You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

33 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Current season of Billions is a bit underwhelming at the moment. Pretty much everybody is an absolute cunt and that makes it pretty boring. Far more style than substance currently and it needs to shift a few gears in the coming weeks. I'd also love one of those geeks in Axelrod's firm to be a black belt in Martial Arts and kick the arse of Dollar Bill or one of those other twats in there.

Spot on that, a corner into which Peaky Blinders has also painted itself. When everybody is a gimormous cunt then who do you root for?

I thought episode 2 was better than the series opener but it's definitely been a couple of steps beneath previous seasons so far.

Kill fucking Wendy.

24 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Spot on that, a corner into which Peaky Blinders has also painted itself. When everybody is a gimormous cunt then who do you root for?

I thought episode 2 was better than the series opener but it's definitely been a couple of steps beneath previous seasons so far.

Kill fucking Wendy.

She is definitely up there with the worst of them.

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Current season of Billions is a bit underwhelming at the moment. Pretty much everybody is an absolute cunt and that makes it pretty boring. Far more style than substance currently and it needs to shift a few gears in the coming weeks. I'd also love one of those geeks in Axelrod's firm to be a black belt in Martial Arts and kick the arse of Dollar Bill or one of those other twats in there.

Spot on. I've not enjoyed it much, even wags is becoming annoying. 

On 12/05/2020 at 06:37, Paul said:

Agreed. I read something on Twitter criticising it because Jordan’s own company is secretly one of the producers. The implication being that it’s journalistically compromised. 

Firstly, the fact that the locker room footage required his agreement and that of the NBA, seems to have passed them by. Second of all, the idea that it’s some sort of vanity project is ridiculous to anyone who’s watched it. Jordan is very much shown warts and all and it’s a more compelling show for it. 

The stuff about his dad, first retirement, engineered slights, baseball and needling of teammates this week was brilliant stuff. And it was all the better for Jordan and virtually every key teammate, opponent, family member and official then commenting on these aspects of his life and character. 

In short, this is great fucking telly. 

How much did they pay you to write this?

10 hours ago, Elite said:

It's as much about mental resilience than physical, that's why they criticise constantly to break people. Would be a shite show if they made it easy for everyone and gave them loads of positive encouragement.

"Oh put Tony down Brendan, he's far too heavy for you. Should we just back to camp and eat marsh mellows around the campfire."

Bellew "I just wanna get home safe to my wife and kids."

I get that. It should be tough and they should be challenged.

But with that Brendan Cole, they called him weak and then kicked him out for not being able to carry a 16/17 stone fella. He didn't react negatively to it so that's not why they kicked him out.

They kicked him out because they think he's weak. Seems clear to me he just wasn't conditioned to do what they were asking.

If they were looking to test your response to abuse then Bellew would be well out by now because he's reacted aggressively and emotionally on several occasions now. He's still there though because they're scared of him whereas they're happy to throw abuse at the ones they aren't scared of.

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

But with that Brendan Cole, they called him weak and then kicked him out for not being able to carry a 16/17 stone fella. He didn't react negatively to it so that's not why they kicked him out.

They kicked him out because they think he's weak. Seems clear to me he just wasn't conditioned to do what they were asking.

If they were looking to test your response to abuse then Bellew would be well out by now because he's reacted aggressively and emotionally on several occasions now. He's still there though because they're scared of him whereas they're happy to throw abuse at the ones they aren't scared of.

I'm not sure you're right tbh. He had a pretty poor episode all around and he couldn't lead that team when asked to do so. He definitely deserved the boot. 

As for Bellew, for all his posturing he is really trying and you can see that. They are trying to break him in a different way to Brendan Cole because they are both wired differently. 

They have given Bellew as much abuse as anyone else throughout it. I did like the bit where the DS were sat around discussing the recruits and that Jason Fox (The one who talks like Lampard, he is fucking sound him) went about Bellew "With him though he will finish the front crawl out of the sea then just start head butting the deck" I was pissing myself for ages. 

I saw a decent thing with that Jason Fox where he meets a load of cartel members in Mexico on Netflix. Imagine Ross Kemp on Gangs but with an actual hard-man who doesn't puff his chest out and act hard at all but knows what he is talking about. 

Anyway, the stand-out person for me throughout has been Nikki Sanderson. Hope she wins it. Fearless that girl. Still looks the same as when she was Candice in Corrie about 20 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

It's a fair point and I do agree that they don't target Bellew half as much as the others but maybe because he's great television and he's one of the few blokes that would actually knock fuck out of them, Middleton didn't back down though when Bellew squared upto him.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm not sure you're right tbh. He had a pretty poor episode all around and he couldn't lead that team when asked to do so. He definitely deserved the boot. 

As for Bellew, for all his posturing he is really trying and you can see that. They are trying to break him in a different way to Brendan Cole because they are both wired differently. 

They have given Bellew as much abuse as anyone else throughout it. I did like the bit where the DS were sat around discussing the recruits and that Jason Fox (The one who talks like Lampard, he is fucking sound him) went about Bellew "With him though he will finish the front crawl out of the sea then just start head butting the deck" I was pissing myself for ages. 

