You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 30/10/2023 at 13:43, The Midnight Rambler said:

The detectives is back on BBC 2 tonight. I got shelved last year as the case went to court. Definitely worth a watch.

I thought The Detectives was a part of Jasper Carrott’s TV show?

45 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The lad had balls of steel and his work mate that had his back in court. 

Gutted.

It was brilliant tv. Very sad about the poor lad who I bet would have smashed the life out of any of those horrible bastards in a one on one scrap. The head honcho will be suspected to be a grass given the sentence he got. Quite telling how he was the only one not to have his door smashed through. 
Could well involve something with the clearly bent copper as well. 

Top Boy, all series. 10/10 innit.

Finally got my missus to watch this. Series 4&5 where new to me.

Raw, gritty, real life in the world of selling drugs and all the dirty bastards who make a living from it.

Spoke to a woman here on holiday from London. The week before she attended a funeral of a 15 year old murder victim. That followed a 16 year old who suffered the same, both pupils from the school she worked. 

I mentioned Top Boy and how grim it looks, her school is in the same area, she lives there. Fuckin grim reflection of drug culture.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Arniepie said:

It's boss 

It must take ages to film

Though I still don't know they nicked the ones who got the heavy sentences?

Just on the phone records?

Top man got hit for money laundering. One on the run in Pakistan? Son for the hatchet job

9 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Could they have picked a slightly-less generic name?

Is "The Detectives" a British show? Any idea of the year it was made/first broadcast? How many episodes?

Ah to hell with it. I'm going to watch "Beach Volleyball Detectives Part I" instead. 

they did 2 episodes about 2 years years ago and we have waiting this tong for the 3rd because it was a very complex investigation.

Its on I player

defo a  must see

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

It was brilliant tv. Very sad about the poor lad who I bet would have smashed the life out of any of those horrible bastards in a one on one scrap. The head honcho will be suspected to be a grass given the sentence he got. Quite telling how he was the only one not to have his door smashed through. 
Could well involve something with the clearly bent copper as well. 

They had little evidence that he was the top dog other than knowing full well he was. They even say that the top dogs do well to hide their involvement although it's obvious whose who. Shows the CPS up for being twats for letting them all go initially but I guess it helped build a bigger case. That fat one whose on the run has got a seriously punchable grid on him.. I have zero doubt that he'd wipe the floor with me but that gurning was disgusting. 

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Top Boy, all series. 10/10 innit.

Finally got my missus to watch this. Series 4&5 where new to me.

Raw, gritty, real life in the world of selling drugs and all the dirty bastards who make a living from it.

Spoke to a woman here on holiday from London. The week before she attended a funeral of a 15 year old murder victim. That followed a 16 year old who suffered the same, both pupils from the school she worked. 

I mentioned Top Boy and how grim it looks, her school is in the same area, she lives there. Fuckin grim reflection of drug culture.

series 1 top 4 were brilliant (3 especially)

the last was hugely disappointing, they could have done so much more with that irish mob story

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

series 1 top 4 were brilliant (3 especially)

the last was hugely disappointing, they could have done so much more with that irish mob story

I enjoyed the last as much as the first, do agree about the Irish mob though.

Could be Drake ran out of money!

Sully and Deshane played the roles of horrible cunts superbly.

8 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I enjoyed the last as much as the first, do agree about the Irish mob though.

Could be Drake ran out of money!

Sully and Deshane played the roles of horrible cunts superbly.

that irish lad was brilliant in it but loads of the plot didnt make sense.

sully was brilliant in it,how much he has changed from season 1

• Upvote 1

For those who have previously watched 'Undercover' on Netflix. The spin-off prequel series 'Ferry' starts on Netflix. 'Undercover' was great and the Ferry Movie prequel was decent also. Belgian / Dutch co production and well worth a watch. Especially if you have a thing for Belgian Country & Western themed holiday camps.  Franck Lammers who plays 'Ferry' is boss actor and a funny man. Also a big PSV Eindhoven fan. Even more important is that's another opportunity to watch the rather wonderful Elise Schaap onscreen. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding The Detectives, I've still no fucking clue how that bent copper didn't even receive any disciplinary action from the police, let alone a conviction.

Just started Gen V. Solid start, it doesn't have anyone of the gravitas of Homelander and Butcher but is the same style of The Boys.

It's very graphic, didn't think I'd ever see a woman shrink herself to size of a borrower and then dangle from an erect penis on a standard TV show!

20 minutes ago, Elite said:

Regarding The Detectives, I've still no fucking clue how that bent copper didn't even receive any disciplinary action from the police, let alone a conviction.

Just started Gen V. Solid start, it doesn't have anyone of the gravitas of Homelander and Butcher but is the same style of The Boys.

It's very graphic, didn't think I'd ever see a woman shrink herself to size of a borrower and then dangle from an erect penis on a standard TV show!

that was mad that

they had phone records linking them to the gang,an eye witness putting her there and even documents in here house. 

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

that was mad that

they had phone records linking them to the gang,an eye witness putting her there and even documents in here house. 

Yeah it's baffling. I thought maybe, they had something over her and she was doing it out of fear but then on one of the documents found in her house, she wrote 'lol' on an observation she made. Hardly the actions of someone afraid.

Bet she's still serving as a copper as well.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah it's baffling. I thought maybe, they had something over her and she was doing it out of fear but then on one of the documents found in her house, she wrote 'lol' on an observation she made. Hardly the actions of someone afraid.

Bet she's still serving as a copper as well.

the phone records were bad enough.

she had constantly been messeging a crime group and didnt even get disciplined.

9 hours ago, Yoshi City said:

For those who have previously watched 'Undercover' on Netflix. The spin-off prequel series 'Ferry' starts on Netflix. 'Undercover' was great and the Ferry Movie prequel was decent also. Belgian / Dutch co production and well worth a watch. Especially if you have a thing for Belgian Country & Western themed holiday camps.  Franck Lammers who plays 'Ferry' is boss actor and a funny man. Also a big PSV Eindhoven fan. Even more important is that's another opportunity to watch the rather wonderful Elise Schaap onscreen. 

Just started watching it through a Real Debrid link. Pretty good so far.