bit of previous makes me less optimistic.

We could've got Falcao for a season long loan for £6m (I'm aware that the wages are miles apart) but seriously, £5m extra for a player we already own...

I've watched a lot of Origi due to having a soft spot for Belgium, and yes he's talented, but we probably over paid in the first place, and now we are going to throw more money at him

It's bad enough we are relying on one 19 year old.

Just sign an elite player, instead of looking for potential

We could've got Falcao for a season long loan for £6m (I'm aware that the wages are miles apart) but seriously, £5m extra for a player we already own...

I've watched a lot of Origi due to having a soft spot for Belgium, and yes he's talented, but we probably over paid in the first place, and now we are going to throw more money at him

It's bad enough we are relying on one 19 year old.

Just sign an elite player, instead of looking for potential

You're saying it as if Falcao's hit the ground running.

Nothing is guaranteed no matter how much you spend.

• Upvote 1