You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I doubt lazio will be selling a young hope as the fans have not been impressed by their version of Ian Ayre. This from a few weeks back. They got De Vrij in the end.

http://www.football-italia.net/52688/tare-suffers-lazio-revenge

tare-fans490ss_0.jpg

Lazio director Igli Tare said fans have leaked his phone number, sent harassing messages and booked fake plane tickets.

The director of sport spoke to Il Tempo newspaper after he personally tried to calm a crowd of furious fans when the club lost transfer target Davide Astori to rivals Roma this week.

“After that night at the Auronzo di Cadore camp and the confrontation with the fans over Astori, the trouble really started,” explained Albanian former striker Tare.

“Someone must’ve got hold of my phone number, as I found it on the internet. The usual threatening messages started arriving, but not just those.

“There were strange calls, like one from Alitalia because somebody had booked a flight to Rotterdam in my name. I spent two hours trying to undo it and figure out who had done this.

“Over the next few days I’ll be forced to change my phone number again, which won’t be an easy task as that is a fundamental instrument in my work.

“Many problems are emerging, but what upsets me the most are the things said to my family.”

It is likely the flight to Rotterdam was a hint from ultras, as Tare is meant to be in negotiations with Feyenoord for defender Stefan De Vrij.

Nonetheless, Lazio are expected to lose out again, this time to Manchester United.

sorry thats a bit of a mess but that article today is nearly word for word the one on tuesday ergo they know fuck all

If i took control of Villa and the chairman just couldn't be arsed anymore and he said "listen just between you and me, i want you to relegate this team and see whether you can beat Derby's points total under Paul Jewell."

My first three signings would be probably be Joe Cole, Kieran Richardson and Aly Cissokho. 

• Upvote 1

This transfer seems something that we would get mixed up in. Go get on this one Ian.

In Mexico, Alan Pulido is considered a star: maybe because of his love story with the famous TV presenter Gaby Ramirez or maybe simply because he scores a lot. Nine goals in 19 games in Clausura with Tigres. The 23-year-old striker is similar to Montella. Parma moved concretely to acquire him in January. Now he’s the protagonist of a story that is almost unbelievable. Pulido dreams of moving to Serie A, he’s in Italy, along with his agent Felipe Ayala, to talk with several clubs. But his departure from Tigres has become a case: Pulido claims to be a free agent, but the Mexican club doesn’t agree. Both Tigres and the president of the Mexican FA showed on TV a contract, signed by Pulido, which expires in 2016 and basically stops him from reaching an agreement with other clubs. Pulido doesn’t give up, he asserts that the signature on the contract with Tigres is fake. This situation prevented him from joining Olympiakos, even though they had already reached an agreement. There is one more details: the player returned to training with Tigres, but the coach sent him to the B-team. At that point, Pulido fled to Italy, waiting for a positive ending.

Mirror & Mail reckon Moreno will play one more time in the super cup on Wednesday then sign for us. They seem to believe that we are paying 14m with Suso going the other way.

I don't know if Moreno is worth 14m but based on what's been reported - us offering 16 and them sitting on 20 - this seems like a right compromise. I like Suso but just never really saw him over the long slog of a Premiership season, in a Liverpool shirt or otherwise. Hope it's true for his sake and ours.

Mirror & Mail reckon Moreno will play one more time in the super cup on Wednesday then sign for us. They seem to believe that we are paying 14m with Suso going the other way.

Hope the Suso deal is a loan, it'd be moronic to give them 14 million plus Suso on a permanent deal. 

• Upvote 1

If i took control of Villa and the chairman just couldn't be arsed anymore and he said "listen just between you and me, i want you to relegate this team and see whether you can beat Derby's points total under Paul Jewell."

My first three signings would be probably be Joe Cole, Kieran Richardson and Aly Cissokho. 

Lest we forget the legend that is Senderos joins them in the quartet of effluvium.

• Upvote 1