You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

In the 7 games we've lost in all comps this season, either Klavan or Lucas have started in 6 of them. To have either of those playing whilst Sakho is still owned by the club is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Neither Klavan or Lucas are good enough to be 3rd choice CB, so you either play Sakho, or you get rid and bring in someone else, preferably good enough to push Lovren back in the pecking order, or someone who is a capable back-up.

• Upvote 2

Gomez is an outstanding talent, but he is probably not yet good enough to be the 3rd CB just yet. At this age, he will still have a lot of mistakes in him.

Ideal 4th choice and defensive cover for fullback, can be some player. As for mistakes I know what you're saying but age is no barrier for our cb's currently.

In the 7 games we've lost in all comps this season, either Klavan or Lucas have started in 6 of them. To have either of those playing whilst Sakho is still owned by the club is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Neither Klavan or Lucas are good enough to be 3rd choice CB, so you either play Sakho, or you get rid and bring in someone else, preferably good enough to push Lovren back in the pecking order, or someone who is a capable back-up.

I agree we should have competent backup and that Sakho is better than Lovren, Klavan, Lucas and Gomez. But a man got to have a code.

You have to consider how seriously coaches take dedication to fitness and players commitment and application.

All coaches in the modern era want their players to give everything in every training session and eat well and live like professional athletes off the pitch.

Sakho tried to cut corners. He was a lazy bastard taking supplements to help with his fitness. A player who should be at the peak of his physical capabilities with the best access to nutrional advice and equipment. Doesn't even bother to consult the club. Then when he came back he couldn't be arsed to attend a session for some therapy for his Achilles.

You can imagine Klopp thinking. I have the likes of Gomez or Ings working every day to get back to fitness. Or many players in the squad i am selling my fitness regime to. Then Sakho who has played 250 odd games been to a World Cup is not taking his shit serious.

• Upvote 1

I like Klavan and cant see why he gets a bad rap. I actually prefer him over Lovren because Klavan realises his limitations. The problem is less about some of the personnel and more about their roles in a system which doesnt suit those players.

I like Klavan and cant see why he gets a bad rap. I actually prefer him over Lovren because Klavan realises his limitations. The problem is less about some of the personnel and more about their roles in a system which doesnt suit those players.

He's shit, he doesn't know his limitations and is weak as piss.