You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like it. It might not redefine the genre but it's good enough.

Thoughts on The Leftovers? I haven't watched past episode 4 and not sure if I'll go back. Relentlessly depressing.

I couldn't carry on with that, either. I can't remember where I got up to; probably three or four episodes. I was none the wiser to what the fuck was going on.

See the monster angle is shit, drop that part of the story, stick it directly to a virus. Better tv.

If it is just a virus then it would not work either. Why? If it is a virus the programme will toddle along for a while before everyone realises that the inevitable ending is that someone finds a cure.

If it is just a virus then it would not work either. Why? If it is a virus the programme will toddle along for a while before everyone realises that the inevitable ending is that someone finds a cure.

As opposed to toddling along for a while before everyone realises that the cure is killing the count from sesame street.

Just finished watching Entourage and I couldn't recommend it enough. Easy going and engaging light hearted (that sounds so lame but I don't know how else to describe it - a comedy,for example) look at Hollywood life through a young hugely successful actors life living the dream with his mates. 

I give it 9.5/10 to compare with 10/10 from Sopranos, Breaking Bad & Battlestar Galactica. Still getting around to The Wire and Boardwalk Empire.

Need something funny to watch, just finished always sunny in Philadelphia and loved it so something along those likes please.

If you haven't seen it already; Arrested Development. I watched it after Always Sunny hoping I found something to replace it with and ended up loving it just as much. 

Other than that I dunno, I'm not really clued up on new-ish comedies but my mates speak highly of Louie, Community and Parks and Recreation.. all of which I plan to check out in the winter months, 

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Three shows less than a season in that I quite like. None are what I would call great, but some are worth watching.

1) Rush. It's about a doctor who doesn't work in a hospital or practice after he turned up stoned, he's a recreational drug user, top doctor, works for celebs and rich fuckers. Fairly light hearted, but the bird in it is so fucking sexy. It's a 7 out of 10 for me, but I enjoy it more than it's 'good'.

2) Married. Comedy. Not even very funny, but fuck it, I like it. 6.5/10

3) Satisfaction. I'm only a few into this one, but I think this has got legs. It's about a guy who... well, just watch this one. 7.5/10, pushing 8.

If you haven't seen it already; Arrested Development. I watched it after Always Sunny hoping I found something to replace it with and ended up loving it just as much.

Other than that I dunno, I'm not really clued up on new-ish comedies but my mates speak highly of Louie, Community and Parks and Recreation.. all of which I plan to check out in the winter months,

Nice one mate will give it a go. I heard archer was described as being similar to arrested development in some way so can't be too bad.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Try Legit as well. It on FX same as It's always sunny, Archer, Louie etc... And it's well worth a watch.

I watched some of that. Was cancelled after a couple of seasons though.

Went back to girls as the missus had been on at me for ages to go back and finish it (I gave up halfway trough season 2).

I hate all the characters, they're self involved, selfish and annoying. Marnie would obviously get a game but the lead (Lena Dunham) especially is pisses me off to an extreme. She loves getting naked and showing her bits off but while not all women are going to be stunners it just feels all for the "look at us, we don't judge unattractive people". Shoshona is an annoying twat, marnie is vacuous twat, the blonde one is just a caricature twat of a character and the lead is just a horrible twat. That's before getting to the pointless blokes. Twats the lot of them.

I preserver as it buys me leverage to watch far more interesting shows. But this is challenging.

2/10.