You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Channel Zero (series 3) - Butchers Block.

Onto series three of the horror series. Really enjoyed Candle Cove and No End House. This started off promising - it even stars Rutger Hauer! Very freaky, some good moments. 

But no, overall. Massive plot leaps, dodgy acting, poor scripting. Strangely quirky and wacky - a bit like the American Horror Stories sequels. 

Disappointing. 6/10. (Extra point for the lead actress who was nice to look at). 

channelzero_syfy.jpg

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Long Hot Summers: The Story of The Style Council. This was absolutely brilliant. A proper in-depth look at Weller’s best and most interesting work (save it, haters; I can’t be arsed) with contributions from

pretty much everyone with a relevant perspective. And the treat of an ending with the four of them performing It’s A Very Deep Sea once again was absolutely incredible. What a song, what a band! 11/10. 

What channel was/is this on ? 

Best live artist I've seen , first saw the Jam on the Gift tour about '82 I think at Manchester Apollo. 

Blew me away , Liverpool royal court also . Went to see the style council at Nottingham and Birmingham  NSC  I think , they had some top tunes , money go round , Boy who cried wolf . 

Looking forward to seeing this

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, elvis said:

Best live artist I've seen , first saw the Jam on the Gift tour about '82 I think at Manchester Apollo. 

Blew me away , Liverpool royal court also . Went to see the style council at Nottingham and Birmingham  NSC  I think , they had some top tunes , money go round , Boy who cried wolf . 

Sky arts. It was on last night 9pm. Should be on catch up somewhere soon.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Long Hot Summers: The Story of The Style Council. This was absolutely brilliant. A proper in-depth look at Weller’s best and most interesting work (save it, haters; I can’t be arsed) with contributions from

pretty much everyone with a relevant perspective. And the treat of an ending with the four of them performing It’s A Very Deep Sea once again was absolutely incredible. What a song, what a band! 11/10. 

I was saying to a mate the other day I don't know what has happened with me and Weller. I used to love him, especially the solo & jam work and I didn't hate the style council, I just didn't think it was that great. Now I literally can't listen to the jam or his solo work, if I'm shuffling music across my library and it comes on, I just forward through. The style council though, I'm really properly enjoying and I'm often listening to it. I'm not terrifically sure my musical taste has changed as I'm not dropping other stuff I've listened to all my life, but Weller I've had a complete about turn on. 

• Upvote 1

On 30/10/2020 at 21:20, Captain Turdseye said:

Still freaks my nut out that I didn’t know the girl who plays Eleven in Stranger Things and the lad who plays Franklin in Snowfall are both English. Genuinely had no idea. 

Finished The Shield a few days ago. Glad to see the back of it to be honest. It got pretty samey towards the end but I guess they boxed it off nicely. It’s definitely not worthy of the esteem it’s held in by some people. I’ve heard it described as one rung below the likes of Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc but I’m not having that.

On 30/10/2020 at 21:40, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, it’s definitely overrated on here. I like it but it’s below top level. 

On 30/10/2020 at 21:41, The Golden Eel said:

Thirded. 

On 30/10/2020 at 21:42, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Brace for the mega neg from Col. 

You damn right mother fuckers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, elvis said:

As Gnasher has said, Sky Arts. It’s on their On Demand now and there’s an extra 30 minute thing of Mick Talbot and Steve White talking to Eddie Piller about TSC (which isn’t that great, to be honest). 

American Murder: The Family Next Door - 7/10. Nobody deserves to die, but fuck me that Shannan was annoying. Should have just jibbed her off via divorce though. And the poor kids. Girlfriend was a bit odd. She was very exaggerated in the way she was speaking to the police at the station.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

American Murder: The Family Next Door - 7/10. Nobody deserves to die, but fuck me that Shannan was annoying. Should have just jibbed her off via divorce though. And the poor kids. Girlfriend was a bit odd. She was very exaggerated in the way she was speaking to the police at the station.

Couldn't agree more. Her ability to film mundane shite endlessly was only topped by her nagging. She was 'U ok hun' in human form. God rest her soul.

I couldn't help thinking the girlfriend might have suggested to him it would be handy if he was single with no kids. Thought the same with her at the station, and his inability to explain it all and reactions just gave me the feeling something else had been afoot.

I've been onto the US Justice Department to inform them an expert has cast a fresh pair of eyes over the case files.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Couldn't agree more. Her ability to film mundane shite endlessly was only topped by her nagging. She was 'U ok hun' in human form. God rest her soul.

I couldn't help thinking the girlfriend might have suggested to him it would be handy if he was single with no kids. Thought the same with her at the station, and his inability to explain it all and reactions just gave me the feeling something else had been afoot.

I've been onto the US Justice Department to inform them an expert has cast a fresh pair of eyes over the case files.

There are numerous Facebook groups set up that are full of people slagging off the dead girl and suggesting the bit on the side was in on it. They’ve been going since long before this Netflix film. My bird is in some of them. She’s a fucking disgrace. 

IMAGINE IF THAT WAS YOUR KID. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There are numerous Facebook groups set up that are full of people slagging off the dead girl and suggesting the bit on the side was in on it. They’ve been going since long before this Netflix film. My bird is in some of them. She’s a fucking disgrace. 

Didn’t realise you live-streamed your lot eating their tea on a daily basis mate.

Please consider this a full and frank apology.

4 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Did you sign your letter to them Sherlock Holmes Esq. ?

They won’t have a clue Sherlock Holmes is fictional and will probably turn you loose on the case.

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

4 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah not a fan of seeing people killed but I'd have set fire to her long before if she was my missus. 

The girlfriend was quite fit in some of the pictures but was actually a proper weirdo. I'm not sure she was in on it. Tragically I think the kids were killed over the weekend the wife was away and he acted for her then pounced. 

38 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah not a fan of seeing people killed but I'd have set fire to her long before if she was my missus. 

The girlfriend was quite fit in some of the pictures but was actually a proper weirdo. I'm not sure she was in on it. Tragically I think the kids were killed over the weekend the wife was away and he acted for her then pounced. 

I could understand wanting to wrench yourself away from the missus here but the kids? No fuckin reason at all.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I could understand wanting to wrench yourself away from the missus here but the kids? No fuckin reason at all.

So fucking grim that. Unhinged cunt 

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Started watching Succession earlier. Four episodes later I’m having to drag myself away to go to bed. 

Jammy twat