You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Reina even at his poorest was never as bad as Mignolet, indeed only in reaction saves was Mignolet better than Reina and even then only when Reina's form had dipped.

In every other conceivable department Reina absolutely pastes him. I don't think there is anyone left now that doesn't think that Reina was a better keeper.

Behave yourself. Of course if you didnt see reina's last howler for napoli 2 weeks ago, you could be forgiven in thinking he's a better keeper who doesnt make mistakes despite his form being pretty much on a par with mignolet's for his last 2 seasons here at the very least..

Point is neither of them are good enough for us now.

Behave yourself. Of course if you didnt see reina's last howler for napoli 2 weeks ago, you could be forgiven in thinking he's a better keeper who doesnt make mistakes despite his form being pretty much on a par with mignolet's for his last 2 seasons here at the very least..

Point is we didn't have to spend £10million to end up worse off.  We seem to do this with every decent player we replace.

Point is we didn't have to spend £10million to end up worse off.  We seem to do this with every decent player we replace.

Point is, you think its ok to keep one keeper who regularly started costing us goals and games but not the other. Oh and that's before you take into account reina's reputed £90,000 a week. Fucking weird.

As Ive said, both arent good enough.

Point is, you think its ok to keep one keeper who regularly started costing us goals and games but not the other. Oh and that's before you take into account reina's reputed £90,000 a week. Fucking weird.

As Ive said, both arent good enough.

I didn't say to keep Reina.  Mignolet £60,000 a week for 3 years now a 'reputed' £80,000 for the next 5 plus a £10mill transfer fee.  Out of the two I know who I'd have stuck with.

Alternatively if anyone had half a brain at our club we should have gone for Begovic instead of Mingolet as many of us said at the time.

• Upvote 1

I didn't say to keep Reina.  Mignolet £60,000 a week for 3 years now a 'reputed' £80,000 for the next 5 plus a £10mill transfer fee.  Out of the two I know who I'd have stuck with.

Alternatively if anyone had half a brain at our club we should have gone for Begovic instead of Mingolet as many of us said at the time.

And you didnt say reina's form was everything as bad as mignolets.

Yes, bergovic may have been a more solid option at the 25m stoke wanted for him.

This.

Every single keeper we've had under this fella has gotten worse, it can't be a coincidence.

Its no coincidence mate he was a shite goalkeeper himself so law of averages will probably point to him being a shit coach (not always granted but mostly), We needed a complete overhaul during the summer from Brenda down (i'd have kept then young guy who done the after match presser yesterday) but the rest should have gone, now maybe hopefully Klopp has got his own coaches to follow him in the summer they might not have been available when he took over. Who brought Acterberg in? was it Woy ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And you didnt say reina's form was everything as bad as mignolets.

Yes, bergovic may have been a more solid option at the 25m stoke wanted for him.

That's because his form was nowhere near as bad.

So we're making up values now.

First of all where did I say Reina makes no mistakes?

Secondly Reina has conceded 19 goals so far this season for Napoli and they are top of the league.

Thirdly had we stuck with Reina we would have had a better keeper and saved £9m.

Fourth Reina's last two seasons being as bad as Mignolet is just utter shite sorry but it is.

Reina never, ever reached the depths of this fucking shitehawk.

• Upvote 2

I was all for Reina being replaced and thought he was taking the piss, so I'm not going to double back on that now, but if Klopp doesn't want and get full backing to sign a new first choice keeper in the summer we're just going round in the same old circle.

I was all for Reina being replaced and thought he was taking the piss, so I'm not going to double back on that now, but if Klopp doesn't want and get full backing to sign a new first choice keeper in the summer we're just going round in the same old circle.

Double back? No just admit you got in wrong otherwise youve learned fuck all and go in the same circle.

Reinas fart in a jar on the line would do better. It was clearly done like all the other experienced heads Rodgers had to remove because their winners mentality and experiences of success were stinking the place out, and undermining his ability to worm around chatting shit having never won a thang in his life and impress all the wee young lads by asking arkward questions like 'where are your medals bigmouth' and saying stuff like 'thats not how you organise a defence, the fuck is that', 'Why are you signing that substandard player?' etc

Reinas actual form was seen by many fans through the eyes of brendan rodgers pr machinery that scapegoated him for rodgers inability to set up a defence (which since Rodgers got his way and signed shitejuggling simon has got worse) they thought brendan could sell suarez and sign mario and lambert and wed be sound. Reinas career has not done too bad since however, I doubt bayern or napoli will be chasing simon anytime soon he can go back to west brom or whatever garbage team he came from.

• Upvote 1

Double back? No just admit you got in wrong otherwise youve learned fuck all and go in the same circle.

Reinas fart in a jar on the line would do better. It was clearly done like all the other experienced heads Rodgers had to remove because their winners mentality and experiences of success were stinking the place out, and undermining his ability to worm around chatting shit having never won a thang in his life and impress all the wee young lads by asking arkward questions like 'where are your medals bigmouth' and saying stuff like 'thats not how you organise a defence, the fuck is that', 'Why are you signing that substandard player?' etc

Reinas actual form was seen by many fans through the eyes of brendan rodgers pr machinery that scapegoated him for rodgers inability to set up a defence (which since Rodgers got his way and signed shitejuggling simon has got worse) they thought brendan could sell suarez and sign mario and lambert and wed be sound. Reinas career has not done too bad since however, I doubt bayern or napoli will be chasing simon anytime soon he can go back to west brom or whatever garbage team he came from.

You're always good for a laugh dennis, I'll give you that.

21 goals he's conceded this season have come from the first shot on target.

Someone clothesline this fucker. Then Moreno.

but but I thought he's a good shot stopper?... That stat really is quite shocking. Sunderland came for a nil all draw yesterday ended up having 2 shots on target and got 2 goals.

No. Nobody has forgotten. But he was previously top class so a lot of people thought he was worth sticking with. People at the time mentioned the change from Valero to spastics like Kelly and Achterberg, the fact most of our best players fucked off (with others also sulking and/or playing shite), and a general stench of pure shit at the club, were possible reasons that contributed to his poor performances. That, on reflection, it was unlikely we'd sign a better keeper. Mainly because every other replacement we made at the time was fucking shit and much worse than the player they were replacing. I don't think it's a huge surprise that the two clubs he's played for since leaving us have been Bayern Munich and Napoli. I have a feeling the next two clubs Mignolet plays for won't be quite of the same calibre.

Rodgers wanted rid because Reina wasn't/isn't a spineless soft cunt.

C'est la vie.

• Upvote 4