You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Anyone got Benteke's mobile number? I'd happily meet the cunt at K.F.C. I'd have him bring Moreno with him as well.

Me: "You, you little cunt and you, you fucking big cunt, come at me and we'll have a right fucking sort out in here. You can pair up if you like, and you can pick someone else to help you, and you can get your fucking dinner, because by the time I'm fucking finished with you you'll fucking need it."

They'll be following Terry down the road

• Upvote 1

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/10160453/jurgen-klopp-so-far-assessing-his-impact-as-liverpool-manager

Liverpool are yet to keep a shut-out in 2016. That's particularly frustrating for Klopp, given that only Tottenham have faced fewer Premier League shots on target. Liverpool just aren't saving them.

Reinforces the point that the defence isn't that bad and Mignolet is our biggest problem.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/10160453/jurgen-klopp-so-far-assessing-his-impact-as-liverpool-manager

Liverpool are yet to keep a shut-out in 2016. That's particularly frustrating for Klopp, given that only Tottenham have faced fewer Premier League shots on target. Liverpool just aren't saving them.

Reinforces the point that the defence isn't that bad and Mignolet is our biggest problem.

I don't think it tells the whole story.  It doesn't say anything qualitative about those shots on target.  Mignolet has made errors but some of the goals conceded have been clinical finishes, where little blame can be apportioned to the goalkeeper.  It also doesn't say anything about mistakes leading up to those shots on target.  Defending is a collective art.  It's counter productive to lay the blame all on one player, in my opinion.  

Reina openly took the piss out of us. Fuck him.

Utter bullshit.

Reina was an integral part of a world class defensive unit for a few seasons.  When the club was being run into the ground by Hicks and Gillett he was one of very few players to speak out.  When the best of Rafa's imports - Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, etc - left, Reina stayed.  As one of the highest profile players at the club, he became a target for the shit-stirring hacks who, on more than one occasion, deliberately misrepresented what he'd said in interviews in order to set up a narrative that he wanted out.  Some Reds fans were gullible enough to believe the inkwasters rather than their own player.

His form nosedived at the same time as Carragher's (and there were plenty of people questioning whether Carra had had his day).  Coincidentally, this was also the time that we lost Aurelio, Hyypia, Arbeloa and Mascherano, but gained Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Johnson and Spearing.  True, Reina's shot-stopping took a serious dip for a while, but you'd need shit in your eyes not to have seen the marked improvement in his final season here.  (He lost a few of his spare pounds, too.)

Liverpool may have saved a few quid on the wage bill, but I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that we'd have picked up a few million extra in prize money if we'd kept a very good goalkeeper, instead of trading down to the Premier League's worst.

• Upvote 7

got to smile at some people's rose tinted view of reina especially when you hear them claim Alonso's form was shit for 2 seasons.

reina's form in his last two and a half years was everything as bad as mignolet's. And he was supposed to be a world class keeper.

BTW, he's still spooning a few in for Napoli as well. Last one was a couple of weeks ago.

Utter bullshit.

Reina was an integral part of a world class defensive unit for a few seasons. When the club was being run into the ground by Hicks and Gillett he was one of very few players to speak out. When the best of Rafa's imports - Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, etc - left, Reina stayed. As one of the highest profile players at the club, he became a target for the shit-stirring hacks who, on more than one occasion, deliberately misrepresented what he'd said in interviews in order to set up a narrative that he wanted out. Some Reds fans were gullible enough to believe the inkwasters rather than their own player.

His form nosedived at the same time as Carragher's (and there were plenty of people questioning whether Carra had had his day). Coincidentally, this was also the time that we lost Aurelio, Hyypia, Arbeloa and Mascherano, but gained Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Johnson and Spearing. True, Reina's shot-stopping took a serious dip for a while, but you'd need shit in your eyes not to have seen the marked improvement in his final season here. (He lost a few of his spare pounds, too.)

Liverpool may have saved a few quid on the wage bill, but I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that we'd have picked up a few million extra in prize money if we'd kept a very good goalkeeper, instead of trading down to the Premier League's worst.

That's certainly one way to look at it. Such a biased view, there's little point in arguing against it.

Said at the time replacing Reina with Mignolet was a mistake. We were replacing a keeper who swept behind a high-line defence and distributed quickly to turn defence into immediate attack, with a keeper who had spent his PL career behind a heavily defensive line that sat back.

We needed like for like and Mignolet wasn't it.

I agree with the "biased view". Now show me the way, my dream is to to be unbiased.

Nah, boring as fuck, all this. All we ever do is rehash ancient history. Reina was clearly desperate to leave, he got his wish. That's fine. Some people choose to look at him with a heavy dose of nostalgia, he was just a footballer doing what he thought was best for his career - not some spokesperson for the fans who stayed here as a favour for us even though all his mates left. Plus he got shit and fat

• Upvote 1

Mignolet is not good enough. I think we'll get a new no.1 in the summer to usher in the start of the Klopp era in earnest. (I think it will be a whole new spine, for that matter).

Ter Stegen is my best guess, but there are other good German keepers too.

Mignolet can then stay and fight for his place - he's more than good enough to be no.2, or more likely he will choose to move on.

As for Reina we should stop going round and round on that. Great goalie in the first part of his Liverpool career. Dropped a level toward the end and needed to be replaced. The fact that his replacement hasn't been as good as we hoped doesn't change the fact that it was time for Reina to go.

• Upvote 1

Utter bullshit.

Reina was an integral part of a world class defensive unit for a few seasons.  When the club was being run into the ground by Hicks and Gillett he was one of very few players to speak out.  When the best of Rafa's imports - Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, etc - left, Reina stayed.  As one of the highest profile players at the club, he became a target for the shit-stirring hacks who, on more than one occasion, deliberately misrepresented what he'd said in interviews in order to set up a narrative that he wanted out.  Some Reds fans were gullible enough to believe the inkwasters rather than their own player.

His form nosedived at the same time as Carragher's (and there were plenty of people questioning whether Carra had had his day).  Coincidentally, this was also the time that we lost Aurelio, Hyypia, Arbeloa and Mascherano, but gained Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Johnson and Spearing.  True, Reina's shot-stopping took a serious dip for a while, but you'd need shit in your eyes not to have seen the marked improvement in his final season here.  (He lost a few of his spare pounds, too.)

^.

Mignolet is not good enough. I think we'll get a new no.1 in the summer to usher in the start of the Klopp era in earnest. (I think it will be a whole new spine, for that matter).

Ter Stegen is my best guess, but there are other good German keepers too.

Mignolet can then stay and fight for his place - he's more than good enough to be no.2, or more likely he will choose to move on.

As for Reina we should stop going round and round on that. Great goalie in the first part of his Liverpool career. Dropped a level toward the end and needed to be replaced. The fact that his replacement hasn't been as good as we hoped doesn't change the fact that it was time for Reina to go.

Yeah or we might have ended up top of our league like napoli, scary thought.

Only reason he wanted to go is because rodger wanted him out and he wasnt going to play. Guardiola doesnt sign shit players, the end.