I saw a decent thing with that Jason Fox where he meets a load of cartel members in Mexico on Netflix. Imagine Ross Kemp on Gangs but with an actual hard-man who doesn't puff his chest out and act hard at all but knows what he is talking about. 

Anyway, the stand-out person for me throughout has been Nikki Sanderson. Hope she wins it. Fearless that girl. Still looks the same as when she was Candice in Corrie about 20 years ago. 

You not read their books? They are reasonably cheap now. Ant Middleton and Ollie Ollertons books were very good but I found Jason Fox's book very maudling as most of it was about PTSD. Wouldn't mind reading Mark Billinghams book when it drops in price as I think he's the most dangerous out of them all.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

You not read their books? They are reasonably cheap now. Ant Middleton and Ollie Ollertons books were very good but I found Jason Fox's book very maudling as most of it was about PTSD. Wouldn't mind reading Mark Billinghams book when it drops in price as I think he's the most dangerous out of them all.

I was tempted by Middletons but wasn't gonna pay more than a couple of quid for it. I don't mind that Ollie so I expect his is decent. Jason Fox's probably wasn't as entertaining because he isn't a McNab type, he is a straight down the line, from the heart/gut kind of guy. Not much charisma but you'd want him next to you over the other 3 anyway of the week. 

Yep fully agree about Billy. He is terrifying. That fella simply doesn't give a fuck. Old school military tough.

Actually in hindsight re: Bellew, when they did that rope challenge in the last episode, Billy told Brendan Cole to shut the fuck up when he was hanging midway off the rope and couldn't get back up. Bellew didn't get two yards, was nearly crying and flopped back onto the platform like a beached whale and Billy just stopped short of sucking him off. I like to think the producers begged him to be nice or one of them will have ended up getting launched off it. 

35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mate she was born when you were in your 40's 

How do you know? Love really does move in mysterious ways anyhow. 

Also I've had 2 chicks of interest in the past couple of years, one 19 other 23, and I fare well. Firm young flesh. 

None of this escapes the fact that you must gaze elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was tempted by Middletons but wasn't gonna pay more than a couple of quid for it. I don't mind that Ollie so I expect his is decent. Jason Fox's probably wasn't as entertaining because he isn't a McNab type, he is a straight down the line, from the heart/gut kind of guy. Not much charisma but you'd want him next to you over the other 3 anyway of the week. 

Yep fully agree about Billy. He is terrifying. That fella simply doesn't give a fuck. Old school military tough.

Actually in hindsight re: Bellew, when they did that rope challenge in the last episode, Billy told Brendan Cole to shut the fuck up when he was hanging midway off the rope and couldn't get back up. Bellew didn't get two yards, was nearly crying and flopped back onto the platform like a beached whale and Billy just stopped short of sucking him off. I like to think the producers begged him to be nice or one of them will have ended up getting launched off it. 

They are only about £3 each on Kindle now. The Ant Middleton book I read was called 'The First Man In' as his new one is expensive and looks like a self-help book.

Billingham was a bodyguard for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, so he must be super legit. 

Looking at him on the photo you wouldn't think he's an super dangerous ex-special forces guy but Ollie said in his book that it's not the big muscley jarheads that they recruit it's the quiet bloke sat in the corner who doesn't look like much.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_0d5c72fe-8fa8-11e6-91d4-91c7eaaf09d6.jpg

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Also I've had 2 chicks of interest in the past couple of years, one 19 other 23, and I fare well. Firm young flesh

Steady on Dracula.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Also I've had 2 chicks of interest in the past couple of years, one 19 other 23, and I fare well. Firm young flesh. 

You post on the GF about seeing Geoff Strong score goals ! 

Fair play to you though. 

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

They are only about £3 each on Kindle now. The Ant Middleton book I read was called 'The First Man In' as his new one is expensive and looks like a self-help book.

Billingham was a bodyguard for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, so he must be super legit. 

Looking at him on the photo you wouldn't think he's an super dangerous ex-special forces guy but Ollie said in his book that it's not the big muscley jarheads that they recruit it's the quiet bloke sat in the corner who doesn't look like much.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_0d5c72fe-8fa8-11e6-91d4-91c7eaaf09d6.jpg

Haha fucking hell never knew that. I can imagine the conversation there. 

"So were just gonna go round Jennifers, you can wait outside while I go in and shag her"

"Ok"

"You know who Jennifer is don't you?"

"No"

"Rachel off Friends?"

"Never heard of em" 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You post on the GF about seeing Geoff Strong score goals ! 

Fair play to you though. 

Haha, I was 5 when he signed so if I seen him I can't remember, though must of done. 

I just mentioned that a few older ones held him in high regard. 

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Haha, I was 5 when he signed so if I seen him I can't remember, though must of done. 

I just mentioned that a few older ones held him in high regard. 

Yeah you were 39 when she was born. Thats ok then. You can go first!